ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #9196
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ben99r1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Pomona, Calif.
Oddometer: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
summers over sand season starting soon ,sand sports show this weekend. my boy loves it too
HEY. I have that helmet. Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:53 PM   #9197
rinconrider
Sir Crash-a-lot
 
rinconrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Pasadena, CA (Long Lost Canadian)
Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
hi wes, ride the bmw 650, that will make the slabbing more comfy....
don't get me wrong, i've ridden the DRZ to death valley, JT and santa maria... but that was more adv travelling with a tent and gear, when i had time. time is the main problem now with kid obligations. it really sucks im actually quite depressed about this whole thing.

ANF was my way to live in l.a. and stay sane. so... i guess i'll be getting a little more insane... maybe i'll be matching some of you by next year.

i rode the F650 on the rincon shortcut (truck trail) right before it was closed. i did fine but that was the last time i took it on dirt and i really didn't have a lot of fun. i'd at least need tkc80s and i have anakees on right now.

it's not even a dakar! small front wheel. i know its the bike not the rider - i'm just a shit dirt rider!

guess i will have to make my way down to CNF soon but can't this w/end.

wes
__________________

08 R1200R (mostly stock)
08 WR250R (all done)
rinconrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #9198
Off Limits
Thread killer
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,477
agree'd on the sand season. whole reason im up here is to get my rhino home to do a service to it and get ready for glamis. btw i'll be in glamis for halloween.
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #9199
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconrider

guess i will have to make my way down to CNF soon but can't this w/end.

wes
Doghouse a I are going to ride CNF on wensday if your free your welcome to come along.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...466643&page=10
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #9200
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
summers over sand season starting soon ,sand sports show this weekend. my boy loves it too
I need to get a paddle tire, I'm dieing get out on some dunes
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #9201
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,934
Jamin, what happned to your photobucket?
all the pics are gone.
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #9202
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ben99r1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Pomona, Calif.
Oddometer: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis
I need to get a paddle tire, I'm dieing get out on some dunes
Are you planing to put the paddle on the xr650l? Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #9203
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconrider
don't get me wrong, i've ridden the DRZ to death valley, JT and santa maria... but that was more adv travelling with a tent and gear, when i had time. time is the main problem now with kid obligations. it really sucks im actually quite depressed about this whole thing.

ANF was my way to live in l.a. and stay sane. so... i guess i'll be getting a little more insane... maybe i'll be matching some of you by next year.

i rode the F650 on the rincon shortcut (truck trail) right before it was closed. i did fine but that was the last time i took it on dirt and i really didn't have a lot of fun. i'd at least need tkc80s and i have anakees on right now.

it's not even a dakar! small front wheel. i know its the bike not the rider - i'm just a shit dirt rider!

guess i will have to make my way down to CNF soon but can't this w/end.



wes
gear the 400 right and you'll be ok. some even carry a smaller front sprocket and swap before riding dirt. may not be practical for a day ride.

lake elizabeth, big bear, and cnf (in that order) are our closest ride. once rowher is open, that will add more good dirt to lake elizabeth, and it can be extended to gorman. i'll look for my rowher route and email it to you.

NSFW screwed with this post 09-19-2009 at 04:22 PM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #9204
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Ben, yeah on the xrl, I only have 2 bikes (unlike Mr. H8) the xrl and a 76 RD400 that isn't running yet and clubman bars suck for sand

RAZR, I guess it was linked to much and ran out of bandwidth I'll see what I can do to fix it.
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #9205
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ben99r1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Pomona, Calif.
Oddometer: 3,007
Jamin. I rode a dr650 without a paddle in the sand. I think even with a paddle it mite be hard. I am not sure you will be able to do comp or olds hill. But I think it will be ok for sand highway and getting to olds hill. Take alot of picks ill like to see the Xrl in the dunes. I have a cr250 for the dunes and single track. Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #9206
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1
Jamin. I rode a dr650 without a paddle in the sand. I think even with a paddle it mite be hard. I am not sure you will be able to do comp or olds hill. But I think it will be ok for sand highway and getting to olds hill. Take alot of picks ill like to see the Xrl in the dunes. I have a cr250 for the dunes and single track. Ben

here m1jeep on a dr650 with knobs.....


&nbsp
&nbsp
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #9207
bongodave
Join my cult!
 
bongodave's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Fabulous Eerie, Indiana!
Oddometer: 40,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
Hey Dave , been a while
I broke my leg! Looks like another 2-3 months, now. It's been a lame summer.
__________________
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing more than anarchy by the rich. -R-1150-RS
Corporatism walking hand in hand with patriotism .... just as deadly as religion. - Icewalker
"Look, folks, at the end of the day, we are monkeys with nuclear weapons." - Lee Camp
bongodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #9208
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodave
I broke my leg! Looks like another 2-3 months, now. It's been a lame summer.
if that XR needs a little love, I can take her for a spin!!!
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #9209
luv2race
Confused
 
luv2race's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: OC
Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1
Jamin. I rode a dr650 without a paddle in the sand. I think even with a paddle it mite be hard. I am not sure you will be able to do comp or olds hill. But I think it will be ok for sand highway and getting to olds hill. Take alot of picks ill like to see the Xrl in the dunes. I have a cr250 for the dunes and single track. Ben
This is RAZR at Big Dune, and it must be a 30 to 40 degree angle! Revved the shit out of the strokers climbin this dune with knobs!
__________________
John
luv2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #9210
rinconrider
Sir Crash-a-lot
 
rinconrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Pasadena, CA (Long Lost Canadian)
Oddometer: 363
well i actually did do CNF for the first time today - i just ran out of gas on the 57 fwy gettin there so i missed meeting any of the FFers!

next time.

here's my post on the CNF thread.

jamin i cant make it down on wed

maybe next weekend?

wes
__________________

08 R1200R (mostly stock)
08 WR250R (all done)
rinconrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014