ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #1081
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
sopascat, we can organize a nOOb ride so we can get all the newbs to enjoy a day in the dirt and invite the advanced riders to share some of their skills.

basically, a one on one teaching lesson. every advanced rider take a noob.
i'm pretty sure there will be many of our guys willing to volunteer and help our cause and have some fun too.
That is a good idea ,i can supply with a new shop in a month or so and do a ride like that in the morning ,barbecue and do a class abouth chassis set up ,that be cool
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #1082
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,239
Let me recruit several of our riders and will post a date for the tech day and the rides. I also have a few instructional videos we can all watch.

Barbeque is great, I can bring the soda and beer.

Oni good job on the pics.....and glad to hear Artboy rode too.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #1083
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Javier

That sounds pretty cool. I could use some tips...riding and chassis set up.

Are you setting up a shop for home use...or a suspension shop for a business? If you're starting a new business, we have a good group of local FF's to spread the word. I could probably use some help setting up a pair of Marzocchi Shivers. Probably swap springs. Not having worked on modern suspension stuff, I don't know if it's as simple as with old style forks.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #1084
Artboy57
Slave to THE MOUSE

Oddometer: 690
Joel git yer arse out there so I'm not the ONLY slow guy! If a couple of the faster FFs would be willing to give pointers to noobs (and us seemingly permanent noobs!) perhaps payment in lunch and beers for the pros could be worked out?
Artboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #1085
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,309
Quote:
Let me recruit several of our riders and will post a date for the tech day and the rides. I also have a few instructional videos we can all watch.

Barbeque is great, I can bring the soda and beer.

Oni good job on the pics.....and glad to hear Artboy rode too.
I'd love to join in!!! We'll see how it all schedules up!
Maybe I could teach something, maybe I could learn something.

Joel let me know if / how I can help!
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #1086
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Grinder, I noticed you have a new addition, looks lke the less you ride, there are more bikes you have to ride......

What's happening with Artboy, did someone piss him off? Artboy, Nowwhat, Sito and I used to ride almost everyweekend, regardless of the weather, for 6 months in a row....

Can you believe this, the BMW dealers I called don't carry the rocker arm bolts to replace the broken and strained (over torqued) pieces?

Good thing there is a metric fastener store here in Burbank. This place has metrics and all. Bike should be road ready by this afternoon.

Nowwhat and Dunerat.............socal is anxiously waiting for your pics and reports

Yes in deed!! i have a friend who e-mails me craigslist adds all over the west coast for motorcycles and motor homes. I used to find it amusing now I find it Very dangerous!! The 01' GS is the latest addition, but now that I have 9 bikes in my garage something is going to have to go!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 02:15 PM   #1087
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,720
We have a big part of the crew for next weekend ....WMRS.... ....see you boys in 5 days.....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #1088
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artboy57
Joel git yer arse out there so I'm not the ONLY slow guy! If a couple of the faster FFs would be willing to give pointers to noobs (and us seemingly permanent noobs!) perhaps payment in lunch and beers for the pros could be worked out?
You're slow and don't take pictures.....what good are you?

A training ride will make a big difference for many of us. If we can get 2 sessions before the end of the year that will be great. We have enough good riders and we can motivate them with lots of beer......
Old 07-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #1089
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Quote:
You're slow and don't take pictures.....what good are you?

A training ride will make a big difference for many of us. If we can get 2 sessions before the end of the year that will be great. We have enough good riders and we can motivate them with lots of beer......
Joel you don't need a traing ride....you just need to:

1) STAND UP
2) STAND UP
3) STAND UP
4) STAND UP
5) 10% MORE THROTTLE

DONE...
Old 07-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #1090
Jaynen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
Looks like I will be getting a job offer down SD way this coming week which means a move, but I will be coming up probably relatively often to go riding with my father in law anyway so maybe I'll make a few of these weekend rides and get to meet some people. Stupid health insurance company has taken now over a month to get through our application, of course just about the time Ill get a new job and won't need it.

I'd love to come up for the training sessions too if I can make it.
Jaynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #1091
wotevah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
I am also slow, slower than Joel...
wotevah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:51 PM   #1092
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotevah
not possible unless you bike has Reverse......
Old 07-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #1093
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
Javier

That sounds pretty cool. I could use some tips...riding and chassis set up.

Are you setting up a shop for home use...or a suspension shop for a business? If you're starting a new business, we have a good group of local FF's to spread the word. I could probably use some help setting up a pair of Marzocchi Shivers. Probably swap springs. Not having worked on modern suspension stuff, I don't know if it's as simple as with old style forks.
I have a motorcycle suspension and everything else shop in frazier park ,but im building a brand new steel building with mechanics area like the doctors office ,been in bussines for the last 3 years after i quite Thounsend Oaks KTM/yamaha/kawi because the owner was using my name for fake warranty's and others things .Went at my own and never look back ,i do suspension for guys all over usa,canada and europe ,lately I start testing in adventure bikes ,my test bikes were a ktm 640/660 and 950 ,i sold the 950 and my buddy's sold the 660 and both got the 690 ,so im cover in ktm test mule but i can use a bmw if you up for it ,we can do it ,you look and ask ?? ,fine tune it and after that you set for you own maintence .For dates the last weekend o september the good and after that anytime except the 3 rd weekend o october i racing the national enduro in october and in august i have a lot o work to get done for the guys the going to race the ISDE in greece,I have couple o small killer loops around my house the are good for trainning .
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:31 PM   #1094
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
not possible unless you bike has Reverse......
OUCH!!

I'm staying far away from that one!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #1095
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotevah
Thanks dood, makes me feel better....the other slow guy was a hiker