ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2008, 11:44 PM   #946
bouncing billy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
I fessed up.eatshiteyetous

I fessed up now its time to spill itI was witness to many bails so come clean so I dont have to use my overactive imgination,Joel Kena Not mybikemodelname x2 t barstow x3 and a few more,wish Riceless was there he would of been proud
bouncing billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:49 AM   #947
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,235
Bluhduh

Yes ,it was operator error,it seems the run switch is child proof.an inadvertant flick o de bic(the switch)was all it took to foil me im am a living testament that a single cell organism can live out side the sulfer ponds thanks to massive doses of alcohide Dam its 4 am again....oooops

dunerat screwed with this post 01-12-2009 at 10:05 AM
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:27 AM   #948
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
Yes ,it was operator error,it seems the run switch is child proof.an inadvertant flick o de bic(the switch)was all it took to foil me im am a living testament that a single cell organism can live out side the sulfer ponds thanks to massive doses of alcohide Dam its 4 am again....oooops
Thats hysterical!!!
Only because I have done the same thing.

glad you guys had a great time!!!

Artboy and I went out yesterday for a half day run and had a great time but we had to use the sunlight.
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:32 AM   #949
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncing billy
I fessed up now its time to spill itI was witness to many bails so come clean so I dont have to use my overactive imgination,Joel Kena Not mybikemodelname x2 t barstow x3 and a few more,wish Riceless was there he would of been proud
Do I have to admit it? No problem. The first time, I was riding along minding my own business when all of the sudden a rock the size of a bowling ball fell off the side of the hill right in front of my bike. I have no idea how that happened because there was absolutely no other rock on the trail...anywhere. It had to have fallen, there's no way that I could've just ran into it...right?.

The second was pure stupidity. I thought I saw a putty-tat . Actually my bike was tired and needed to lay down. Actually, my head was up my ass and I hit a rut. Truly.......I just ran off the road. You choose which one looked right at the time.

Billy, I'm glad I was about 5 feet off your tail when you went into the weeds. Because it was such a flawless execution of how to enter 6 foot tall bushes at speed that I just thought you were doing a high speed stop to offload some of that beer we'd been drinking
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:53 AM   #950
riceless950
Let's Ride!

Oddometer: 3,231
Quote:
Looks like I missed a great time. Also I just want to say, in 25,000 miles my bike has failed to start three times. All three times were because of that little red rocker. A couple of weeks ago it died at about 85mph cause I bumped the switch with my elbow... don't ask.
riceless950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #951
dunerat
WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceless950
Looks like I missed a great time. Also I just want to say, in 25,000 miles my bike has failed to start three times. All three times were because of that little red rocker. A couple of weeks ago it died at about 85mph cause I bumped the switch with my elbow... don't ask.
I hear ya brother,at least i know where every f...in fuse is now
Old 07-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #952
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,933
Lost all my pics???????

Smugmug seems having some problem....noticed it last night, the emoticons were jittery.

I'll post the rest of the pics later then.

Brent, we thought of you that night.....the ride is a classic ooops and ouch! We will plan it again with plenty of time to make other riders come up with no silly excuses.

A regular digital camera will not capture the actions...it got to be some high end camera with a strobe flash enough to blind the rider temporarily and set him or her up for a better photo op.

Dunert quote[Yes ,it was operator error,it seems the run switch is child proof.an inadvertant flick o de bic(the switch)was all it took to foil me im am a living testament that a single cell organism can live out side the sulfer ponds thanks to massive doses of alcohide Dam its 4 am again]

Noel...that's funny and I heard that single cell orgasm undergoes sex transformation during the hibernation stage....I hope you don't stop riding otherwise we will see a pink 950SE next time.

......and good thing I didn't bring my craftsman tool set, or else we would have taken that SE apart.

Turin and Chris......did you guys see a lot of tire tracks leading to the bushes and off the trails? Mine is the one heading towards the hill side.

NSFW screwed with this post 07-20-2008 at 01:17 PM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:21 PM   #953
dunerat
WTF?

I prefer mauve,but pink does makes my @ss look smaller.+1 on the no silly excusses,lifes too short.in the emortal word of capt. riceless LETS RIDE!! Hey anyone having problems with the server today or is it my PC??Multi media no vale (no worky)NO theres not a f*cking red switch on my computer you FFs
Old 07-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #954
Artboy57
Slave to THE MOUSE

Oddometer: 690
I DID see some tracks heading for the edge..oh, wait, those are MINE! Turin got a good view of me eating it for no particular reason, (no rocks,etc) just a little too much throttle. Oh, and my foot was stuck under that stupid Pelican trunk.Sorry, no pics!
Artboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #955
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,547
Well Joel this is the last Saturday before WMRS.....

I just put a new 606 on the front...f those TKCs....Where are we riding?.....

hmmmmm?.....where.....????

Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #956
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,933
Less than 2 weeks to go for WMRS....

Nowwhat, maybe I'll pass this coming weekend. Have to get the GS12 ready, need valve adjustment, TKCs, install jug protection, etc...and other minor maintenance issues, fit all the camping equipment, yadayadayada...

I need to rest my old weary bone that been beaten up in the last many weeks.

Most likely, I will do a local mellow dirt run.

Dunerat, the brand new rear 908 is in the garage. Let me know when you want to pick it up or do the install and balancing here at my place. I can use the practice as well as learn your 6-minute tire change per Oni, maybe let's call the Mythbuster team and prove once for all this is no farce !
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #957
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
Less than 2 weeks to go for WMRS....

Nowwhat, maybe I'll pass this coming weekend. Have to get the GS12 ready, need valve adjustment, TKCs, install jug protection, etc...and other minor maintenance issues, fit all the camping equipment, yadayadayada...

I need to rest my old weary bone that been beaten up in the last many weeks.

Most likely, I will do a local mellow dirt run.

Dunerat, the brand new rear 908 is in the garage. Let me know when you want to pick it up or do the install and balancing here at my place. I can use the practice as well as learn your 6-minute tire change per Oni, maybe let's call the Mythbuster team and prove once for all this is no farce !
Well.....then....hmmmmm

I am going to ride Lynx, Mt Gleason and Pacifico to Newcombs....gotta see if this 606 can keep me from blowing out front tires...

Who's riding?.....

Noel?....let's scrub in that new 908....
Old 07-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #958
dunerat
WTF?

Wink

Lab conditons and proper motivation i do have to say the wheel already off the bike rubber only no tire lock on bruces BRP, total install 17 min. with 2 beers .sorry to burst your bubble Must read fine print, after all this is california other states may vary .i will stop watch the next one and document.PS and watch what i tell Oni Joel pm me with ur no. brudda , so we can hook up for the knob. Nowwhat sound like a plan 98%in
Old 07-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #959
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
watch what i tell Oni
I was just impressed...cause my 30 minute...tire off the bike tire change ain't pretty. Involves some sweat, a fair selection of foul language and a smashed finger or two.

When ya guys riding? Since I missed the night ride....
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #960
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
I was just impressed...cause my 30 minute...tire off the bike tire change ain't pretty. Involves some sweat, a fair selection of foul language and a smashed finger or two.

When ya guys riding? Since I missed the night ride....
Saturday Morning...