ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #15421
Live_riderHD
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Oddometer: 153
Just now upon further inpection of my pegs and their mounts...the fastways will not mount up properly.
The stock pegs are steel. I am just going to cut and weld. I am a decent fabricator...so I think I can lower them about and inch and a half...and I will save the $120 I would have to spend on the fastways.
Live_riderHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #15422
AST236
Beastly Adventurer
 
AST236's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Lower Alabama
Oddometer: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
I'm leavin Oct 8th for Barbers Vintage Days.
If you've never been and wanted to go, this is a excellent event to make.

http://www.barbervintagefestival.org...to-gallery.php
I"m going up on the 7th. You taking the bike or the cage?
__________________
I usually run out of talent before I run out of horsepower.

I don't like sand.
AST236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #15423
r_bin
Studly Adventurer
 
r_bin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
I'm leavin Oct 8th for Barbers Vintage Days.
If you've never been and wanted to go, this is a excellent event to make.

http://www.barbervintagefestival.org...to-gallery.php
I'll be there.
r_bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #15424
Hatch
PAR OG
 
Hatch's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montrose, Co
Oddometer: 2,899
40 bux for the weekend, 20 a day? 25 for tent camping per nite?

dang. talk about FEEs


__________________
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #15425
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phædrus View Post
40 bux for the weekend, 20 a day? 25 for tent camping per nite?

dang. talk about FEEs



Barbers is worth every penny they ask.
Astonishing to me that we have something of that magnatude this close to us.

Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #15426
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by AST236 View Post
I"m going up on the 7th. You taking the bike or the cage?
VStrom.

Oasis crowd is goin up the interstate. Melvin is tryin to talk me into pickin up the route that Barney took a few weeks ago and jump off at Birmingham.

He's twistin my arm hard.
What say you Frank? You game to go with us?
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:37 AM   #15427
AST236
Beastly Adventurer
 
AST236's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Lower Alabama
Oddometer: 1,968
Let's talk before then and see if we can coordinate schedules/routes. I try to avoid the interstate unless time is a big issue and I'll have all day to get there from here.

I actually grew up about 40 miles east of the track, so I may take a longer, less direct route once I"m north of Montgomery and visit my old hometown. I did that when I went up for the superbike races in June.
__________________
I usually run out of talent before I run out of horsepower.

I don't like sand.
AST236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:45 AM   #15428
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..
 
forrestrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Foley . Al
Oddometer: 1,718
Was over in P-Cola yesterday, saw a Super Tenere in the parking lot at the bike shop, and a New one in the showroom, Talked to the guy that had the one in the parking lot, told him to join the group, it was a good looking bike.
forrestrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:24 AM   #15429
ineptizoid
Not Mission Capable
 
ineptizoid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Underachievement Nexus of the Universe
Oddometer: 5,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestrider View Post
Was over in P-Cola yesterday, saw a Super Tenere in the parking lot at the bike shop, and a New one in the showroom, Talked to the guy that had the one in the parking lot, told him to join the group, it was a good looking bike.
Yep, those Super Teneres are cool-looking machines...but I couldn't believe it when I saw the spec sheet and the 575# wet weight! That's pretty close to 100# more than the R12GS or the KTM990 Adventure! Dang that's a lotta weight.
__________________
*FAIL*

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #15430
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..
 
forrestrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Foley . Al
Oddometer: 1,718
Well I found out that I can build Kitchen Cabinets, Some of them are even 6 to 12 in of being sq. and only have to rebuild 2.. This range hood I put in takes $100.00 in light bulbs, 2 that are $30.00 ea.

Any one install gas lines??
forrestrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:18 AM   #15431
AST236
Beastly Adventurer
 
AST236's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Lower Alabama
Oddometer: 1,968
Evergreen, AL Rotary Club Ride and Shine

Greetings and salutations fellow riders,

As the newly and duly elected President (all rise) of the Evergreen, Alabama Rotary Club, I feel it is my duty to compel my club members and like minded civic sorts to have some fun and help our club raise money for ongoing community projects.

Our small club (20 members) strives each year to fund three scholarships for local high school graduates. This past year we gave a total of $4500 to three deserving students, aiding them in their educational pursuits. We also do a K-4 reading program at both local elementary schools and send at least one teenager to the Rotary Youth Leadership Academy. Next year we want to do even more. This is where YOU come in.

On Saturday, September 17, 2011, the Evergreen Rotary Club will host its first annual Rotary Club Ride and Shine fundraiser. I'm still fine tuning the format, but for now it looks like this. Riders will meet at a central point in Evergreen to complete last minute registrations and attend a short rider's briefing. After the briefing, riders will embark on one of two prescribed routes through our local area. Maps will be provided and each route will have a ride leader.

Route 1 will be 100% street to include lightly traveled state roads with beautiful views and will probably cover north west Conecuh County, and parts of Monroe County.

Route 2 will go in the opposite direction and include well maintained dirt roads and local county roads and will include a rest break at the Boggs and Boulders ORV park near Brooklyn, Alabama. This will be a beast friendly route.

Route lengths will be calculated so that both groups of riders return to Evergreen nlt noon, in time for freshly grilled hamburgers and Conecuh Sausage dogs. Once the riders get back, we'll line up the bikes and let local citizens, Rotarians and other local celebrity ruffians judge the bikes on a wide ranging list of personal criteria. A winner will be crowned and a large time will be had by all. Lunch is included in the $30 registration fee. Passengers are welcome and may eat for $5.

Stay tuned for more information and feel free to invite your non-ADV friends along as well.

This will be a family friendly event and will be fun and safe for all ages.

Ride safe and mark this day on your calendar.

*If any inmates need to come up and spend the night, I'll do what I can to secure reasonably priced rooms and will throw some burgers and dogs on the grill at my house on the night of the 16th.
__________________
I usually run out of talent before I run out of horsepower.

I don't like sand.
AST236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #15432
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post

Now that's funny right there.

You can't fool me none--I done sawr what you did there back at ANF Fest last December, yanking that KTM's front wheel up in third.

I've never been able to do that...


It's the bike, trust me...
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #15433
ineptizoid
Not Mission Capable
 
ineptizoid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Underachievement Nexus of the Universe
Oddometer: 5,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by AST236 View Post
Greetings and salutations fellow riders,

As the newly and duly elected President (all rise) of the Evergreen, Alabama Rotary Club, I feel it is my duty to compel my club members and like minded civic sorts to have some fun and help our club raise money for ongoing community projects.

Our small club (20 members) strives each year to fund three scholarships for local high school graduates. This past year we gave a total of $4500 to three deserving students, aiding them in their educational pursuits. We also do a K-4 reading program at both local elementary schools and send at least one teenager to the Rotary Youth Leadership Academy. Next year we want to do even more. This is where YOU come in.

On Saturday, September 17, 2011, the Evergreen Rotary Club will host its first annual Rotary Club Ride and Shine fundraiser. I'm still fine tuning the format, but for now it looks like this. Riders will meet at a central point in Evergreen to complete last minute registrations and attend a short rider's briefing. After the briefing, riders will embark on one of two prescribed routes through our local area. Maps will be provided and each route will have a ride leader.

Route 1 will be 100% street to include lightly traveled state roads with beautiful views and will probably cover north west Conecuh County, and parts of Monroe County.

Route 2 will go in the opposite direction and include well maintained dirt roads and local county roads and will include a rest break at the Boggs and Boulders ORV park near Brooklyn, Alabama. This will be a beast friendly route.

Route lengths will be calculated so that both groups of riders return to Evergreen nlt noon, in time for freshly grilled hamburgers and Conecuh Sausage dogs. Once the riders get back, we'll line up the bikes and let local citizens, Rotarians and other local celebrity ruffians judge the bikes on a wide ranging list of personal criteria. A winner will be crowned and a large time will be had by all. Lunch is included in the $30 registration fee. Passengers are welcome and may eat for $5.

Stay tuned for more information and feel free to invite your non-ADV friends along as well.

This will be a family friendly event and will be fun and safe for all ages.

Ride safe and mark this day on your calendar.

*If any inmates need to come up and spend the night, I'll do what I can to secure reasonably priced rooms and will throw some burgers and dogs on the grill at my house on the night of the 16th.
Sounds like a worthy cause--count me tentatively IN for riding Route 2 aboard Ye Olde KLR. Provided I can scrape up the 30 bux, naturally.
__________________
*FAIL*

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #15434
newdaze1
Street Prophet
 
newdaze1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Oddometer: 92
Thumb Barber is Cutting Edge

[QUOTE=Madhouse;16645800]Barbers is worth every penny they ask.
Astonishing to me that we have something of that magnatude this close.]

Checked the website and this Barber's event looks pretty incredible. Count me IN for the whole weekend be it cycle or auto travel to the event.
__________________
Normal is the playground of the unimaginative
Trophies Last Forever, Bones Heal, Chicks Dig Scars
Suzuki PE 250
Ducati 1198
Katooom 350 SX-F
newdaze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:57 AM   #15435
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,096
Kevin,,get busy.
It took almost a year and a half to fix the 990.
Hope it don't take that long to fix your kitchen before you go ridin with us again.



Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestrider View Post
Well I found out that I can build Kitchen Cabinets, Some of them are even 6 to 12 in of being sq. and only have to rebuild 2.. This range hood I put in takes $100.00 in light bulbs, 2 that are $30.00 ea.

Any one install gas lines??
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014