ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #826
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taquito
Yah I made it home. I felt fine after 2 hours, like I should have continued the ride rather than bailing early; but that might just be the advil talkin.

Thanks Bill for pulling me out of the bee-filled bushes. Thanks Joel for the first aid supplies. Off to Rite Aid to buy more neosporin and bandages...

Sorry John you had a bad day, but the good news is that you are now officially accepted to the LA Weekend Ride for 2 reasons.

1. You CRASHED earlier than I did today
2. You're just as SLOW as I am......................

I think you'll be ok, no broken bones., just bruises and pulled muscles.

My very first ride was at Tule Ridge and I had the same experience, and I didn't get any pics..

Taquito is built solid same as the bike

Be proud, you took that boulder like a man... Mr Punk was laughing at the background and thinking you're a big baby..........

Go to Bert's (Official ADV Store) and get replacement turn signal........while you're there get a few more for future rides!

Maybe not.....duct tape's claim to fame is it can withstand 90 mph of wind ..............just pick up some yellow krylon at Home Depot.

No pun intended, just trying to humour John in case the Advil doesn't work

John..aka Taquito, heal quick and let's ride again. Accident is bound to happen to all new and old riders. We all went through this, and I'm not through yet.

So, take care...till next time.

We had 11 riders today, and most of us had a good ride, 2 other guys had their misfortunes. Sad to say it wasn't a perfect day for all....

More pics and report coming..

Joel

NSFW screwed with this post 07-12-2008 at 06:11 PM
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #827
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,313
Thumb

Nice ride today dudes sorry bout your taco taquito off to Q with some of the surviving FFs liked the pace today, thanks Nowwhat for the motard, ihave no more questions about how far u can push a 908!!good to meet trid ,T&A thumper(had to )and Taquito .as allways billy rob marty bruce mark and......mmmmm...aaa...o yea joel(guess ill never see the pic now )Thanx for a great ride .Look forward to the report!!

dunerat screwed with this post 07-12-2008 at 06:17 PM
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #828
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,313
ONI check your PM
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:07 PM   #829
fmfpunk
Hooligan in training

Oddometer: 1,170
Felt good to take a shower. Those damn 950 make a lot of dust!

C'mon Joel! I've been home for a 1/2 hour and no pix. WTF?!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #830
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Glad to hear you're feeling better Taquito. There were more spills after you left us.

Joel took a digger...and whipped out the camera to document it before he picked up his bike.

Nice to meet the rest of you FF's I haven't ridden with before. Just as we were about to head for home, Nowhat tells us about a front flat he had last ride and how he almost ate $hit on the freeway trying to slow to a stop.

Not 15 minutes later...instant replay.
Attached Images

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #831
Oni
Ronin

Dunerat promised me $20 to post this:

Sweet 950SE air. Still has paper plates and his rear tire is officially toast.

He says he's in training for a Baja ride. I think his training consists of switching to Modelo and Dos Equis and yelling "Orale vato's" (Hmmmm...I wonder what's in his tail bag?)

Not sure why...but after lunch some of the guys sure rode smoother and faster. I should have had one as I sucked a lot of dust after lunch.
Attached Images

Oni screwed with this post 07-12-2008 at 07:59 PM
Old 07-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #832
Oni
Ronin

Conga line
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #833
Oni
Ronin

Everyone is going to have some nice nose boulders tonight...the dust was pretty thick. Took a shower and blew some mud out of my nose.
Attached Images

Oni screwed with this post 07-12-2008 at 07:44 PM
Old 07-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #834
Oni
Ronin

Can't tell from this pic...but Bruce (Lepermessiah) is just about to G out in a rut. I hear, "whoompf" as his bike bottoms followed by an "Owwww" from Bruce.
Attached Images

Oni screwed with this post 07-12-2008 at 07:39 PM
Old 07-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #835
Oni
Ronin

Alright Joel...get to work on the ride report!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #836
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
Nowhat tells us about a front flat he had last ride and how he almost ate $hit on the freeway trying to slow to a stop.

Not 15 minutes later...instant replay.
You believe this crapola....sheeeeshhh....last time I rode this fricken road...pooow...front tire blow out 8 miles from home....this time...58 miles from home....It is a poor excuse of a fisherman that blames his gear...but....F these TKCs...I hit a hidden rock in the sand..it caused the face of my helmet to wack my GPS on the bars and sent me into the bushes...but 20 minutes later I aired the tire up to street pressure and off I went....on the 5 freeway at 75ish I felt an ever too familiar weave in the front....got into the slow lane and the tire gave way....the rubber on the tire was too hot to touch from the friction....

Called AAA from the side of the road and ordered a new front Dunlop 606 to replace the TKC while waiting for the truck....AAA showed up and hauled me home in air conditioned comfort for the price of....Free....well almost tipped the driver....but what a great deal AAA is....

Thanks to all the FF's who stopped to check on me....great meeting you guys...Billy, Noel and Marty are great speed coaches as these boys can fly....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #837
Oni
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Billy, Noel and Marty are great speed coaches as these boys can fly....
Yeah...no doubt. Everytime I heard the rumble of a 950 behind me I waved 'em by...hate to slow people down.

Waved Noel by and a short bit later he decided to pass Bruce on a short straight. All I saw was a fishtailing 950...and then the road and Bruce disappeared in a mushroom cloud of dust. 100HP on a dirt road...sheesh.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #838
bouncing billy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
fun ride

Great ride today. Sawmill is worth the long street ride toand riding with the quick wits was worth the dust eating .Glad taquito is ok,was puntedby his drz and decides to caress a nice sized boulder just before landing in a bee infested lavender bush.All the orange boys hauling the mail ,and the reddogs even the one thats running lean or rich or doesn't want to rev out were going great.Glad to meet everyone and time for some night googles.Rob to bad you had to go early,but wifey is happy.Thanks joel great group ride.
bouncing billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #839
fmfpunk
Hooligan in training

Oddometer: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
Conga line
What's the deal w/ that red bike ahead of the orange bikes? That's just not right!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #840
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmfpunk
What's the deal w/ that red bike ahead of the orange bikes? That's just not right!
the next pic in the sequence shows the problem resloved....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote