Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011, 05:09 AM   #15646
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Red View Post
Nice ride Pete! Where are we riding this weekend Everybody post up so I have some options
I am home this weekend.i would like to get in on a ride
bzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:40 AM   #15647
Rebel Red
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Hey Billy!

Hey Billy! Thinking Saturday, BlackWater - OC, RR, Aj and New Daze should be there too. You guys post up so we can get this ride going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzrider View Post
I am home this weekend.i would like to get in on a ride
Rebel Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:49 AM   #15648
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Court View Post
09 KLX again - hey no more - it aint like youve never seen em... least I'll have sumpthin for TT3!
Wow Pete, good to see you got another woods weapon!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:14 AM   #15649
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by skid=mark View Post
Hey Panhandle FF's! I will be in town this weekend to move my stuff from the house into storage. Hoping to ride Saturday or Sunday-most likely Sunday. Talking to Wayne Briske about riding/working at Whiting... but considering all options.

Been doing a little desert riding out here--got back in last Saturday and had about 50 cactus spines in my tires. Nobody told me I wasn't sposed to run over 'em. Hell, I'm ready for some ice ridin' now. New front tire is working well--decided to run the Kenda 760 T-II's this time around. Wish you coulda seen the front I discarded, every other knob off and the handlebars would actually wobble side to side riding slow--not a problem--just stay on the gas! I am loving Albuquerque--hot but not humid. Reasonably cool at night,and until about 10 in the a.m.
LMK what's up for riding.

@ HD rider: I am running Tusk aluminum fat bars on two of my bikes and like them for the $/quality ratio. Haven't bent 'em yet; I do have one with hand guard set mounted to the upper fork clamp. MUCH sturdier.
Yeah Skid!!! What's going on??!! Still going through my bike for inspections and having to rejet it back down to sea level from my CO trip....if everything goes well I'll be up for a ride this weekend also....fastburn of course.....or if we don't have enough FF's for that, then I'll do whatever else.....
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 AM   #15650
trailsaw
remember tomorrow

Oddometer: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Pete - Newdaze1 has no trouble putting his thru the woodz at a Fastburn pace. Nows your chance to shine.
true dat-after seeing him scoot on last year's T-Trot, I've been considering one of those for myself
trailsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #15651
Moabman
Ironman

Oddometer: 139
I'm up for fast burn this weekend. Let me know what you guys decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
Yeah Skid!!! What's going on??!! Still going through my bike for inspections and having to rejet it back down to sea level from my CO trip....if everything goes well I'll be up for a ride this weekend also....fastburn of course.....or if we don't have enough FF's for that, then I'll do whatever else.....
Old 08-31-2011, 02:31 PM   #15652
ElusivePedro
Layin' Low

Oddometer: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
Shit yeah!! I LOST that much on mine

That is a nice ride Pete! do the cheap mods and run it hard buddy!!
Hey Buzz - shoot me a PM with some pointers. I think I found a good thread or two already but hey - what the hell right?

Thanks so much for continuing to stimulate the local economy with your smokin hot losses!
"Buttercup" - '04 AN250 Helix
ElusivePedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #15653
Dr. Philgood
Living The Dream!!

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
Vic and I are going to Lillian on Saturday to look at possible beasty for me, so Sat is out but we could do something Sunday or even Monday since its a Holiday. Would be great to see Skittles again ! Anybody have anything good or bad to say about 2002 BMW 1150R. We got a nice one to check out but dont know shit about BMW. Thanks for any advise!
Dr. Philgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #15654
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke

Oddometer: 656
Let's plan on Sunday a.m. for a fastburn before the heat sets in and so Skittles can join in on the fun since he's packing up on Saturday. Im down for where ever!! Rejetted the bike today and she runs like a raped ape!!!! What a difference being at sea level makes!!!!!!!!!
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:02 AM   #15655
AST236
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Philgood View Post
Vic and I are going to Lillian on Saturday to look at possible beasty for me, so Sat is out but we could do something Sunday or even Monday since its a Holiday. Would be great to see Skittles again ! Anybody have anything good or bad to say about 2002 BMW 1150R. We got a nice one to check out but dont know shit about BMW. Thanks for any advise!

Phil, I'm on my 4th BMW and have generally gotten good service from them. They're not cheap to repair, but in my (admittedly limited) experience, they don't break much.

Post up some pics if you get it.

I don't like sand.
AST236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:09 AM   #15656
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by AST236 View Post
Phil, I'm on my 4th BMW and have generally gotten good service from them. They're not cheap to repair, but in my (admittedly limited) experience, they don't break much.

Post up some pics if you get it.
I have a 2000bmw gs with 60 k miles i beet the crap out of it just the bike is super easy to work on . parts are not that expensive . if you can do any maint on a ktm or modern japenese mxer . then u could probably overhaul a gs . the bikes are durable and last forever .
bzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:46 AM   #15657
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Here we go!

Phil is hooked on Beasty!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:55 AM   #15658
Dr. Philgood
Living The Dream!!

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzrider View Post
I have a 2000bmw gs with 60 k miles i beet the crap out of it just the bike is super easy to work on . parts are not that expensive . if you can do any maint on a ktm or modern japenese mxer . then u could probably overhaul a gs . the bikes are durable and last forever .

Yea this is a 2002 with 70,000 miles, so I am worried about what is about to go wrong. Caught some reports on people having transmission go out around 60-80 th miles, and costing 2000.00 bucks to get new ones.
Guy is asking 4500.00, so what would you say its worth with high milage? Thanks for info
Dr. Philgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:09 AM   #15659
frothingslosh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Yea this is a 2002 with 70,000 miles, so I am worried about what is about to go wrong. Caught some reports on people having transmission go out around 60-80 th miles, and costing 2000.00 bucks to get new ones.
Guy is asking 4500.00, so what would you say its worth with high milage? Thanks for info
Phil its awesome your looking! Wish I could give you some advice on the bike not sure but AJart may be able to chime in! I did see a nice looking well equiped tiger in the flea market yesterday evening, its located in Birmingham.
frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:33 AM   #15660
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,526
Tiger in B'ham
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721259