ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #8176
Mindfire
Zardoz

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname
Well that just means I'm bringing my own beer and I'm a dick. So after all of my posts nothing has changed

Social activism just doesn't pay.
I think I'm with you on that.

Tell you what......I'll bring beer too! Or just cash to buy some.....I like to travel light!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #8177
stewstew
Thumpin' out the curves!

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil
I feel a beer coming on...

Let's ride!
WHAT THE F#$K DO YOU MEAN BY THAT JOHN?!!! Trying to start more shit I see. What if someone here doesn't like beer huh? Did you think of THAT?! HUH? DID YA?

-------------------------------
I wonder where that road goes?
stewstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #8178
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfire
I think I'm with you on that.

Tell you what......I'll bring beer too! Or just cash to buy some.....I like to travel light!!!!
be warned...if you buy rob a drink, you have to do the same for dunerat and luv2race......they are the only reason, beer companies are in business......
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #8179
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
be warned...if you buy rob a drink, you have to do the same for dunerat and luv2race......they are the only reason, beer companies are in business......

I made sure Corona and Newcastle stock went up this weekend
Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #8180
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
All this talk about beer... I'm get'in thirsty
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #8181
Off Limits
Thread killer

Oddometer: 3,372
did i hijack by saying im going to angeles crest? i was going to go anyways just because ive never been up there. and i had to work at 6pm so i wasnt down for a 200 mile'r lie the guys who went to the rock inn. it was fun though and i learned a lot about my bike offroad, and how far i could lean it onroad :)
Old 08-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #8182
Mindfire
Zardoz

Oddometer: 89
Ride this weekend????

I want to be counted in if anyone wants to ride this up coming weekend. I'm pretty much down for anything.

I know Ive mentioned this before but I know some really cool rides (big loops) here in Frazier Park....and I'm not even talking about Hungry Valley.....although I do know two trails that go up Frazier Mountain....both single track one is really really hard the other I did on my 950.

But since I'm a nOOb I'll go where ever, I just want to ride with like minded dual sport adventure riders.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #8183
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seano.
did i hijack by saying im going to angeles crest? i was going to go anyways just because ive never been up there. and i had to work at 6pm so i wasnt down for a 200 mile'r lie the guys who went to the rock inn. it was fun though and i learned a lot about my bike offroad, and how far i could lean it onroad :)
if you posted with an intention to invite others, disuade them from going to the ride, and cause someone or others to change their plan, then that is hijacking.

glad you had a good ride and you did the right thing, get familiar with your bike.

if you have knobs, here's my basis. i haven't used up the outer half rubber of the outside knobs. others had, but that puts them on the danger zone....

the truth, there's no exact answer to your question. leaning is relative to traction. and traction depends on your tire compound and thread design, tire pressure, bike weight, road condition and camber, speed, body positioning, and many more. i hope our local mulholland rider and canyoneer (nowwhat) can chime in.

NSFW screwed with this post 08-03-2009 at 10:39 PM
Old 08-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #8184
Off Limits
Thread killer

Oddometer: 3,372
want to be counted in if anyone wants to ride this up coming weekend. I'm pretty much down for anything.

I know Ive mentioned this before but I know some really cool rides (big loops) here in Frazier Park....and I'm not even talking about Hungry Valley.....although I do know two trails that go up Frazier Mountain....both single track one is really really hard the other I did on my 950.

But since I'm a nOOb I'll go where ever, I just want to ride with like minded dual sport adventure riders.__________________

ive ridden from hungry valley to fraizer/lake o the woods many times. on my wr and cr500. although i have a wedding to go to on saturday, no riding for me. gonna be ordering my windsheild and my rack this thursday for the dr.

gonna have to start saving up for the suspension.............
Old 08-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #8185
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
want to be counted in if anyone wants to ride this up coming weekend. I'm pretty much down for anything.

But since I'm a nOOb I'll go where ever, I just want to ride with like minded dual sport adventure riders.__________________

ive ridden from hungry valley to fraizer/lake o the woods many times. on my wr and cr500. although i have a wedding to go to on saturday, no riding for me. gonna be ordering my windsheild and my rack this thursday for the dr.

gonna have to start saving up for the suspension.............

seano, a frazier park ride will be a fresh breath to our rides. i want to do that one, unfortunately i have an outstanding commitment this coming weekend. then on the 15th, we have the "the ride to bear arms". this ride can be an easy ride if you start from mill creek, but for the more experienced riders, it will be at the lynx trail head.

this past weekend, we talked about doing another gorman camp/ride when the weather becomes bearable. not a bad idea to incorporate a frazier park loop in the ride.

there's always a chance someone can lead a ride this coming sat. keep your eyes open for the next several days.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #8186
bourkeco
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 631
Yes you f...ed up...

everything do not ever post here again un less you are bringing BEER for all...

Quote:

I realized after 29 years of riding/racing that as much as I love motorcycles I had only tolerated ridding the bikes that I have owned. , untill I bought my GS now I have a hard time getting off the ramp to go to work.
- Me!
bourkeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #8187
bourkeco
Studly Adventurer

H8 whats the...

Ride to bear arms?? I want to go... How are you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
seano, a frazier park ride will be a fresh breath to our rides. i want to do that one, unfortunately i have an outstanding commitment this coming weekend. then on the 15th, we have the "the ride to bear arms". this ride can be an easy ride if you start from mill creek, but for the more experienced riders, it will be at the lynx trail head.

this past weekend, we talked about doing another gorman camp/ride when the weather becomes bearable. not a bad idea to incorporate a frazier park loop in the ride.

there's always a chance someone can lead a ride this coming sat. keep your eyes open for the next several days.

I realized after 29 years of riding/racing that as much as I love motorcycles I had only tolerated ridding the bikes that I have owned. , untill I bought my GS now I have a hard time getting off the ramp to go to work.
- Me!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #8188
sospelotudo
motochorro

Oddometer: 105
Music tastes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourkeco
I prefer I am the resurection ...
By the Stone Roses???
Old 08-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #8189
bourkeco
Studly Adventurer

No I think it was by God...??? JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sospelotudo
By the Stone Roses???

- Me!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #8190
sospelotudo
motochorro

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourkeco
No I think it was by God...??? JK
I guess it was wishful thinking...I knew it was in reply to the Kumbaya post, but the Stone Roses is one of my favorite bands.

Stewstew: I see your avatar has had the turn signal recall, but has your bike?

sospelotudo screwed with this post 08-03-2009 at 11:13 PM
sospelotudo is offline   Reply With Quote