ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #16
Bucho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,749
Damifudo, you don't need a license to get your bike tagged.

Though its probably a good idea to have a licensed rider with you. The cops aren't gonna give you a hard time about it, (unless they really don't like you). Most probably don't even know that is an actual law.
A motorcycle learner's permit will satisfy them.

Think of a learner's permit as a permit to kill yourself!!!!
Bucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:45 AM   #17
Damifudo OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
I would like to get some ideas for a ride soon.

I have been thinking about a ride here in Maryland around Baltimore County, Harford County and even Cecil county. Please post some places you have ridden before and enjoyed it. I know the C&D canal would be a good place to ride. Cecil county is loaded with Gravel Pits. Baltimore County has some amazing farm land up north.

Maybe we can combine our resorces and link up a ride. Please respond with some ideas.
Damifudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #18
nu24strokes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
DS ride

I would be willing to come down to the C and D canal for a good DS ride-I have a modified DRZ SM with dirt wheels and tires. It would be great to explore the area and then stop for crabcakes and a beer at the Bayard House or ??? It's about an hour and a half for me to get to Cheasapeake CIty from where I live.
nu24strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #19
OnOff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,617
Count me in!

Except this weekend is bad...
Funeral, daughter's dance competition and moving a friend. Any other weekend is a good bet. I've ridden with dmar a couple times and he has some good routes.

OnOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #20
Roadracer_Al
louder, louder, louder!

Oddometer: 1,472
If y'all (oops, can't say that) get a ride together, I'd be into that.

Nu2 -- funny, your bike sounds like my bike. I have some dirt wheels coming.
New Rider Training in the San Francisco Bay Area at Motorcycle University". Learn to Ride...Better!
Roadracer_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:31 AM   #21
Duelsportdave1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Hi bryant.

My freinds and i would like to have other people to ride with.I am from parkville an my freinds live in joppa. I also have a drz400 my freinds have 2 klrs. WE ride all over harford cnty, northern balt cnty,ciecl cnty and some in southen pa.We have some off road we can do (hush,hush).Shoot me an email sometime when you can ride.

dsweber28@aol.com
Duelsportdave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #22
mtd679
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Puke

I'm in Baltimore City, and am always looking for someone to ride with. I've got a KTM530 (not so great on the road). If there are mainly trails invovled I'm in. If it's all street, I've got a street bike too, but I guess that's not the point of this website.

I just found this website, and it kills me that I missed the Greenridge ride. That looked like a blast.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #23
BmoreBandit
Gnarly something..

Oddometer: 479
wow, this place came alive

interesting. i have a klr with street-oriented tires (for now), but would be interested in a d/s ride, as long its nothing too hairy, or meant for 2-strokers.
live in the city (SE), and also have coupla road bikes.
a friend that lives 2min. away, with a 950adv and a 610husky, would be also interested. even if you guys wanna do a short ride or a line-up, meet-n-greet somewhere, it would be cool. we put around the city alot, or go north.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.. H Thompson
BmoreBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #24
dmar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Looks like we are onto something here, how about sat the 10th or perhaps the weekend after that would be good. Lets get a date set and a route planned. what type of dual sport bikes will depend on the route we take. 6 5 0 L knows the good routes in cecil county, I also know a few. Cecil county is the best place to dual sport in this region. We can start near the harford county and cecil county line then ride east and then south to the c+d canal. onoff just showed some good pictures of our dual sport rides. Lets shoot for a moderate paced ride, much more enjoyable than a race type ride. Looking forward to those trails at the c+d canal where the delaware enduro was held! We usually meet at the I 95 park n ride in havre de grace or perryville.
dmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #25
Damifudo OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Sounds good to me I just got my License today so I am good to go! I will be going on a DRZ 400 s So where do you hit in cecil county? Send me a message if you know of some places. A good place to meet might be right below the conowingo dam. Nice place to start from and we can ride through Port Deposit. I grew up in Perryville so I know my way around a little bit. I cant meet this weekend I will be at graduation at VT.
Damifudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:52 AM   #26
fox8505
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
sometime real soon

I"ve got to meet up with guys real soon. It sounds like with the weather breaking everybody is getting out more. I've been riding to work a lot more often due to rising gas prices But need to hook up on one of these northern county routes real soon. Good to see that everyone is out and about.

Pretty much just checkin in and saying hi. Ride on!
fox8505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #27
OnOff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,617
Hey, I was just there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damifudo
Sounds good to me I just got my License today so I am good to go! I will be going on a DRZ 400 s So where do you hit in cecil county? Send me a message if you know of some places. A good place to meet might be right below the conowingo dam. Nice place to start from and we can ride through Port Deposit. I grew up in Perryville so I know my way around a little bit. I cant meet this weekend I will be at graduation at VT.
Took a nice ride up there on Sunday
OnOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #28
dmar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
How about sun may 18th for a dual sport ride ? My fz6 looks like your bikes little brother
Attached Images

dmar screwed with this post 05-06-2008 at 04:38 PM
dmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #29
nu24strokes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Saturday ride

Saturday sounds good to me. I'll keep the knobbies on the SM and would like to join you for a ride around the C & D canal area (it would be my first time riding that area-I'm used to the sand of New Jersey). Let me know the details in regards to start times, etc...
nu24strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #30
FourStroke
TE 450

Oddometer: 297
I'm up for a ride on Sun 18th. My bike's limited on the road, but it could make it out to Delta if needed. (I'll just hang behind on the road)
FourStroke is offline   Reply With Quote