ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #20701
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,303
After at 16 hour day for Apperson (including running new fuel line - yes on NEW 2013 KTM 450 XC-W) App did get it squarred away and we decided to RIDE!

But we did manage a quick chekc in ride and Barney was able to show us northern loop.



And there IS a waterfall in BW... Look between these ugly guys....




Fun day. New KTMs are truely awesome machines...
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms

Vico1 screwed with this post 07-22-2012 at 04:45 PM
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #20702
AST236
Beastly Adventurer
 
AST236's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Lower Alabama
Oddometer: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Met up with AST for breakfast and a sweet ride around the bay, up through DF Springs and back down thru Eglin for a nice 100 miler...

No pics for me but AST took a few. Perhaps he will post from the condo on the beach...

We got HAILed on. It hurt...

Ah the adventures....

BTW thanks for buying breakfast

My pleasure buddy. Thanks for taking the morning to show me around. There really ARE some curvy roads in Florida, even if you do have to ride a while to get to them. Had a great time and spent most of the rest of the weekend hauling Melissa and the girls around. Had a great time but am glad to be home.
__________________
I usually run out of talent before I run out of horsepower.


KTM budget/DR350 skill set.....
AST236 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #20703
Dirtwoman
Plexus Princess
 
Dirtwoman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Pcola
Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
But we did manage a quick chekc in ride and Barney was able to show us northern loop.
And there IS a waterfall in BW... Look between these ugly guys.....
I have heard of such water fall..... I see smiles so that means good day.

We also had a good ride this am. It started off at 6 am at Affle Waffle to fuel up for fun.....We did 90 miles today. I got see a "de-railer"... His technique and energy was amazing! Those boys kept me hopping... I had a great time even though I was a little sore from yesterday's ride. I have always heard "keep moving or your body will stove up" the older I get, the better I understand this... Oh and I ride OK for a girl... I didn't get many pictures, but here are couple.


Is it me or do they all look like they are peeeing??
Dirtwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #20704
Barney
I reckon so
 
Barney's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtwoman View Post
Is it me or do they all look like they are peeeing??
Or praying?
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #20705
Barney
I reckon so
 
Barney's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Fun day. New KTMs are truely awesome machines...
Enjoyed it.

Thanks for not offering a test ride, my wallet can't afford for me to know how great those new KTM's are. Guess I need a magic couch.
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #20706
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney View Post
Enjoyed it.

Thanks for not offering a test ride, my wallet can't afford for me to know how great those new KTM's are. Guess I need a magic couch.
You know of course you only have to ask, but it is strange how many who ride one end up with one...Just sayin...

Of course they are giving em away for 8K now! So how can you resist...

Thanks for the ride at such a late minutes notice... get yer bike right?

Another observation.... It seems to me I was pushing pretty hard my multi- $K bike to keep up with you - who looked like you were our for a Sunday Ride- oh you were, and I dont believe you paid near that for your scoot... sooo somethings not adding up....
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms

Vico1 screwed with this post 07-22-2012 at 06:50 PM
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #20707
Barney
I reckon so
 
Barney's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
You know of course you only have to ask, but it is strange how many who ride one end up with one...Just sayin...

Of course they are giving em away for 8K now! So how can you resist...

Thanks for the ride at such a late minutes notice... get yer bike right?
Only 8k? Thats about 6 and a half KLRs.

All good now, just trash in the carb.
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #20708
Barney
I reckon so
 
Barney's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Another observation.... It seems to me I was pushing pretty hard my multi- $K bike to keep up with you - who looked like you were our for a Sunday Ride- oh you were, and I dont believe you paid near that for your scoot... sooo somethings not adding up....
Growling orange bikes up my backside = motivation.

Definately can't complain about the smiles per dollar I've gotten out of that DR.
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #20709
OnTheBoil
Padawan Learner
 
OnTheBoil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Cradle of Naval Aviation
Oddometer: 21
Good Work

Went out to the OHV park in development over at Whiting Field to help break in trail w/ Hatch, Trail Snail, SingleTrackJeff, and company. A big thank you to the few who have really put the effort into making this happen, it was a lot fun, I finally got to teach the 690 about singletrack and it taught me about front flips.
__________________
Brakes are for quitters.
OnTheBoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #20710
TrAiL-SnAiL
n00b
 
TrAiL-SnAiL's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Pensacola, Gulf Breeze
Oddometer: 7
Laugh Ohv

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBoil View Post
Went out to the OHV park in development over at Whiting Field to help break in trail w/ Hatch, Trail Snail, SingleTrackJeff, and company. A big thank you to the few who have really put the effort into making this happen, it was a lot fun, I finally got to teach the 690 about singletrack and it taught me about front flips.
+1 for me as well ... Thank-you for the invite to shred some Narley trails. Riding with some of these guys make me realize how far I still need to go before I am ready to eat single track like butter, but as well praised my green-ability lol. It is unfortunate that James' kTm is an Axe murderer ... would have been fun to finish out the day with him riding.. but what doesn't kill you makes you more aware and hurting like hell. Thanks again and if you guys need help I am always willing to volunteer when I can. And remember " when in doubt,Gas it!" (Hatch) Lol.
TrAiL-SnAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:41 AM   #20711
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke
 
MItrnsplnt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Brigantine, NJ
Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
After at 16 hour day for Apperson (including running new fuel line - yes on NEW 2013 KTM 450 XC-W) App did get it squarred away and we decided to RIDE!

But we did manage a quick chekc in ride and Barney was able to show us northern loop.



And there IS a waterfall in BW... Look between these ugly guys....




Fun day. New KTMs are truely awesome machines...
Vic,

Just had to ask since Steve isn't really on here.....from the pic and as you said he bought a XC-W (no turn signals and smog items) and I'm noticing no license plate either....was he able to register it here in FL for the street or did he take the chance and just run it around for the day? Also, what was the issue with the fuel line? $8K....where and for which bike, EXC, XCW...?
__________________
'09 KTM 530EXC (do-it-all workhorse)
'04 KTM 250EXC (ST switchblade)
'13 Sherco 3.0 (trials billy-goat)
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:27 AM   #20712
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
Vic,

Just had to ask since Steve isn't really on here.....from the pic and as you said he bought a XC-W (no turn signals and smog items) and I'm noticing no license plate either....was he able to register it here in FL for the street or did he take the chance and just run it around for the day? Also, what was the issue with the fuel line? $8K....where and for which bike, EXC, XCW...?
He picked it up Saturday so no time to register. Yes he can get it titled in Florida. No turn signals yet. He did have his paper work with him incase. He will transfer his KTM 200 (which he traded in) tag.

Fuel line had a hole in it. This has happened on several of the new ones. In almost the same place. Just replace the whole thing. No biggied but damn!

Im quoting 8k for used 2012s that are out there. Dont know the price of a new 2013 but its close to 10K... sorry...
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:10 AM   #20713
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 9,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post

Of course they are giving em away for 8K now! So how can you resist...



That's too much for a chucklehead!

I think I'll resist enough and maybe get one when they're about $2-3K. of course that will be about 10 years from now
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #20714
bgpapachew
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: pcola baby
Oddometer: 3
even though i had a nasty one on sunday i was truely impressed by the way that dirtwoman bulldozed her way through those waterholes keep on keepin on girl till next time after i heal up of course
bgpapachew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #20715
AST236
Beastly Adventurer
 
AST236's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Lower Alabama
Oddometer: 1,869
Since all adventures, large and small, demand documentation to be deemed real, here's a pic of me, my trusty steed and Vico1's Strom from last Thursday.

Thanks again Vic for playing tourguide..........


__________________
I usually run out of talent before I run out of horsepower.


KTM budget/DR350 skill set.....
AST236 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014