Old 09-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #16246
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJArt View Post
Like nike Ian.
Just do it!!

There is some real tight stuff, like mountain bike tight.. So your forewarned. Well I thought so, but then again I am not a fan of that 1st gear woods dicing stuff.

Hope to make it this year.. I will do mutt class and chill.
Art, Vic said that you did pretty well last year.....what class did you enter (just out of curiosity)?

Froth, what class did you enter last year and what class are you entering this year?

I can for sure see Phil and Vic in the BigDawg class, due to the many years of racing, who blow the shoes out of all of us, so who's doing what class?

Post up!!!
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #16247
Dr. Philgood
Living The Dream!!

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
Art, Vic said that you did pretty well last year.....what class did you enter (just out of curiosity)?

Froth, what class did you enter last year and what class are you entering this year?

I can for sure see Phil and Vic in the BigDawg class, due to the many years of racing, who blow the shoes out of all of us, so who's doing what class?

Post up!!!
Yea right!! I promoise neither Vic or Myself will be in the Big Dawg. There willl be AA fast guys there and that aint us. It will be the B class for us and we will get our asses handed to us,, but damnit it will be a blast!!!!! One of the things thats fun about Big Dawg is all the local motocross guys come out and do great off the start, but then the WOODS come up and you get to start passing some people! Our big 500+ KTooms will eat up the open stuff and you can pass lots of motocross bikes in the open feilds and red road stuff. I cant wait and already did 1 sit-up to start my training!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #16248
AST236
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,963
.....and already did 1 sit-up to start my training!

Easy there, big fella. You want to pace yourself. Don't exert all your energy at one time..

And remember to let your muscles rest at least a full day after such strenuous exercise.

Oh, and stay hydrated. I recommend beer after such a thorough workout. And maybe some chips....

I don't like sand.
AST236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #16249
Dr. Philgood
Living The Dream!!

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by AST236 View Post
.....and already did 1 sit-up to start my training!

Easy there, big fella. You want to pace yourself. Don't exert all your energy at one time..

And remember to let your muscles rest at least a full day after such strenuous exercise.

Oh, and stay hydrated. I recommend beer after such a thorough workout. And maybe some chips....

Yeah my Doctor said a year ago I needed to get into shape, and I siad ROUND is a shape asshole!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #16250
r_bin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Philgood View Post
Yeah my Doctor said a year ago I needed to get into shape, and I siad ROUND is a shape asshole!!!
r_bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #16251
Vico1
Takin' it Easy

Oddometer: 5,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_bin View Post
Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Can you get that Gas Gas back together for the Dawg. That is the weapon right there. Light is right for the Dawg.

Can I rent it for the day!!!

AST - good advice he wont listen to me.

Phil is right about the open stuff at the Dawg, but it is the perfect mix of tight and open. BTW -Pray it does NOT rain. welcome dust over mud and SLICK bridges. There is little sand here guys. Red clay or black gloop. Seems like last year was very dry, so you heard little of the bridges, even though I remember several folks stuck in mud holes, Froth was that you? But when it wet, dem little bridges is all you hear about.

Enough of that, shit that two weeks away...

BZ - you da man. Call the shots on the Saturday ride/n00b intro/sand techinque/have fun ADV ride....

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #16252
MadMax400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 918
Well I rode C class and let me say they are fast. Think I finished 6th with a broken handguard. Had to stop and stuff it in my backpack. C would be perfect for you iho.. That is what most of us did except vic.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:02 AM   #16253
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke

So I'm guessing it lays out like this, correct me if I'm wrong:
Big Dawg: AA class
Dog: B class
Puppy: C class
Mutt: I guess D riders....does D exist?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:10 AM   #16254
frothingslosh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:

Post up!!!
Ian I guess it was the C class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Can you get that Gas Gas back together for the Dawg. That is the weapon right there. Light is right for the Dawg.

Can I rent it for the day!!!

AST - good advice he wont listen to me.

Phil is right about the open stuff at the Dawg, but it is the perfect mix of tight and open. BTW -Pray it does NOT rain. welcome dust over mud and SLICK bridges. There is little sand here guys. Red clay or black gloop. Seems like last year was very dry, so you heard little of the bridges, even though I remember several folks stuck in mud holes, Froth was that you? But when it wet, dem little bridges is all you hear about.

Enough of that, shit that two weeks away...

BZ - you da man. Call the shots on the Saturday ride/n00b intro/sand techinque/have fun ADV ride....
Vic yes I did get stuck the final lap, in fact Singletrack Jeff gave up his race to help me un-stick the big 530! It was a little wet at the start but ended up perfect by the end of the race!
frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:26 AM   #16255
HonMudDog
"ORIGINAL" LowBudgetRider

Oddometer: 113
Big Dawg Fun Run Oct.16

Few & Far between here again,
" THE " Randall Baker (distant cuz of Al Baker) & Trent Robinson's annual ride is 10am(start) sunday Oct 16 (will try to attach a flyer/map??) If attachment "FAILS ME" you may PM me back & I will mail/send you one or more to pass out.
For riders that never heard of,or been to, good loop thru the woods,harescrable style for local braggin smack,plz spread the word & try to support/attend & car-pool if possible(limited parking) $30 entry,no ama required ( FEES !! )
I plan to go but only have my 650 beast unless anybody knows of a scoot available that's titled(tag'd),smaller (lighter) trail bike. KTM would be great, need something for Whiting Feild OHV, regret selling my XR400 duallie.
Appreciate ya riders,
JP

XR650L aka " THE BEAST " tad modify'd ( 2 far farkel'd )
KTM 454 MXC RFS
Safer thru trees @ 45 mph than on tarmac w/caged cell yapping clowns
HonMudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #16256
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonMudDog View Post
Few & Far between here again,
" THE " Randall Baker (distant cuz of Al Baker) & Trent Robinson's annual ride is 10am(start) sunday Oct 16 (will try to attach a flyer/map??) If attachment "FAILS ME" you may PM me back & I will mail/send you one or more to pass out.
For riders that never heard of,or been to, good loop thru the woods,harescrable style for local braggin smack,plz spread the word & try to support/attend & car-pool if possible(limited parking) $30 entry,no ama required ( FEES !! )
I plan to go but only have my 650 beast unless anybody knows of a scoot available that's titled(tag'd),smaller (lighter) trail bike. KTM would be great, need something for Whiting Feild OHV, regret selling my XR400 duallie.
Appreciate ya riders,
JP
So do sign-ups start at 1000 or does the actually Running (Racing......) start at 1000. If so, what time should we be there to sign up?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #16257
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,895
Quote:
-Pray it does NOT rain. welcome dust over mud and SLICK bridges. There is little sand here guys. Red clay or black gloop. Seems like last year was very dry, so you heard little of the bridges, even though I remember several folks stuck in mud holes, Froth was that you? But when it wet, dem little bridges is all you hear about...
dude I rode up there one weekend just to get away from the norm, back when I was still flogging the XT. i got that bike stuck up to the handlebars in one of the mudholes, somewhere in the 'crazy train' section. that sucked. had to walk out and find a 4 wheeler, then yank the bike out with a tow strap. after spending about 2 hours trying to dig it out by hand. if you see a mudhole - KEEP LEFT!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #16258
Vico1
Takin' it Easy

Oddometer: 5,532
Focus People!!!

Quote:
So do sign-ups start at 1000 or does the actually Running (Racing......) start at 1000. If so, what time should we be there to sign up?
Race STARTS at 10:AM so get there by 9AM. As pumped up as you are maybe yyou should go up there now.

Hint dont sign up until the last minute and then pick the class with the least people.

NOW ABOUT THIS WEEKEND

Who all is up for Saturday morning at Hutton Unit and ride Blackwater for a slow ride...

BZ you gonna make it and show us the way!

If no n00bs we can buzz around Brox instead....

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #16259
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,588
Quote:
Race STARTS at 10:AM so get there by 9AM. As pumped up as you are maybe yyou should go up there now.

Hint dont sign up until the last minute and then pick the class with the least people.

NOW ABOUT THIS WEEKEND

Who all is up for Saturday morning at Hutton Unit and ride Blackwater for a slow ride...

i will be there i wanted to ride brox but my permit is out . i will be at hutton at 8.00 .i have never riden hutton but there are some cool places i havent been in awile , like i said a mix of everything .
bzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #16260
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:

NOW ABOUT THIS WEEKEND

Im gonna convince Richard (my son) to come on out and uphold the family name...LOL

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote