ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #1351
Artboy57
Slave to THE MOUSE

Oddometer: 690
What's with the new avatar, Joel? I'm chain and sprocket shopping tomorrow, maybe an early morning GS run , maybe Sawmill or such. You nuts be careful tonight!
Artboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #1352
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_mathis
I'm good Joel just going to school and dreaming about a husky te 610 but I haven't been riding much other than to school and back. How's the xr treating you? I'd like to go for a ride this weekend but I got a photo shoot on Saturday. If I can't make it out this weekend I'm defiantly riding next weekend!
jm, i agree, school first and it won't be long you'll be on a te; which is a very nice capable bike, saw a couple of them at WMRS.

it's possible next weekend we can do another local, the pacifico and chilao added another 18 or so miles of dirt to our normal route.

the xr is a keeper, other than my right leg is getting old kickstarting, it's a mighty reliable bike and good enough for me. i picked up a 400 XE motor from a quad with electric start and planning to drop it in. maybe in a month or so.

try to make it to the nOOb DV Rally...just like last year you and i had a great time. of course, you and riverrat make good baby sitters......
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #1353
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artboy57
What's with the new avatar, Joel? I'm chain and sprocket shopping tomorrow, maybe an early morning GS run , maybe Sawmill or such. You nuts be careful tonight!

come by the house and we'll put them on. gf is in sandyeggo.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #1354
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,232
Wicked

Just wait fo the honeymoon pics ..... thanx for did did hun
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #1355
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Full Moon Ride Part 2

Everyone had so much fun last time so the FFs decided to do it again. So, Razr was able to find another full moon friday and so we rode...

11 guys started their warm up run via lynx gulch, while 3 of us took our own each separate route. the plan was to meet at newcomb's at 7:00 pm

i took the 20 miles paved twisties to get on pacifico - chilao - and made it to newcombs at 7:15pm. plenty of daylight left but no FFs other than a new guy derek, but soon tim showed up then followed by the ladies (wives).

bee-yoo-tee-full angeles forest from mt. pacifico

pacifico trail didn't stay quiet very long

if you FFs don't ride and rely on ride reports, this gate will be locked in november, and have to wait till may to ride up on this trail.

last year this trail became impassable, noticed the landslide?, that was the part of the trail that was lost and they have to chip off the hill side to make way for a new one

bikes and riders pics next.....
Old 08-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #1356
Jaynen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
Nice Joel. I didn't bring the bike back up from SD this weekend afterall was too much pita to load it up and stuff.

I'll be interested to see that XR with the 400ex motor in it, thats the only thing I don't like about the XR400s is lack of e start
Jaynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:46 PM   #1357
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Tim true to his word and undaunted by the previous ride, he did the entire ride on a pig , while 3 of the FFs downsized on this ride. you know who you are, you got feathers!

that's an advrider and the tkc's saved his

at about 8pm the 11 apostles showed up, late for supper , nevermind....the masiah was with them

community members from soviet monika....russ and chris....and they're not nOObs as they claimed to be..

the martian, this time no feelers, but still with the spooky eyes decided to ride again with us (or was he IN again just for the beer ?)

john, went smalerl cc on this ride and took the 625. it didn't take long for him to acquire the evil eyes from the martian

a SHAKEN NOWWHAT walked in with a story to tell...or WAS IT A SHAKEN BUS with a permanent impression of him on its side...

not a pretty 950SE anymore ................................................, justice has been served to the gs riders!

sito envied this SE from the day he met nowwhat, but the grin on his face says different.... and normally he helps in trail side breakdown, and tonight was unusually preoccupied what's for dinner.

at least, tonight nowwhat was able to use his brand new flashlight

just like dunerat's crash, this one will stay for a looooooooong time in the books...

bent brake pedal....big deal, we don't use the brakes on our rides

more pics to come.....
Old 08-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #1358
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynen
Nice Joel. I didn't bring the bike back up from SD this weekend afterall was too much pita to load it up and stuff.

I'll be interested to see that XR with the 400ex motor in it, thats the only thing I don't like about the XR400s is lack of e start
Doood....you already have over 140 on your odo still NO AVATAR!

The XR thinks that yammie is food!
Old 08-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #1359
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
Just wait fo the honeymoon pics ..... thanx for did did hun
man whore, after you ditched the blond bitch, now who's the girl with the real big...nevermind.....on your left?

by the looks of the dust on chris' shirt, i can tell where was he on the food chain....
Old 08-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #1360
Jaynen
Studly Adventurer

I um blame you because, you are the only one who has any remotely semi cool photo's of my new bike with me on it :P
Old 08-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #1361
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,528
Bike is already at the dealer.....

ATGATT.....

BTW....I blame Sito....he was supposed to leading the ride.... ....isn't the trail leaders job to clear the way????
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #1362
Jaynen
Studly Adventurer

The first car accident I ever got into was backing into a church bus, those things are sneaky!
Old 08-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #1363
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,528
oh yeah...the Triple clamp snapped on the way home....

I knew it was a good idea to buy 2 SE's.....ridign tomorrow...

Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:29 PM   #1364
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Dinner at Newcombs

the masiah and his flock gettin ready for supper

for sure last night gathering was fun

some would prefer to eat where the beer is only arms away

remember to order the ortega burger if you're ever at newks

jesus christ! masiah...don't do that in front of the camera

razr the real night owl and part time prowler having nachos

tim wasn't able to use the loaded energy on this ride...didn't see him puckering up

mark's version of meal time adv salute

mr. tapatio on a a club sandwich, you got to be a mex! y mi nombre es juan!

rob, doesn't take much where to find him

the bartender remembers sito from the previous night ride...we have food tonight

can you believe it?, this helmet put a dimple the size of a watermelon on the side of the bus

i have a feeling that more shampoo instead of soap will be used after tonight's ride

the ride pics on next report.....after my nap...
Old 08-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #1365
bongodave
Join my cult!

Oddometer: 39,573
bongodave is offline   Reply With Quote