ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #8041
cribaby
Dirt/Street? No Wait Dirt

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconrider
prime kicks don't count! be nice to the XR. she's someone's grandma.

wes
If she's someone's grandma, then I like my GILF, I have been riding her hard since she was a babe.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:58 AM   #8042
mike toon
AKA Mr Pastrami

Oddometer: 183
...mill creek parking lot @ 9:30 - 10am, for me.

mike toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #8043
rinconrider
Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer: 351
ah i got home at 11:15, it was all good. pics later.

wes

08 R1200R (mostly stock)
08 WR250R (all done)
rinconrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #8044
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,117
me and oni home .....
Old 07-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #8045
mike toon
AKA Mr Pastrami

Oddometer: 183
Thumb

Fun time guys. Home safe.

Boy, that Dunerat sure is a swell guy.

Poor kid almost got his bike impounded. He took a tongue lashing from the LEO for the longest time.

mike toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #8046
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,738
home 10 minutes ago......

good ride... 8)H, xymotic, rinconrider, dunerat, sospelotudo, oni, and mike toon.

hey dr and dwp...thanks a bunch.. and oni, since i didn't get a tab, the next beer on me and hopefully dunerat won't ruin it.......

rr and pics later.....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #8047
sospelotudo
motochorro

Oddometer: 105
Fun, fun, fun. Thanks for the delicious breakfast/beer-fest. DR: dios te pagara porque no tengo dinero. After certain people in SUVs failed to move to the right lane, and certain other people had to employ unusual passing strategies, I got left behind on the crest. After trying to catch up to said individuals on the freeway, I can see why DR purchased the steering dampener. All in all a good ride. Thanks again everyone.

sospelotudo screwed with this post 07-28-2009 at 10:10 AM
sospelotudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #8048
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

xymotic's rehab ride

this ride is xymo's first ride after his crash at cnf several weeks ago..

doctor's advice is "you can ride but you can't crash".....

8am meet up time, the morning was still cool, and glad to see rinconrider on the drz to join us...

i felt my rear brake is gone. the bolt that keeps the lever to the link is missing, and it was good xymo has the right size hardware to fix it...

little t was all ours; we didn't see a single motorized vehicle

at the scd trail head

though scd is no longer maintained, some pavement looks good still

nice new helmet and pressure suit...

wes has a new helmet and gear too....

xymotic before the power slide

rinconrider

xymotic

we laughed when wes asked "where are we?".................

i'm new and what do i know, i only have 2 gps on board.........

we're rolling.....

xymotic was happy it wasn't him...........
Old 07-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #8049
rinconrider
Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer: 351
ah yeah good to make it out this morning to give some new gear a ride. getting more dirt experience, still wary of the front in the sandy areas though... as you can see from joel's rr.

here is joel doing what joel does best (other than ride!)

xymotic pulling up... it was a great ride taken on a healing collarbone. i could tell he was tentative, usually he blows past me!

here at north fork (where are we?) the flies were so bad it was hard to see through them... xymo's big husky was rattling off all sorts of bolts so we did some quick zip-tying.

the red bikes

xymotic kicking up dust for me

i didn't get a snap of h8 since i couldn't get my camera out fast enough before he passed, then it took a bit to get the camera back in. i buzzed along to get caught up and JUST as i did i lost the front in the middle sand coming out of a turn. luckily by the time the boys came back for a picture i had dragged my bike out to bush i plowed into, so the pic isn't as bad as it should have been! i was tired though and appreciated the hand righting the drz, so i'll trade that for a pic of my sleeping bike.

we went to mill creek then and met up with everyone else that could not drag their sorry asses out of bed for an 8 o'clock start (am i the only one who has kids that get them up at 5?). i had to get back home so i bailed there and blasted down AFH and the crest, sad not to ride with everyone else that i haven't yet. i didn't even get to have a beer. next time!

wes

08 R1200R (mostly stock)
08 WR250R (all done)
rinconrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #8050
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Nice riding with you guys...it's been awhile. Good to see Joel, Noel, Ryan and nice to meet the guys I have't met before. Can't belive Xymotic is already riding on his recently broken collarbone...where's the toughguy icon?

Thanks for lunch DR

Yeah, we followed that tool in the SUV for miles...braked in EVERY corner and when we hit the passing lane could not read the "slower traffic keep right" sign. DR blasted by on the left and then he was straddling both lanes and moving back to the left lane so I went around on the right. Just about every other cage was considerate and pulled over and were given a friendly wave.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #8051
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
It sure was nice to be riding again.

It was weird to be on dirt again tho, I was definitely a bit chicken, and I think a lot of the terrain was HARDER going slower. But I did take it easy, I really didn't wanna crash and I REALLY didn't want to crash going fast.

Thanks to Joel for hooking me up with the sweet pressure suit

I just got home about 9:30pm.

I followed Joel from Newcombs, and all that free beer almost drowned me. So I pulled off at Lynx and emptied.

I guess Joel wasted a fair amount of time going back back looking for me

I got a flat on the "new" truck right at the the I5/110 interchange. I pulled off and there was a frikkin Dodger game.

Right then my Cell phone decided to take a nap.

Grrr so I unloaded the Husky and took off with no GPS looking for a auto store in Chinatown. Duh I thought, this ain't no bike, I don't have to "fix" it I just have to change the spare... so I went back. (I'm a slow thinker sometimes)

Hmm, the 'new' truck's PO took the Jack. JAckass.

I knew this of course so I had already equipped the truck with a Jack. I did not equip the truck with the OEM Ford Jack handle that you need to get the spare tire off though.

By now the phone had charged a little so back I went to find a Pep Boys. I returned with two cans of 'extreme' truck size fix-a-flat. Yeah, my ass!

With my Half-way full tire hissing like a bastard I took off in search of more air. Surprisingly, the whole Dodger stadium Elysian Park Area is remarkably devoid of such things.

Finally I spot an Arco, pull in and put my .75 in the machine, only when I go to fill up I see that some asshat has cut off the nozzle.

So back in the truck on the flat and I find another station. Fortunately I found another quarter on the floor.

Then I went to Costco where they told me,
a) They don't fix flats on tires they didn't sell.
b) Since I put F.A.F. in it couldn't be patched anyhow.
c) They'd be happy to sell me a tire but didn't have any that were correct for the weight of my truck
d) They also kindly informed me that ALL of my other tires were crap too.

They filled me up with air, so I could go to Pep Boys where I got new Tires, and I sprung for new shocks too. $1100 and 4 hours later I was back on the road! The long wait gave me time to buy some lock-tite for the hand guards that fell off (the other one fell off right at the 7-11)

So, the lesson is don't fuck with Joel cus he'll put a hex on your Kharma and that shit's fer real.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #8052
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,117
dude ,that sucks eggs.glad it ended well
Old 07-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #8053
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

sorry xymotic for your misfortunes.... , but oneday all your worries will be over... just kidding..

here were rushing to get to mill creek considering there are FFs waiting

FFs at mill creek

hey, there's oni and miketoon...

it's the only xchallenge in town with very low mileage...

miketoon on pacifico

this shade had served the adv community for a long time

dr on chilao

sospelotudo and another se...

a squidator in action...

hey, that's dunerat's initial....

xymotic found out ordering tacos from a non-mexican restaurant takes forever...

the ortega burger was very good...

it was a good saturday, the only thing messed me up is when i lost xymotic who was behind me. i ended up back tracking and looking for broken barrier and berm along the highway. thinking he might have gone back to newks to picked up something he left. so, i waited on the side of the crest in shade and waited...

then, went back again on upper big t and looked for disturbed dirt on the side of the road thinking xymotic... .. jumped off the road.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #8054
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Man, I really am sorry Joel. I owe you a (few)

Today I went for a quick Drive around Rancho Palos Verdes. I had no intention of riding dirt but I see all those trails up the hillside and I just can't help myself

I took a nice little side trail, But it soon came to a pretty steep gulch. Since I wasn't sure I could ride back up I went the other way but the trail came to a ridge and then kinda stopped at a clearing.

Off to the side the trail descended pretty steeply, and it looked like it made a turn, I decided I was too lazy to hike down it, cuz it was too steep to hike, but it didn't look as hard (or at least not as long) as the hill Javier took us on in DV, so I decided to try it.

When I went over the edge I immediately slid a good 15 feet with the rear locked, then as I had suspected the trail turned 90 degrees

Then stopped completely!

There's something about illegal Rich planned-community dirt trails I just can't resist.

Luckily the bush (tree) I hit (drove through) held the weight of the husky SO I didn't even crash

I'm starting to really love this bike it's SOOOO much easier than the Dakar to throw around.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #8055
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

xymotic............you're one loco moto dude...

you can ride but you can't crash.....