ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #7696
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Now, I say Concussion and you just assume I fell off a bike?

(I wiped out hard on pavement on a road racing bicycle doing about 40)

But still, I resent the insinuation!
it is you who are doing the ASS out of YOU and ME thing squidward i was making a reference to myself....viccy time
Old 07-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #7697
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
it is you who are doing the ASS out of YOU and ME thing squidward i was making a reference to myself....viccy time
OK U Don't gotta tell me twice for another happy-pill!
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #7698
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
try to make it to WMRS on july 31 to aug 2 ....looks like everyone except those in the injury list will be there. best part we will have carne asada, east l.a. style...

then on aug 15th, we have the "right ride to bear arms", and if you don't have anything to bring yet, there still time to get one...a glock will be my choice.

not to be missed, the kennedy meadows on aug 21 to 23
This is why I need to get out this Sunday I just bought a house that I've been working on every weekend for the last 2 months and I'm getting married down in Mexico aug 15th and I think Tana (the wife to be) would be pissed if I missed that... I may make it to WMRS but I doubt it because of wedding stuff and I'll be on my honeymoon for kennedy meadows. Not that I'm complaing these are all great things, I just have had a new bike for 2 months and I have yet to ride anyone else.

Ben I'm scared to death guard rails, how long until your back to 100%ish?
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #7699
DannyG
I have the waypoint.

Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1
I am back to work. For those of you that did not hear. I had a crash on 6/20/09. I went camping on fri 6/19/09 to camp hillard for the night. On my way down the next morning it started to rain and fog rolled in at 5000ft. 2 miles past the nine mile turn off is when I crashed. The rear wheel started to push out from under me. I put out my left leg to try to s8t out the bike. That did not work. So I tapped the front brake. All that did was make the front end slide out too. At this point the bike was sliding to the right towards a guard rail. About 5 ft before hitting the rail I layed it down. I slid of the bike on my right side. My body slid toward the guard rail at 25 mph. I went under the metal rail but I hit the post. I broke 3 ribs and chipped my right shoulder. I had surgery to repair the shoulder on 6/23/09. Ben
WTF i think you need to consider sailing! i know physical therapist that looking for sailing partner physical therapy will be included

call me if you need my help first 24 visits are free...
Old 07-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #7700
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis
This is why I need to get out this Sunday I just bought a house that I've been working on every weekend for the last 2 months and I'm getting married down in Mexico aug 15th and I think Tana (the wife to be) would be pissed if I missed that... I may make it to WMRS but I doubt it because of wedding stuff and I'll be on my honeymoon for kennedy meadows. Not that I'm complaing these are all great things, I just have had a new bike for 2 months and I have yet to ride anyone else.

JM. I am still not 100% from my last shoulder fracture(left one) It has only been 12 day since it happened. I think the ribs need two more weeks and they will be good to go. As for the shoulder I think it will heal faster this time because of surgery. I hope I can make the LAtoBarstowtoVegas Ride this year? Wanting to do that ride gives me a goal to shot for. I need to get though PT/hehab first. But after thats over I plan to hit the gym like a mad man. By the end of the year I will be a no neck fool. Congrats on the wedding and the new house. My wife has been very understanding/helpful these past two crashes. I was issued a good one when I got her. Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #7701
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG
WTF i think you need to consider sailing! i know physical therapist that looking for sailing partner physical therapy will be included

call me if you need my help first 24 visits are free...
Thanks Danny. Its been a hard year for me. These two crashes have both been on the xr650l. The misses said maybe I should try another type of ds bike. I am still not sure if I am going to keep it. If I do I will want to up grade the suspension and breaks. That is the only way Ill give it another chance. Ben
Old 07-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #7702
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
??? your not serious...
we're on work share and forced to take a day off once a week. not really concerned at the moment. before, i used to hate the lazy asses at work but glad they're there; chances us, they will go first. no, i never use the knee pads at work...

btw, i stopped at scott's in montrose and they have the moose pants with about 30% mesh fabric construction. great for hot weather riding, so i picked a pair. lot better than riding with my zipper down and standing on the pegs to keep the jewels fresh (cheap bastard's airconditioning).......
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #7703
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
hey man....love to see the xrl

This is my pig

there are many like it

but this one is mine.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #7704
SergX
Back on the Saddle

Oddometer: 211
Damn, Ben, that sucks.
I was about to call to check up on you.
Amazing how you just bounce back. I'd probably be bed-ridden for a month!

My friend got run over by an SUV (guy on the MP3 that went offroading with me) - his 3rd accident, 2nd bike totaled, 2nd one was minor, but 1st and 3rd had to go to hospital to get checked out - no injuries (even tho he blacked out on the 1st accident), and wife has put her foot down about him riding. Damnit!

You sure did get a great one!
Hope I'm that lucky when/if my time comes.

Hope you heal up fast!

-Sergio
SergX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #7705
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,596
OOpsy!

Quote:

Hey JM,

You're gonna have to start watching those marital slip ups NOW!

jim

p.s. I could use a ride Sunday too.
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #7706
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,239
Quote:

i see the nekid belly of the pig....

it's fun having a new bike...like a kid and his first bicycle. just take your time farkling the brp.

here's my list if i will do it in this order
1. skid plate
2. bigger tail bag
3. 606s front and rear
4. suspension
5. desmogged if i live outside ca
6. steering damper
7. custom seat
8. fork/disc guards
9. hid headlight

dude...do you have to buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?...

anyhow...congrats to both of you.....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #7707
CCer
missing

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
JM. I am still not 100% from my last shoulder fracture(left one) It has only been 12 day since it happened. I think the ribs need two more weeks and they will be good to go. As for the shoulder I think it will heal faster this time because of surgery. I hope I can make the LAtoBarstowtoVegas Ride this year? Wanting to do that ride gives me a goal to shot for. I need to get though PT/hehab first. But after thats over I plan to hit the gym like a mad man. By the end of the year I will be a no neck fool. Congrats on the wedding and the new house. My wife has been very understanding/helpful these past two crashes. I was issued a good one when I got her. Ben
dammit ben we never got to ride together after the feb injuries. get mended quick - sounds like you're off to a good start.

dale
CCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #7708
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

JM. Don't forget to do dave's mod first. When you ready to do the front fork springs let me know. Ill give you a hand. Ben
Old 07-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #7709
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,313
Quote:
we're on work share and forced to take a day off once a week. not really concerned at the moment. before, i used to hate the lazy asses at work but glad they're there; chances us, they will go first. no, i never use the knee pads at work...

btw, i stopped at scott's in montrose and they have the moose pants with about 30% mesh fabric construction. great for hot weather riding, so i picked a pair. lot better than riding with my zipper down and standing on the pegs to keep the jewels fresh (cheap bastard's airconditioning).......
sorry to hear that... They call them furlow days for the city . Shits tough all over , glad ur still workin . Gotta ck those pants out , hope they come in xxx
Old 07-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #7710
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
JM. Don't forget to do dave's mod first. When you ready to do the front fork springs let me know. Ill give you a hand. Ben
I did the dave's mod but got the wrong slow jet, a 55 but the wrong kind. I'll fix it soon but even with the stock 50 slow jet it's a huge improvement.
I got the bigger tank and some hand guards.
A skid plate and the front forks are next, I would appreciate the help Ben.

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK