ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #8596
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat

Yet another reason for everyone to seriously consider getting quality gear! Dave walked away (well mostly) from this one with his foot injured, but I'll bet he attests that the boot saved his foot from some even more serious damage!

BUY GOOD GEAR EVERYONE!!!

hey bagstr if you're listening, i hope you heal quickly in time for the the biggest los angeles rehab ride.....

i noticed too that he's on a 690e (what happened to the 950?), dang, a bunch of girlie riders....

+1 on what mike said...get a good pair of mx boots. i have the sidi disco, very comfy but it didn't save my left ankle from getting pinched. so the next day, bought a better design boots. it's stiff and feel akward, but tonight i walked around the block in it, dark enough no one saw me looking stupid... and i will continue breaking them for the next several nights... maybe i'll put on my acerbis pressure suit, knee brace and xd helmet to do a pre-halloween trick and trick.....

hey eric...i see you have a big belly, very nice....how many gallons?
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #8597
Yzlvr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 845
3.7gal Joel. Around 200mi range.
Yzlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #8598
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
hey bagstr if you're listening, i hope you heal quickly in time for the the biggest los angeles rehab ride.....

i noticed too that he's on a 690e (what happened to the 950?), dang, a bunch of girlie riders....

+1 on what mike said...get a good pair of mx boots. i have the sidi disco, very comfy but it didn't save my left ankle from getting pinched. so the next day, bought a better design boots. it's stiff and feel akward, but tonight i walked around the block in it, dark enough no one saw me looking stupid... and i will continue breaking them for the next several nights... maybe i'll put on my acerbis pressure suit, knee brace and xd helmet to do a pre-halloween trick and trick.....

hey eric...i see you have a big belly, very nice....how many gallons?
For brake in new boots ,fill the bathtub with hot water ,put the boots in and sumerge theme to the point you cannot stand theme anymore because to hot and go for a walk ,3-4 times and the new boots fit and fill nice

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #8599
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Javi...

Is your place near Sageland or Claraville?
next to Claraville,7 miles from sageland

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
Old 08-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #8600
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzlvr
3.7gal Joel. Around 200mi range.
what!..... 54 miles per gallon!..

not the way you ride it...oh i see it's all downhill.....
Old 08-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #8601
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
For brake in new boots ,fill the bathtub with hot water ,put the boots in and sumerge theme to the point you cannot stand theme anymore because to hot and go for a walk ,3-4 times and the new boots fit and fill nice

good idea, but i don't want to slip in the bathtub and taken to the emergency ward with my boots on.....bwahahaha

here's what i'll do, i'll spray the outside with hot water and put them in the sun. spray some more and leave it in the sun until it's warm. maybe use a hair dryer to speed up the heating process. once the boots are almost too hot to touch, will put them on, then i'll walk around the block several times in broad daylight.....
Old 08-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #8602
mike toon
AKA Mr Pastrami

Oddometer: 183
They make leather softeners but the main ingredient is alcohol. Use 70% rubbing alcohol. You can wrap a saturated rag around the area to soften and/or shove a rag inside. Stick the boots in a plastic bag overnight. Put them on in the morning and they will stretch/soften/dry in the right places.

mike toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:26 PM   #8603
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike toon
They make leather softeners but the main ingredient is alcohol. Use 70% rubbing alcohol. You can wrap a saturated rag around the area to soften and/or shove a rag inside. Stick the boots in a plastic bag overnight. Put them on in the morning and they will stretch/soften/dry in the right places.

thanks mt, easy enough for me, but definitely will not work for dunerat, luv2race, cribaby and rob cuz they will not let that alcohol go to waste......
Old 08-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #8604
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,367
I have a motion pro 24 MM aluminum axle wrench/ tire lever WITH the socket adapter that I no longer need. (It was for the BMW and doesn't fit the Husky) I was going to list in the classifieds but if any of you FF's want it I thought I'd give you first dibs. Asking $25 Shipped.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #8605
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
I have a motion pro 24 MM aluminum axle wrench/ tire lever WITH the socket adapter that I no longer need. (It was for the BMW and doesn't fit the Husky) I was going to list in the classifieds but if any of you FF's want it I thought I'd give you first dibs. Asking $25 Shipped.
I might be intersted... Sold
Old 08-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #8606
cribaby
Dirt/Street? No Wait Dirt

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
+1 on tt's method, the hot water softens the leather and heats the plastic, when they cool and dry it re-forms to your foots shapes

cribaby screwed with this post 08-27-2009 at 02:09 PM
cribaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #8607
cribaby

Quote:
Also fits xr400 rear axle nut.

Don't need it, just adding info to help sell
Old 08-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #8608
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
good idea, but i don't want to slip in the bathtub and taken to the emergency ward with my boots on.....bwahahaha

here's what i'll do, i'll spray the outside with hot water and put them in the sun. spray some more and leave it in the sun until it's warm. maybe use a hair dryer to speed up the heating process. once the boots are almost too hot to touch, will put them on, then i'll walk around the block several times in broad daylight.....
The idea is the boot has to be hoot and wet for work

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
Old 08-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #8609
JAB
Unsprung Weight

Oddometer: 1,238
Quote:
2nd dibs.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #8610
cribaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sito
I have been thinking about going to Pioneer town again. The plan above is very ambitious. We tried this from siliverwood exist & the 15fwy and it took all day and only a few followed the route back! we left a 8:30 and got back to my truck at 8:pm Is that 300 miles round trip? in dirt at an average of 40mph and no stops = 7.5 hrs fuck it I'm in

I was thinking about do a ride one of the days next weekend (labor day weekend) but the temps have me a little scared. (it's f-ing hot today) Maybe we should try a Late night ride up in that area? Start at like 10/11:pm ride up the front side up to Big bear for(7:am) breakfast down to Arrowhead jump in the lake? head for home around 10: 11 am?
any interest?
Sito +1 on a labor day weekend for me, it will be my 1st ride since the crash and a great re-hab opp also.

I posted up early but with no resposes.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10712401&postcount=8580

I'm willing to modify my plan in order to ride that weekend

Let me know

Sat, Sept 5th works best for me.