ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #616
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
So..my 2 buddies

Bruce, who I've been trying to get to come out for almost a year...and Noel who I introduced ADVrider to go out for a ride and don't even call me

Sheeeeeit...Noel even got a new ride!

Oh well...it was much more fun doing yardwork Bastards!

Hope to see some dust from Noel's new ride soon. That thing looks awesome!

Paging Riceless...

Glad to see Noel got a nice twin. He almost lost his leg riding a Harley. This one goes fast, handles, stops, looks nice, and doesn't sound like a wet fart. Guess I'll stop by so I can drool on it.

Oni screwed with this post 06-23-2008 at 11:50 AM
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #617
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains

our sunday CHURCH RIDES has nothin on you guys??!!!?!!?
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #618
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,447
Quote:
Missed last weekend's ride. I did the Cedric Ride http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...337748&page=16

Just wished some of you went, but I have to agree Father's Day is more important.

Ok, this Sat we can do local, maybe just half a day. If you have something better, let's go for it.

On the 28th, we're still good for Gorman, just have to decide where to camp.
What's the lastest for you FF's....Sunday 86d4life and I are going to ride...Tule Ridge to Sawmill...over to Gorman then out the back to the 33 and back down to the coast....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #619
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,738
Gorman Camp Site

There are a few developed campsites in the area, but it seems the "Circle Canyon Campground" has the most trees in the area and away from the main road. The coordinates are 34 45' 41.69"N, 118 52' 08.48"W, and use google earth to get an aerial view. If you have a preference and a better site with plenty of shade, please let us know, we can always switch campground before the weekend.

To get there, exit HW138, go north on Peace Valley Rd, left on Gold Hill Rd., pass the Ranger Station/Visitor Center, pass the Edison Canyon Campground, pass the Sterling Canyon Campground, less than a quarter mile away, make a left on Circle Canyon. I would guess the Circle Canyon is about 2 miles south of the Ranger Station.

It will be great if we can get someone to come up on Friday night and save us a couple of spots. Those trucking, bring some firewood if you intend to camp overnight.

I will have cold water and soda for those riding to Gorman from home. We can also make lunch and I'll get the burger patties and buns, just need to know how many are coming.

Chances are there will be only a several of us, but if you guys decide to come, we will be there, or at least our trucks and tents!

Again, those who plans to trailer from OC, there will be some guys looking for a ride.

Cheers,

Joel

NSFW screwed with this post 06-23-2008 at 10:02 PM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #620
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,447
Quote:
There are a few developed campsites in the area, but it seems the "Circle Canyon Campground" has the most trees in the area and away from the main road. The coordinates are 34 45' 41.69"N, 118 52' 08.48"W, and use google earth to get an aerial view. If you have a preference and a better site with plenty of shade, please let us know, we can always switch campground before the weekend.

To get there, exit HW138, go north on Peace Valley Rd, left on Gold Hill Rd., pass the Ranger Station/Visitor Center, pass the Edison Canyon Campground, pass the Sterling Canyon Campground, less than a quarter mile away, make a left on Circle Canyon. I would guess the Circle Canyon is about 2 miles south of the Ranger Station.

It will be great if we can get someone to come up on Friday night and save us a couple of spots. Those trucking, bring some firewood if you intend to camp overnight.

I will have cold water and soda for those riding to Gorman from home. We can also make lunch and I'll get the burger patties and buns, just need to know how many are coming.

Chances are there will be only a several of us, but if you guys decide to come, we will be there, or at least our trucks and tents!

Again, those who plans to trailer from OC, there will be some guys looking for a ride.

Cheers,

Joel
map at the bottom

http://www.hikercentral.com/campgrounds/114402.html
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #621
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Ok, guys.....are we riding this Sat?

Looks like just StuCazzo and me!

Anyway, I'm thinking of doing a training ride...bought Gary Semic's videos and try out some of the lessons I saw about cornering.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:41 PM   #622
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,272
You guys mind another person on this ride? My two day B Bear ride was crapped on , and I'm jonesing for a ride.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:27 PM   #623
bongodave
Legalize it, already

Oddometer: 39,154
Me want go, too.

I'd be riding up to the spot. I'd be light on supplies, but can pay a little $$ for some essentials. I'm backpack mode, only, for the time being. What should I bring?
bongodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:56 AM   #624
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname
You guys mind another person on this ride? My two day B Bear ride was crapped on , and I'm jonesing for a ride.

Always exciting to see new riders coming along! Ride and join the fun!

bongodaveMe want go, too.

I'd be riding up to the spot. I'd be light on supplies, but can pay a little $$ for some essentials. I'm backpack mode, only, for the time being. What should I bring?

Hey Dave, don't worry about the essentials, there will be food, drinks, and firewood. All you need is a tankful of gas, and cool stories to share (make up a few if you have to)!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #625
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
So..my 2 buddies

Bruce, who I've been trying to get to come out for almost a year...and Noel who I introduced ADVrider to go out for a ride and don't even call me

Sheeeeeit...Noel even got a new ride!

Oh well...it was much more fun doing yardwork Bastards!

Hope to see some dust from Noel's new ride soon. That thing looks awesome!

Paging Riceless...

Glad to see Noel got a nice twin. He almost lost his leg riding a Harley. This one goes fast, handles, stops, looks nice, and doesn't sound like a wet fart. Guess I'll stop by so I can drool on it.
Hey mark...quick tip CHECK UR PHONE !We tryed txtin several times We even held a late pre ride vigil NO luck! Gorman this weekend ,u in ?
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #626
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,387
In for Gorman

just for the day on Sat.

Me, 15 year old son, 30 year old boyfriend of daughter

XR 200, XR250, XR400, green stickered

bongodave, if you need anything brought up, let me know

Cathy
Old 06-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #627
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

I'm able to go out Friday if a campground needs to be saved. Besides, I like to drink alone.

Let me know.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #628
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,122
Hey NotMyBikeModelName ,I should be there fri as well all thing permitting but theres an out side chance it could be sat morn early, RV and trailer space if u could. Dont worry hangin out with me is like being alone ,what am i looking for to i.d. u .thanx Noel
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:56 PM   #629
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
Hey NotMyBikeModelName ,I should be there fri as well all thing permitting but theres an out side chance it could be sat morn early, RV and trailer space if u could. Dont worry hangin out with me is like being alone ,what am i looking for to i.d. u .thanx Noel
Noel, Look for a beat up '05 Dakar, a bunch of empty alcohol bottles, possibly a violated squirrel or two, and a pile of puke , not necessarily in that order...actually, if you have a good nose the puke will be the first sign you're getting close.

No prob on the RV/trailer space.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #630
STU CAZZO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Joel I'll contact you by phone tomorrow so we can coordinate.

What temps are we looking at this Saturday???
STU CAZZO is offline   Reply With Quote