ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #631
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by STU CAZZO
Joel I'll contact you by phone tomorrow so we can coordinate.

What temps are we looking at this Saturday???
10-Day Forecast


High /
Low (°F)
Precip. %
Tonight
Jun 25
Clear58°0 %
Thu
Jun 26
Sunny78°/60°10 %
Fri
Jun 27
Sunny79°/61°0 %
Sat
Jun 28
Sunny82°/61°0 %
Sun
Jun 29
Sunny83°/59°0 %
Mon
Jun 30
Sunny81°/59°0 %
Tue
Jul 01
Sunny81°/62°0 %
Wed
Jul 02
Sunny83°/62°0 %
Thu
Jul 03
Sunny83°/62°0 %
Fri
Jul 04
Sunny83°/62°0 %
Last Updated Jun 25 07:07 p.m. PT
Nowwhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:48 PM   #632
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
I totally forget about this weekend…… ooooppps
Anyone going on Friday? What camp?
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #633
espi
scheming adventurer
 
espi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA.
Oddometer: 517
deep sea fishing

going deep sea fishing sat night to sunday night out of newport.
$ 200 for the ride, tackle, bait, & license.
Any ham radio operators? will contact when out at sea, outside of Catalina on papa system.

2 weekends from now i'm game for some dirt!

later,

Espi
__________________
07 DR650 "The Tanker" as in fuel...- SOLD
08 KTM 990 ADV "Calavasa". sold
2011 F800GS "Vroomhilda"
espi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #634
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,248
Danny,NMBMN and i will be there some time fri."circle canyon camp ground"was the plan gps coor. have been posted .basically off pavment a mile or so past the ranger sta.entrance if i remember correctly,rangers have free area maps when u pay fees and get your muffler violated by them
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #635
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
some times i go deep 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by espi
going deep sea fishing sat night to sunday night out of newport.
$ 200 for the ride, tackle, bait, & license.
Any ham radio operators? will contact when out at sea, outside of Catalina on papa system.

2 weekends from now i'm game for some dirt!

later,

Espi
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:07 PM   #636
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
I have annual pass.... map in every pocket in the RV
I was thinking about going to San Diego 2 bring the G650X however weekend in Gorman on the CRF keen be fun 2..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
Danny,NMBMN and i will be there some time fri."circle canyon camp ground"was the plan gps coor. have been posted .basically off pavment a mile or so past the ranger sta.entrance if i remember correctly,rangers have free area maps when u pay fees and get your muffler violated by them
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #637
Oni
Ronin
 
Oni's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Pasadena - Californistan
Oddometer: 1,839
Hey Danny

Be cool to have another X rider in the group!

So I saw Noel watering his lawn yesterday on the way home and stopped to check out his new 950.

It's sweet! Still has paperplate and the rear tire will need to be replaced shortly. Noel said he will probably buy a stack of rear tires as he will be burning through them quickly. He said it's...steer with the rear.

I'd better get one of those headlight guards as there will be another 950 chucking rocks at me. Sito almost nailed me twice so far.

Oni screwed with this post 06-26-2008 at 09:59 AM
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #638
bongodave
Join my cult!
 
bongodave's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Fabulous Eerie, Indiana!
Oddometer: 39,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
In for Gorman

just for the day on Sat.

Me, 15 year old son, 30 year old boyfriend of daughter

XR 200, XR250, XR400, green stickered

bongodave, if you need anything brought up, let me know

Cathy
Thanks, Cathy. I'll just be doing Sat., too, now, so I should be fine.

Any specific time to show up? I'd hate to get there and see that everybody's already taken off!
__________________
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing more than anarchy by the rich. -R-1150-RS
Corporatism walking hand in hand with patriotism .... just as deadly as religion. - Icewalker
"Look, folks, at the end of the day, we are monkeys with nuclear weapons." - Lee Camp
bongodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #639
Bullseye
Mr. Bad Example
 
Bullseye's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: VenCo/CA
Oddometer: 336
Gorman

I'm trying to make it... if I get there, it will be early on Saturday and I will be game to ride with the 'X' group (if you will allow an eXc).

Hey Espi, make sure your boat is big enough... a GW shark just 'hit' a woman in a kayak on the backside of Catalina. Fortunately the kayak took all the abuse and she just went for what must have been a terrifying swim.
__________________
Taylor

KTM 520 exc
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #640
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,248
Question

If anyone needs a ride out ive got a large (car hauler)trailer with 1 xr on it.buggin out btwn 130 -200 manana (friday ,theres that word again)from sereno and not coming back till sun ?thirty o'clock

dunerat screwed with this post 06-26-2008 at 02:55 PM
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #641
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
If anyone needs a ride out ive got a large (car hauler)trailer with 1 xr on it.buggin out btwn 130 -200 manana (friday ,theres that word again)from sereno and not coming back till sun ?thirty o'clock
You're not taking the SE? That thing looks too sweet to leave home. Looks like I'll be one of the only riders on a Dual Sport. Last time that happened, I blew my front fork seals .

notmybikemodelname screwed with this post 06-26-2008 at 03:12 PM
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #642
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,248
its got a plate on it ,the katoom needs a service and i didnt have the time .besides caught this one tryin to run away

dunerat screwed with this post 01-12-2009 at 10:05 AM
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:49 PM   #643
espi
scheming adventurer
 
espi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA.
Oddometer: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
I'm trying to make it... if I get there, it will be early on Saturday and I will be game to ride with the 'X' group (if you will allow an eXc).

Hey Espi, make sure your boat is big enough... a GW shark just 'hit' a woman in a kayak on the backside of Catalina. Fortunately the kayak took all the abuse and she just went for what must have been a terrifying swim.
Damn dude, a GW!! The boat is 60 feet long, not planning on going for a swim!
__________________
07 DR650 "The Tanker" as in fuel...- SOLD
08 KTM 990 ADV "Calavasa". sold
2011 F800GS "Vroomhilda"
espi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #644
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,995
Edited: Looks like we have a good number of riders. I went to Costco today and picked up ciabatta bread, provolone, salame, roast beef, calabrese, and one more for Sat lunch enough to take care of 16 hungry riders. These ain't cost much, so it's on me!

Nowwhat and 86D, you guys are up for lunch? Can you make it to the campsite by 1:00PM? Should be no problem for KTM950s, right!

Edited " no need for the grill" since we going to have cold cuts and italian sandwiches.

Noel, I won't forget the carne asada and I will just be bumming from you at dinner time.

There will be a cooler and lots of ice, you may want to keep your beer there.

So far we have the ff
Noel
Joel
Bongodave
Notmybike
Cathy
Cathy's Son
Cathy's daugther's bf
StuCazzo
Danny G
Danny's bro
C-Dubb?
Nowwhat
86D
Bullseye
Oni

Speak out now if you want to be counted!

Let's shoot for 8am to meet at Circle Canyon.

Who ever going to pick up the campsite, choose one where we get the afternoon shade!

Thanks,

Joel

P.S.

Pablo, if you're riding in 2 weeks, the tuna can be frozen for that long and that will be a nice thing to have over lunch! Good luck, or stop by the frozen fish department on your way home on Sunday night !

NSFW screwed with this post 06-26-2008 at 07:25 PM
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:36 PM   #645
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
you are on my list of people i need to talk about the x....
this weekend will be with 450x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
Hey Danny

Be cool to have another X rider in the group!

So I saw Noel watering his lawn yesterday on the way home and stopped to check out his new 950.

It's sweet! Still has paperplate and the rear tire will need to be replaced shortly. Noel said he will probably buy a stack of rear tires as he will be burning through them quickly. He said it's...steer with the rear.

I'd better get one of those headlight guards as there will be another 950 chucking rocks at me. Sito almost nailed me twice so far.
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014