ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2008, 09:49 PM   #1021
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
.........that depends on if your having any?
,no need one before 10:30 and at that point you guys said will be having breakfast
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #1022
lepermasiah
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
...or drinking breakfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
,no need one before 10:30 and at that point you guys said will be having breakfast
lepermasiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #1023
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
ok the last 2 pics were Death Valley but I just wanted to get everyone excited....
Yeah, I was gonna say.........Mengel's and Goler
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:12 PM   #1024
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race
Hey Joel, I just put new springs in front and back, so the bike doesn't sink like the pic, and it rides much higher. My fat A$$ didn't help either . See you at WMRS!
Now we need anothe wheelie picture and possibly a stoppie to see if you have the correct springs................
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #1025
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
Now we need anothe wheelie picture and possibly a stoppie to see if you have the correct springs................
I'll go vertical for you, but have the camera ready for the riceless victims thread
Old 07-23-2008, 02:32 AM   #1026
Jaynen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
So just looking around in Mapsource, when you come down to the Angeles Crest Highway after going over the Mt Gleason rd part of the trip do you cross the road over onto Pacifico Mountain road and take that over to where it continues as Santa Clara Divide and drops you on the 2 just above Newcomb Ranch?

Which part of this route are the trails you guys are talking about? Lynx and whatnot.
Jaynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #1027
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

From the junction of AFH and Upper Big T, go south on Big T towards the Crest, look for a trail to your left, that's the bottom of Lynx and that will connect you to Pacifico 3N17, there are also some off shoots that will take you to Monte Cristo and near Hidden Springs from Lynx.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #1028
Jaynen
Studly Adventurer

I think in Topo 2008 it just labels that "Pacifico Mountain Rd" Pretty cool all the different places you can go up there.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #1029
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,311
TOPO 08 labels linx gultch but only at bg t then jest numbers which is a good thing
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:38 PM   #1030
Jaynen
Studly Adventurer

I've got the wrong place I am looking at then. Mt Gleason Rd/SCD comes down to the AFH then practically across the street I see Mill Creek Summit Picnic area and Pacifico Mountain road which goes up and connects to SCD again going over to the 2 above Newcombs ranch, but I am not seeing Linx gulch in that area so I am probably way off.

Ah must be just weirdly labeled as I see the 3n17, then Pacifico Mountain Road listed as 4n18, but the 3n17 only shows in City Nav not in Topo 08 for me
Old 07-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #1031
dunerat
WTF?

h8chains is rite on the money with his fix,but thanx been wanting to use that smilie PS you need to turn off city navigator to see
Old 07-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #1032
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynen
I've got the wrong place I am looking at then. Mt Gleason Rd/SCD comes down to the AFH then practically across the street I see Mill Creek Summit Picnic area and Pacifico Mountain road which goes up and connects to SCD again going over to the 2 above Newcombs ranch, but I am not seeing Linx gulch in that area so I am probably way off.

Ah must be just weirdly labeled as I see the 3n17, then Pacifico Mountain Road listed as 4n18, but the 3n17 only shows in City Nav not in Topo 08 for me
You have the right place...we will ride the Mt Gleason/SCD road starting off Aliso Cyn..we will ride that south and cross the street just as you say....300yards East of that intersection is the very north end of Lynx......sooo...

We take lynx from the South End off Upper BT...also known as Nine Mile road....at the top we pass the picnic area...grab AFH to Aliso to the bottom of Gleason...take that up and back to the picinic area....then across Pacifico to Newcombs........see easy.....
Nowwhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:25 PM   #1033
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynen

My mapsource does not show Lynx connected to Pacifico, it is from Big T to AFH.

Neither Pacifico to Angeles Crest. Portion of the 3N17 shows above Newcombs and Chilao, but there's a big gap between Pacifico and the Crest.

Hope that helps.

TOPO.....how come I don't have that, damn $200 Garmin 2610......
Old 07-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #1034
Jaynen
Studly Adventurer

I finally see Lynx it was farther south than what I was looking :)
Old 07-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #1035
dunerat
WTF?

Laugh