ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #12631
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
I'm not sure going 90 @ dusk is a better deer avoidence system than just going slow in the dark

But I'm not one to throw stones being in my glass house and all
As my lovely wife would say, I was using my stupid man brain, I feel like when I can see around me, I'm in control but in the dark the deer are still there. I'm going have to sleep with the night light on tonight for sure


It was good to meet you Aaron I hope you have fun up in Seattle and post up a RR or a link to a RR here so we can see what the riding is like up there
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:14 PM   #12632
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by sospelotudo
Try the new BMW g450x maybe??? Three year warrantee...
I am a dumb ass and I need a bike that is dumb ass prof.

The bike is running great, I haven't yet really got to ride it hard but seems to be pulling harder. I'm 500 miles into the break in and it has hardly used any oil. Thanks for doing a great job on the bike.
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #12633
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis
The bike is running great, I haven't yet really got to ride it hard but seems to be pulling harder. I'm 500 miles into the break in and it has hardly used any oil. Thanks for doing a great job on the bike.

good job ryan!


fyi....i took the cover off my xr400 after sitting for 5 long months. prior to storage, i emptied the carb fuel bowl, and added stabil to my gas.

the front tire was flat, but the rest look good. twisted the throttle about 6x, pulled the decompressor lever and cycled the piston about 20x, then felt the tdc...kickstarted it and on the 3rd try....my baby came back to life.

that's a honda!
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #12634
Oni
Ronin
 
Oni's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Pasadena - Californistan
Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
twisted the throttle about 6x, pulled the decompressor lever and cycled the piston about 20x, then felt the tdc...kickstarted it and on the 3rd try....my baby came back to life.

that's a honda!
I did that to my old XR350 after it sat for about 8 years. Was kicking it through just to get the oil to circulate and it started on about the 5th kick
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #12635
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
good job ryan!


fyi....i took the cover off my xr400 after sitting for 5 long months. prior to storage, i emptied the carb fuel bowl, and added stabil to my gas.

the front tire was flat, but the rest look good. twisted the throttle about 6x, pulled the decompressor lever and cycled the piston about 20x, then felt the tdc...kickstarted it and on the 3rd try....my baby came back to life.

that's a honda!
I am going to steal your techniques. I never twisted the throttle and mine has been a real beast to start. I will let you know the next time I start it.
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #12636
rruugger
formally rruugger
 
rruugger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: La Crescenta, Ca
Oddometer: 1,272
fyi....i took the cover off my xr400 after sitting for 5 long months. prior to storage, i emptied the carb fuel bowl, and added stabil to my gas.

the front tire was flat, but the rest look good. twisted the throttle about 6x, pulled the decompressor lever and cycled the piston about 20x, then felt the tdc...kickstarted it and on the 3rd try....my baby came back to life.

that's a honda!

After my shoulder surgery...........my sxc did'nt run so well, took it to the shop spent about 175 bucks on it then it ran just fine. That's a KTM!

Honda 4 strokers will be alive long after the cockroach has died off.
__________________
LIFE IS 20% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 80% WHAT YOU DO ABOUT IT
rruugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #12637
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
I picked up a paddle tire today and now I've got dunes on my mind, anyone want to go to Pismo for a day or Glamis for 2 days the weekend of the 27th I'd be taking my truck.

DUNESSS

DUUNNEESSSS

DDDDDDUUUUUUNNNNNEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

Come on, it will be fun!
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #12638
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ben99r1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Pomona, Calif.
Oddometer: 2,979
JM. You taking the xr650l? If you are take a 14 tooth front. Also you might want to take a extra filter to change out on the second day. Set your suspension to firm on the front and soft on the rear. You also need a red rear flag to be legal on the sand. Ben

Ben99r1 screwed with this post 03-09-2010 at 09:10 PM
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #12639
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis
I picked up a paddle tire today and now I've got dunes on my mind, anyone want to go to Pismo for a day or Glamis for 2 days the weekend of the 27th I'd be taking my truck.

DUNESSS

DUUNNEESSSS

DDDDDDUUUUUUNNNNNEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

Come on, it will be fun!





more pics from sunday; outside rock inn





the other tt


good day for rock inn





too bad i shaved the morning before the ride...


ktm boys



more ktm boys


and another one



and peter too


the only gs8



great to have a gas station across the rock inn....perfect...



the sun is getting low and everyone wants to get going
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #12640
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis
[COLOR=#cdcdcd]
Come on, it will be fun!
If you could do it a week earlier I'd def. be down for Pismo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #12641
rruugger
formally rruugger
 
rruugger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: La Crescenta, Ca
Oddometer: 1,272

A smilie inspired photo
__________________
LIFE IS 20% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 80% WHAT YOU DO ABOUT IT
rruugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #12642
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
If you could do it a week earlier I'd def. be down for Pismo.
Oh yeah I meant the 20th I screwed up when I was looking at my calendar, so if you're up for it lets go to Pismo. I checked map quest and its about 3 hours from my house in echo park so if we leave by 9am we can get to Pismo grab lunch and then ride till sunset and get some golden sunset dune/beach photos.

Sound good to you?

Do you have a paddle tire?
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #12643
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis
Oh yeah I meant the 20th I screwed up when I was looking at my calendar, so if you're up for it lets go to Pismo. I checked map quest and its about 3 hours from my house in echo park so if we leave by 9am we can get to Pismo grab lunch and then ride till sunset and get some golden sunset dune/beach photos.

Sound good to you?

Do you have a paddle tire?
Yes sounds good, no paddle/flag but I'll see about it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #12644
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1
JM. You taking the xr650l? If you are take a 14 tooth front. Also you might want to take a extra filter to change out on the second day. Set your suspension to firm on the front and soft on the rear. You also need a red rear flag to be legal on the sand. Ben
Yeah I'll be taking the XRL.
I have a stock, uni and K&N air filter for the bike witch do you think be the best for keeping the sand/salt out?
I think I will also be investing one of those pre screens for the air box.
__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #12645
johngil
Reseda, CA
 
johngil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 3,698
Uni w/ rim grease.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014