ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2008, 08:26 PM   #1096
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
I have a motorcycle suspension and everything else shop in frazier park ,but im building a brand new steel building with mechanics area like the doctors office ,been in bussines for the last 3 years after i quite Thounsend Oaks KTM/yamaha/kawi because the owner was using my name for fake warranty's and others things .Went at my own and never look back ,i do suspension for guys all over usa,canada and europe ,lately I start testing in adventure bikes ,my test bikes were a ktm 640/660 and 950 ,i sold the 950 and my buddy's sold the 660 and both got the 690 ,so im cover in ktm test mule but i can use a bmw if you up for it ,we can do it ,you look and ask ?? ,fine tune it and after that you set for you own maintence .For dates the last weekend o september the good and after that anytime except the 3 rd weekend o october i racing the national enduro in october and in august i have a lot o work to get done for the guys the going to race the ISDE in greece,I have couple o small killer loops around my house the are good for trainning .

We can have another Gorman Weekend say between Oct and Nov, when the cooler weather prevails.

Tech day and an instructional ride
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:41 AM   #1097
trid
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Saturday!

Hi all!!!

Just got back from June Lake... I am jealous it looks like this Bishop weekend is going to ROCK.. It beautiful up their!

Is anyone left in town doing a saturday ride... I finally got my wimpy puppy in the carb shop and hoping to have more than a 1/4 throttle soon .

TRIDDIRT
trid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 AM   #1098
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,112
Training Day?

Rite on......, Toco tech y michilada mix ratio classas ......im in All in one day,wooow
dunerat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #1099
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
Rite on......, Toco tech y michilada mix ratio classas ......im in All in one day,wooow
Let's plan on making a weekend camping and riding out of this one.

The bad is the instructors can not drink before the ride......

btw, I fixed your smilies, put them in the right order.........
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:20 PM   #1100
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
The bad is the instructors can not drink before the ride......
How do you figure that? You still got some learnin' to do They even got the drinking WHILE riding down pat...you even took photographic evidence

Day

and night

Oni screwed with this post 07-28-2008 at 12:27 PM
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #1101
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
How do you figure that? You still got some learnin' to do They even got the drinking WHILE riding down pat...you even took photographic evidence

Day

and night

Doesn't it really matter what the topic of instruction is?
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #1102
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,112
Thumb

Sounds like another overniter is in the works Thanks Joel could never remember the proper sequence.....so i just drank all the time
dunerat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:26 PM   #1103
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
Sounds like another overniter is in the works Thanks Joel could never remember the proper sequence.....so i just drank all the time
Oh yeah.........

Everyone get their health and life insurance paid up
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #1104
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,306
If is a 2 day event kelso valley o cuddyback lake are pretty nice places and no crow ,gorman gets crazy on weekends ,i also have a place in the paiutes the we can camp
trailtrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #1105
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artboy57
Joel git yer arse out there so I'm not the ONLY slow guy! If a couple of the faster FFs would be willing to give pointers to noobs (and us seemingly permanent noobs!) perhaps payment in lunch and beers for the pros could be worked out?
I guarantee you, I'm waaay slower than Joel

(not to mention, I need to get a plated bike)
Old 07-28-2008, 10:17 PM   #1106
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Joel you don't need a traing ride....you just need to:

1) STAND UP
2) STAND UP
3) STAND UP
4) STAND UP
5) 10% MORE THROTTLE

DONE...
funny, that's what they told me too

so that's what practiced yesterday....

makes a helluva difference, today, my hips don't ache, but my shoulders are killing me
Old 07-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #1107
Jaynen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat

makes a helluva difference, today, my hips don't ache, but my shoulders are killing me
I have the same issue, feels like I am always "pulling" on the bars when I am standing. I think I have bad riding position and am not far enough forward because i am afraid of being too far forward and going over the bars. It's not my legs that give out its my shoulders and thats what makes me want to sit down when I can. Especially if I have just finished "rowing" my way over a bunch of big whoops like out at Gorman.
Jaynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #1108
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynen
I have the same issue, feels like I am always "pulling" on the bars when I am standing. I think I have bad riding position and am not far enough forward because i am afraid of being too far forward and going over the bars. It's not my legs that give out its my shoulders and thats what makes me want to sit down when I can. Especially if I have just finished "rowing" my way over a bunch of big whoops like out at Gorman.
maybe that's it, we were at Gorman yesterday....

will have to get someone to critique my riding position
Old 07-28-2008, 11:36 PM   #1109
bongodave
Legalize it, already

Oddometer: 39,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynen
Funny you should say that. I have an XR 650 R. Supposedly a better dirt bike than the NX 650 I had years ago. Lighter, faster, etc.

It beat the crap outta me. I would have been faster on the NX. The suspension seems okay. I think it's the bar height. The lack of traction and higher-than-stock gearing, I can handle. This bike is 50 lbs. lighter than the old NX, and a real dirt bike, but harder for me to handle. Something's wrong here!

Unlike you, it's my legs that take the abuse. I still think higher bars would work better for me, and let me stand up without taking it all in the legs.

I'm just talking to myself here, but lots of XR guys get a higher bar and like it better. Just more money I don't have right now.

Oh, to have a garage full of bars to play with!
bongodave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:54 PM   #1110
bongodave
Legalize it, already

Oddometer: 39,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat

Dunerat's earlier post about conditioning your muscles applies here, I think.
Your shoulders will get accustomed, as long as you ride every weekend!
bongodave is online now   Reply With Quote