ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #6346
CCer
missing
 
CCer's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: unknown
Oddometer: 197
the usual howdy's at the 7-11 with some fresh faces




no tw for sopascat today, she's out on a stolen bike


quick break at little t and scd

beautiful day on the scd






johngil on the qtr ton gs






fmfpunk



erik, it was good having you along. see you next time.


wzltech saved this little guy from the thundering herd going up 4n24




back to scd/mt gleason


burgers and beer then home
CCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #6347
BiggieFalls
b00b
 
BiggieFalls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Westminster
Oddometer: 949
Had fun finally riding with you guys. I'll try to make some future rides and get to know everyone a little better. Sorry I missed the good dirt stuff.

Eric
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #6348
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target
 
eatpasta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Oddometer: 9,941
no wonder we lost you guys, you were snake charming

__________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #6349
fmfpunk
Hooligan in training
 
fmfpunk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Koocamonga, CA
Oddometer: 1,170
I'm home

Good ride, guys. See you next time.

Marty
__________________
I'll slack you off, you fuzzy little foreigner. I'll fill your bagpipes with Wheatena!
fmfpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #6350
Riddler990
I Suck, You Rule.
 
Riddler990's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Burbank,Ca.
Oddometer: 523
YES! BiggieFalls
Riddler990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #6351
WzlTech
The fool on the hill
 
WzlTech's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Stuck between reality and insanity.
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta
no wonder we lost you guys, you were snake charming

Well, it was a charming snake.

FMFpunk and I found another one up on Lynx, may have even been a little bigger. The reptiles and ADVriders (is that redundant?) were out in force today.

Thanks all, nice ride.
WzlTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #6352
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls
Had fun finally riding with you guys. I'll try to make some future rides and get to know everyone a little better. Sorry I missed the good dirt stuff.

Eric
Hi Eric.. we're priviledged to have your first post.....

Next time, we'll make sure you do the the whole route.....

riddler and biggiefalls...
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #6353
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by WzlTech
Well, it was a charming snake.

FMFpunk and I found another one up on Lynx, may have even been a little bigger. The reptiles and ADVriders (is that redundant?) were out in force today.

Thanks all, nice ride.
good to see you again don; the upcoming succesor to steve irwin.....

NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #6354
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,807
riddler and biggiefalls were on time coming over to my house. vern was missing and later we found out his bike died on glenoaks and hollywood way.

riddler did a good job trouble shooting vern's bike problem



i apologize for being 20 minutes late.....and thanks to everyone for being patient.

good turnout this morning....


eatpasta rode that xr650r like a baja racer...


we get to wear out the chicken strips on little t





johngil the only rider today on a big bike...


cathy beat the kids to ride the dr
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #6355
Artboy57
Slave to THE MOUSE
 
Artboy57's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: BEE-yoo-tee-ful Eagle Rock, CA
Oddometer: 690
Home fine, but I'm in Advil land for a while. Bruised ribs, tweaked neck and lower leg. Waaaah! Joel almost got his pic of my nap, but once again I beat the reaper!
Artboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #6356
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artboy57
Home fine, but I'm in Advil land for a while. Bruised ribs, tweaked neck and lower leg. Waaaah! Joel almost got his pic of my nap, but once again I beat the reaper!
Was good to see you again, Chris, hope you feel better soon....

Joel did get pics of my little nap, can't wait to see 'em....
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #6357
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artboy57
Home fine, but I'm in Advil land for a while. Bruised ribs, tweaked neck and lower leg. Waaaah! Joel almost got his pic of my nap, but once again I beat the reaper!

dang....i missed it by a few seconds.....


soooooo where does it hurt chris ?......
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #6358
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,477
Did it again....

Didn't hit a bus this time....just a KTM 250 coming the other way on my side of the trail....We hit head on and mostly chest to chest as we were both standing...I tried to go left but his buddy was there so after we hit and went down I was rolling to the left and rolled over the buddy who low sided..so actually I hit 2 bikes today....

The guy that hit me was wearing SHORTS and a sweatshirt...no gloves....he has significant burns from the header of his bike that landed on top of him... ....only the burns....no other injuries...his english wasn't very good but he got across that he was OK...

The SE is mostly ok...lost the front fender, headlight assembly adjuster and a hand guard....

I don't have a scratch....pressure suit, knees braces etc....


I don't like OHV areas anymore....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #6359
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target
 
eatpasta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Oddometer: 9,941
we had a couple offs today, didnt we? It doesnt seem to matter as much on the dirtbikes as on the GSes (as it takes three or four people to pick them up again....)
__________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #6360
fmfpunk
Hooligan in training
 
fmfpunk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Koocamonga, CA
Oddometer: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Did it again....

Didn't hit a bus this time....just a KTM 250 coming the other way on my side of the trail....We hit head on and mostly chest to chest as we were both standing...I tried to go left but his buddy was there so after we hit and went down I was rolling to the left and rolled over the buddy who low sided..so actually I hit 2 bikes today....

The guy that hit me was wearing SHORTS and a sweatshirt...no gloves....he has significant burns from the header of his bike that landed on top of him... ....only the burns....no other injuries...his english wasn't very good but he got across that he was OK...

The SE is mostly ok...lost the front fender, headlight assembly adjuster and a hand guard....

I don't have a scratch....pressure suit, knees braces etc....


I don't like OHV areas anymore....
And why didn't you beat he shit out of them?
__________________
I'll slack you off, you fuzzy little foreigner. I'll fill your bagpipes with Wheatena!
fmfpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014