ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #1111
bongodave
Legalize it, already
 
bongodave's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Fabulous Eerie, Indiana!
Oddometer: 39,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
That is a good idea ,i can supply with a new shop in a month or so and do a ride like that in the morning ,barbecue and do a class abouth chassis set up ,that be cool
Who wouldn't benefit from that? Major props .
I don't know who I might have to kill, but I'll be there!
__________________
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing more than anarchy by the rich. -R-1150-RS
Corporatism walking hand in hand with patriotism .... just as deadly as religion. - Icewalker
"Look, folks, at the end of the day, we are monkeys with nuclear weapons." - Lee Camp
bongodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:32 AM   #1112
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodave
Dunerat's earlier post about conditioning your muscles applies here, I think.
Your shoulders will get accustomed, as long as you ride every weekend!

workin on it
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #1113
Oni
Ronin
 
Oni's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Pasadena - Californistan
Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
funny, that's what they told me too

so that's what practiced yesterday....

makes a helluva difference, today, my hips don't ache, but my shoulders are killing me
Try gripping the bike with your legs. If you do it right, you should feel like you had a workout with that thigh master thing. Takes pressure off your arms and makes you feel "connected" with the bike.

Trailtrick grips his bike so hard, he put holes in his seat on the first dirt ride.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #1114
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
Try gripping the bike with your legs. If you do it right, you should feel like you had a workout with that thigh master thing. Takes pressure off your arms and makes you feel "connected" with the bike.

Trailtrick grips his bike so hard, he put holes in his seat on the first dirt ride.
See Cathy, you should have not donated away the Thigh Master to Goodwill!
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #1115
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
See Cathy, you should have not donated away the Thigh Master to Goodwill!
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #1116
trailtrick
goat trail rider
 
trailtrick's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: socal
Oddometer: 3,306
The key is clamp the bike with you knees and make sure the you handlebar is comfortable and you can push down on it went stand up ,if you push foward you shoulders work in a weird position and kill you in few hours ,if you push down and get used to it you can ride hard for days with out get sore ,N ! think in motorcycles is a ergo the fit you and properly chasis set up
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #1117
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,161
Eek

"Twist" the throttle more and i garantee ull grab everything tighter
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #1118
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
The key is clamp the bike with you knees and make sure the you handlebar is comfortable and you can push down on it went stand up ,if you push foward you shoulders work in a weird position and kill you in few hours ,if you push down and get used to it you can ride hard for days with out get sore ,N ! think in motorcycles is a ergo the fit you and properly chasis set up
I read that by putting both feet on the outer end of the peg, that helps direct the knee towards the tank.

What about those stick on gripper pad that's attached to the side of the tank? Suppose to give a better grip...I would think so. Billy thinks that a velro is better....

Everytime I'm seating down, I hear the voice of Nowwhat and Billy ringing in my head, stand up, stand up.....but the legs are not there with me. I tell you, easier said than done....I started riding my mtn bike again so I can get most of the right muscles back into action.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #1119
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
"Twist" the throttle more and i garantee ull grab everything tighter
Yeah, I think you're just trying to wipe out the entire noob population here in the ADV community

NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #1120
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,161
Bluhduh

Stay away from that"stick meat" Joel im getting sceeered
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #1121
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ben99r1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Pomona, Calif.
Oddometer: 2,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
I read that by putting both feet on the outer end of the peg, that helps direct the knee towards the tank.

What about those stick on gripper pad that's attached to the side of the tank? Suppose to give a better grip...I would think so. Billy thinks that a velro is better....

Everytime I'm seating down, I hear the voice of Nowwhat and Billy ringing in my head, stand up, stand up.....but the legs are not there with me. I tell you, easier said than done....I started riding my mtn bike again so I can get most of the right muscles back into action.
Joel what kind of mtn bike do have? I have been riding mtn bikes for two years now. It does make you into a better dirt rider. If you can get in some down hill rides it keeps you standing up and looking ahead. I will be doing a drop from mount Wilson to JPL this Saturday. Its about a 17 mile down hill ride. I am getting the bike ready for mammoth in a few weeks. Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #1122
Oni
Ronin
 
Oni's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Pasadena - Californistan
Oddometer: 1,839
I'm gonna superglue some carpet tacks on Joel's seat when he's not looking.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #1123
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,807
Frickin Nowwhat tried something different still it didn't work..

NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #1124
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,161
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #1125
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
Frickin Nowwhat tried something different still it didn't work..

just trying to help.... ...Trailtrick told me that when I stand up I should be far enough forward that I can look down and see the top of my headlight...worked like a charm...the bike became much easier to turn via the rear wheel and the front stayed planted....the speed came naurally with the adjustment....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014