ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2008, 12:48 AM   #91
Duelsportdave1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Rain for todays ride.

We are a hardy people we are still in rain or shine.Have rain suit will travel.
Duelsportdave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:28 AM   #92
FourStroke
TE 450

Oddometer: 297
I'm still in!

Sky is blue & clear. (will probably rain later on though). See you guys at 10:30.

I went for a quick ride yesterday to check some creek crossings. Nothing was more than a foot deep (we had alot of rain Friday). Trails were alittle muddy. Here's a few pics. (taken from my cell)
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

One of the Pits were riding in
[IMG][/IMG]

I bet they have more pictures of my bike than I do. (this can be avoided if it's a problem)
[IMG][/IMG]

FourStroke screwed with this post 05-18-2008 at 05:08 AM
FourStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:36 AM   #93
Duelsportdave1
Gnarly Adventurer

Laugh Lets ride

Thanks for the pics it looks like today is going to be fun.We are looking forward to meeting all of you.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:25 AM   #94
dmar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
I'll be there. I will be bringing rain gear. We may get a shower but I don't think it is going to rain all day. It will be fun
dmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:26 AM   #95
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,413
I'm out. I don't want to get stuck that far from home in a thunder storm. Asshole weather people said, all week, it was going to be beautiful today, and I was really looking foward to riding. Jerkoffs
sloburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:30 AM   #96
wheelsucker
Former Virgin

Oddometer: 253
sorry to say but I'm also out, was really looking forward to this but Ellicott City and looking west is starting to look...no so nice They are calling for T-storms around 11am and I don't want to be the newb who gets caught in the mud
wheelsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #97
Duelsportdave1
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok guys hear is the vid link i hope it works

http://www.youtube.com/v/9kE6c-tsTug"> http://www.youtube.com/v/9kE6c-tsTug" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Thank you guys again for a great day.Myself,dan and dawn had a great time wish it had'nt rained but o well.Hope we can ride again soon.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:40 PM   #98
Duelsportdave1
Gnarly Adventurer

ok link did not work

I am working on it. Video to big for photobucket it will be on you tube soon i hope.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:49 PM   #99
Sevoman
Ever Vigilant

Oddometer: 906
I beg to differ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateT7
I want to assure you that did not say that "MD is a southern state." I lived in MD for most of my life and maintain that MD is decidedly not "southern" (nor am I, for that matter). However, the decision was made by the powers-that-be to split the forum such that MD, DC and VA are in the 'southeast' forum.

just sayin'

formerly of the great SOUTHERN state of Maryland.

I hope you guys had a GREAT ride today. I am stuck working.
Sevoman.

Ride safe and enjoy!!
Sevoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #100
FourStroke
TE 450

Oddometer: 297
Damn Rain!

Had a great ride today. It was great to meet everyone. We had a total of 10 bikes. Met a friend & his son in a pit. 12 bikes running around the pit. It was alittle crazy. Looking forward to seeing pics & video of that.

The day started out very nice, but a few hours later it poured. No one seemed to mind that much though. A few of us bailed early. Grady's bike kept stalling on him, & we had one more break down after we all split. (some continued to the canal). I went home & grabbed the truck to run Nu24strokes bike back. Need a report of the canal ride.

Let's do it again, but with better weather.

Here's a few pics & video from my cell phone. Looking forward to seeing the other pics & video.

Taking a break in the pit
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
MotoJunky draining the bowl on Grady's TE610.
[IMG][/IMG]
It let loose a couple times. Whatever it takes to stay dry
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
MotoJunky crossing back over the creek to take turns kicking Grady's bike. (it exhausted 3 of us)
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Taking another break, waiting for the bikes to get across the creek. The trails were getting slick with all the rain.
[IMG][/IMG]
My last two pics. Taking cover from the rain.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

A short boring video of Me & MotoJunky heading to Perryville this morning
[IMG][/IMG]
Tunnel. It sounded like a pack of Harleys coming through there. The cell phone didn't capture the sound very well. Kindof Pissed about the quality, since I soaked my feet for that shot.
[IMG][/IMG]
Creek crossing
[IMG][/IMG]

Looking forward to more pics/video. Post up!

Craig
FourStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #101
dmar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
It rained all the way to the canal and at the canal. Then on the way out of the canal the rain stopped and the roads dried up and the sun came out for the ride home. It was just me and onoff at the canal, the other 3 bailed at the first stop light, can't say I blame them. It was raining pretty good at first. Onoff has a couple of pics on his cell phone, Iam sure he'll upload them. We stopped at the chesapeake inn on the way back and sat at the outside tiki bar. There was a live band and a view of the canal. We had a drink and a brick oven pizza that they are known for.
dmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #102
OnOff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,613
Fun day...

Had a great day with some excellent riders from ADV. These rides work because of guys who know and lead the trails and in this case 650L led us on some fun paths. Here is a link to a PDF (4 megs) with 48 pix off my cell phone. OOOPS, forgot to mention the first 5 pix were from a solo ride I did yesterday.
http://photos.imageevent.com/peteh/a...51808PeteH.pdf

The MEFOs got a little slick in the mud, but I managed to stay upright
After everybody bailed on us, Dmar and I hauled butt in a downpour to the C&D canal. We ran 55-65mph for a few miles and then turned around and came back. Grabbed a quick pizza at the Chesapeake Inn and rode back home. Thanks to 650L and Dmar for leading a fun ride. Also thanks to Dan for grabbing my front wheel at the Canal when I was about to go backwards down a long steep hill after losing traction. I clocked 145 miles on the XR650L today and all of it was a blast!

Almost forgot to mention, we had a female rider with us and she was kickin ass with some very good riding in some slick conditions! WELL DONE and nice to have her on the ride with us!!!

OnOff screwed with this post 05-18-2008 at 05:47 PM
OnOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:59 PM   #103
mtd679
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
I had a great time too. Thanks to 650L for a great ride, and especially for capturing "ya missed the trail" on video. Actually thanks to him for pulling me out.

I just started dirt riding last year and riding with such good riders helps. Watching ONOFF go throught the slop, slipping and sliding all the way on road bias dual sport tires really made me realize how much I have to learn.

Thanks again.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:05 PM   #104
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,413
Thanks for the pics guys, it looks like everybody had a great time even with the rain. I hope to make the next ride.
sloburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:42 PM   #105
Duelsportdave1
Gnarly Adventurer

More pics from sunday

Sorry we had to bail on the canal ride but at 65mph in that kind of rain with open face helmets its a little painfull.
Attached Images