ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 10:13 PM   #1471
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
OK what time frame at NR, Ill b lateRAZR...fixed

10:30 - 11:00 am brunch at newcombs ranch!
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:17 PM   #1472
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,182
Thumb

IN workin... and that fits famously
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #1473
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,485
bunch of wise guys....bus....bus....bus....bus.... ...

Maybe I'll ride the motard up to Newcombs for some grub...
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:19 PM   #1474
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,182
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #1475
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer
 
qwiksilver's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Hollywood, CA
Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
i'm more inclined just to do a breakfast ride again to newcombs like 2 weeks ago.

slow and easy.....need to practice standing on the pegs.

everytime i'm with you FFs, have to sit and haul ass...

calling jamin and artboy to the white courtesy phone...

ok...nOObs come out and join us.....7:30 in front of 7-11

advanced riders, you guys can take BPL, 4N24, and Lynx....we'll meet you at mill creek parking lot and head together to newcombs.
Ok, I gotta Google map this mysterious 7-11. There are like, a bajillion of them in the LA area...which one?

I know Newcomb Ranch...I used to stop there when I ran with a group of faster cages:



I miss that car.
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:56 PM   #1476
Oni
Ronin
 
Oni's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Pasadena - Californistan
Oddometer: 1,839
7-11 they are talking about is off the 210 freeway and the Osbourne offramp. Very close to Hanson Dam Recreation Area and the 118 freeway.

It is North of the freeway. As you exit the freeway, go North and turn left on the 1st stoplight (I think) and the 7-11 will be there. It's about 100 yards or so from the offramp...but a little hard to see.

There will be dirt on this route to Newcomb's...easy dirt...but dirt. Santa Clara Divide (SCD). Unless they run Little T to Aliso to Angeles Forest to the Crest to Newcomb's which is mostly twisty pavement and pretty fun. If they do Pacifico...it's easy but kinda slick so take your time.

Oni screwed with this post 08-18-2008 at 11:02 PM
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:51 AM   #1477
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
i'm more inclined just to do a breakfast ride again to newcombs like 2 weeks ago.

slow and easy.....need to practice standing on the pegs.

everytime i'm with you FFs, have to sit and haul ass...

calling jamin and artboy to the white courtesy phone...

ok...nOObs come out and join us.....7:30 in front of 7-11
Joel, I'd like to join you on this one again, if that's OK......
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:57 AM   #1478
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer
 
qwiksilver's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Hollywood, CA
Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
7-11 they are talking about is off the 210 freeway and the Osbourne offramp. Very close to Hanson Dam Recreation Area and the 118 freeway.

It is North of the freeway. As you exit the freeway, go North and turn left on the 1st stoplight (I think) and the 7-11 will be there. It's about 100 yards or so from the offramp...but a little hard to see.

There will be dirt on this route to Newcomb's...easy dirt...but dirt. Santa Clara Divide (SCD). Unless they run Little T to Aliso to Angeles Forest to the Crest to Newcomb's which is mostly twisty pavement and pretty fun. If they do Pacifico...it's easy but kinda slick so take your time.
My gear is not dirt friendly at all. I'm street only for now. I'm used to Mulholland, but I take it at a leisurely pace. I can make this if they do the pavement.
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:20 AM   #1479
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,182
Thumb

Qslvr, just ride straight up 2 HWY to NR... It can be done from the 7-11 but more cross streets and turns, longer too
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #1480
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksilver
My gear is not dirt friendly at all. I'm street only for now. I'm used to Mulholland, but I take it at a leisurely pace. I can make this if they do the pavement.
Dirt is easy dirt, if you want to try it, I should have gear i can lend you for the ride.....
look back in this thread 2 weeks for Joel's pics of this ride

Cathy
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #1481
Jaynen
Studly Adventurer
 
Jaynen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Oceanside CA
Oddometer: 618
Hmm is it worth loading my bike up and taking it back to LA to ride with you FF's this weekend

Actually I might have to haul my other bike and my wifes quad down to the new house. (assuming I find a place to live this week)

SCD itself which I got to ride is a fair amount of pavement and then some gravel/rocky type roads and then little chunks of more pavement and finally some dirt.

What kind of street gear do you have? You might be ok for this ride
Jaynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:51 AM   #1482
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,838
Everyone is welcome....but you need to have spare tube, some parts, and tools.

NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #1483
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer
 
qwiksilver's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Hollywood, CA
Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynen
Hmm is it worth loading my bike up and taking it back to LA to ride with you FF's this weekend

Actually I might have to haul my other bike and my wifes quad down to the new house. (assuming I find a place to live this week)

SCD itself which I got to ride is a fair amount of pavement and then some gravel/rocky type roads and then little chunks of more pavement and finally some dirt.

What kind of street gear do you have? You might be ok for this ride
My boots are just sturdy leather boots. Fine for the around town stuff I've been doing on the scooter. (I'm asking Santa for a pair of actual motorcycle boots as stocking stuffers.) I usually wear an Alpinestars Stella mesh jacket and I have a pair of Joe Rocket mesh pants. I use a Shoei full face helmet. I also have a pair of leather and kevlar gloves.
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #1484
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksilver
My gear is not dirt friendly at all. I'm street only for now. I'm used to Mulholland, but I take it at a leisurely pace. I can make this if they do the pavement.
if you want to do dual sport....take scd and pacifico

heavy duty street gear may be ok
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #1485
Oni
Ronin
 
Oni's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Pasadena - Californistan
Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksilver
My boots are just sturdy leather boots. Fine for the around town stuff I've been doing on the scooter. (I'm asking Santa for a pair of actual motorcycle boots as stocking stuffers.) I usually wear an Alpinestars Stella mesh jacket and I have a pair of Joe Rocket mesh pants. I use a Shoei full face helmet. I also have a pair of leather and kevlar gloves.
That stuff will probably be fine for SCD. Even better if Sopascat has some boots that work for you. Just ride your own pace and don't try and keep up with faster riders...they will wait for you at all trail junctions.

The dirt is easy peasy...no hills, water crossings or tight sections. SCD is our usual n00b break in ride. Doesn't get much easier. I'm sure Sopascat will help you out too.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014