ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #20776
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life
 
waysherr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: P'cola
Oddometer: 446
[QUOTE=Best of luck on the surgery. Take care and get well by the Trot IV...[/QUOTE]



Thanx Vic! I WILL be at the trot......and anything else you can conjure up (like maybe cheha ) after 9/24 I'll have catching up to do
__________________
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth the ride.
waysherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #20777
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life
 
waysherr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: P'cola
Oddometer: 446
[QUOTE=So that should mean that you have one more weekend to ride [/QUOTE]


I'm working a shutdown thru Sunday everybody have fun and be safe....
__________________
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth the ride.
waysherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #20778
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by waysherr View Post
Thanx Vic! I WILL be at the trot......and anything else you can conjure up (like maybe cheha ) after 9/24 I'll have catching up to do
I had back surgery about six years ago. It's truly amazing what a good surgeon can do.

I was back on the bike in about four weeks.

Good luck!
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #20779
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life
 
waysherr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: P'cola
Oddometer: 446
[QUOTE=I was back on the bike in about four weeks.Good luck![/QUOTE]


That sounds encouragingthanks wr
__________________
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth the ride.
waysherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #20780
ElusivePedro
Layin' Low
 
ElusivePedro's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oddometer: 2,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Thanks guys good info.

I actually installed the PC without removing the tank but good info for the air filter.

PC has done nothing for me so far but Im trying different maps...

Scorpions look awesome.. cant wait to try em..

Now for crimping chain tool and Im done...
Yah I was able to finagle my connection to the PC w/o removing the tank, but on my 2006 version - it - was - tight.

I had cans on mine and it was lean mid range. The PC made a very noticible difference (at least to me anyway). After the two brothers cans and the PC, when you did a heavy roll on into 2nd gear, there was an inch or two of air under the front tire - easy. Very entertaining stuff. One of the security guards at the Hurlburt Main Gate told me to stop doing that crap during one of my ID checks in the AM. I said "Hey man - it's just a big dirt bike." And he said "Yeah, Suuuuure it is." He was nice about it though, and I never did it again. [ ]
__________________
Pete
Wet Compass & Depends
"Frank" - '89 XL600V Transalp
"Buttercup" - '04 AN250 Helix
ElusivePedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #20781
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusivePedro View Post
I had cans on mine and it was lean mid range. The PC made a very noticible difference (at least to me anyway). After the two brothers cans and the PC, when you did a heavy roll on into 2nd gear, there was an inch or two of air under the front tire - easy. Very entertaining stuff. . [ ]
I have a 2002 so of course it has some issues, mainly a clutch chatter which is my main gripe about this bike. about 3 bill to fix if I do labor...

But when the bike is ridden like its suppose to be, there is no problems, its only when I cursin at low rpm, or low speed around town that it lurches, and "hunts" for a smooth ride. Drive me crazy...I want it to ride like Phils BMW below 4k and itself above.... time will tell.

BTW - I have two sets of used tires 19"front and 17 rear that are still in very good condition. If anyone is interested PM me. Guy at shop wondered why I was changing since there was plenty of miles left... I just admitted I was a dumb ass.
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #20782
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
I have a 2002 so of course it has some issues, mainly a clutch chatter which is my main gripe about this bike. about 3 bill to fix if I do labor...

But when the bike is ridden like its suppose to be, there is no problems, its only when I cursin at low rpm, or low speed around town that it lurches, and "hunts" for a smooth ride. Drive me crazy...I want it to ride like Phils BMW below 4k and itself above.... time will tell.

BTW - I have two sets of used tires 19"front and 17 rear that are still in very good condition. If anyone is interested PM me. Guy at shop wondered why I was changing since there was plenty of miles left... I just admitted I was a dumb ass.
I bet those Pirelli's look good!
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #20783
ElusivePedro
Layin' Low
 
ElusivePedro's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oddometer: 2,588
And simply, Rick. THATS what matters!

I love the smell of new rubber in the morning!
__________________
Pete
Wet Compass & Depends
"Frank" - '89 XL600V Transalp
"Buttercup" - '04 AN250 Helix
ElusivePedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #20784
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,888
Yes they do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods Rider View Post
I bet those Pirelli's look good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusivePedro View Post
And simply, Rick. THATS what matters!

I love the smell of new rubber in the morning!


One of the many things Rick and I have resolved around the campfire over the many years is that once you get it in your mind, its done.

If the real wheel is loosing traction cause the tire is the wrong pattern then 500 review by expert riders stating a different opinion don't mean shit...

I felt like I needed a high speed rated tire even though I hope to neve see 100mph....

Here are the three tires.. new Perili Scorpion, Shinko Trail Masters (for sale), removed Bridgestone (you dont want).
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #20785
etingelefunts
retem-odo
 
etingelefunts's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Southeastern U.S.
Oddometer: 812
Preppin'

Ordered;
  • Leatt GPX Pro Neck Brace
  • Pair of Pod K700 Knee Braces
  • Allsport OH2 Wrist Brace (for my gimpy right wrist)
  • Leatt Adventure Body Protector
  • H2 Hydration Pack
  • Leatt Coolit Vest (new model not on web yet)
Still hunting on;
  • Jersey/pants combo. Thinking Troy Lee
  • MX style helmet and goggles. Something Shoei for my long oval alien gourd
  • MX boots Alpinestar Tech Series, not sure which. Checking for a boot that is wide.
Open to suggestions on the hunting part
__________________
Less pondering. Simply march ahead, to the ends of this majestic planet.
etingelefunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #20786
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz
 
skid=mark's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Back in the Sandbox
Oddometer: 789
huntin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by etingelefunts View Post
Ordered;
  • Leatt GPX Pro Neck Brace
  • Pair of Pod K700 Knee Braces
  • Allsport OH2 Wrist Brace (for my gimpy right wrist)
  • Leatt Adventure Body Protector
  • H2 Hydration Pack
  • Leatt Coolit Vest (new model not on web yet)
Still hunting on;
  • Jersey/pants combo. Thinking Troy Lee
  • MX style helmet and goggles. Something Shoei for my long oval alien gourd
  • MX boots Alpinestar Tech Series, not sure which. Checking for a boot that is wide.
Open to suggestions on the hunting part

I am partial to a Weatherby 7mm, with a 4-inch barrel .44 Mag side arm. But ...that's just me...
__________________
2012 Husaberg TE300: Like a KTM--only bettah 2007 Suzuki DR650: ...SuMo or dirt?--definitely DIRT
2010 Ducati Hypermotard:
Hooligan machine 1974 Kawasaki H2 750: Denco pipes, ported
Anybody can go fast in a straight line...
skid=mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #20787
etingelefunts
retem-odo
 
etingelefunts's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Southeastern U.S.
Oddometer: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by skid=mark View Post
I am partial to a Weatherby 7mm, with a 4-inch barrel .44 Mag side arm. But ...that's just me...
At first all I saw was "Weatherby 7mm, with a 4-inch barrel."
That would require a wrist AND elbow brace.
__________________
Less pondering. Simply march ahead, to the ends of this majestic planet.
etingelefunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #20788
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,888
[QUOTE[*]Jersey/pants combo. Thinking Troy Lee[*]MX style helmet and goggles. Something Shoei for my long oval alien gourd[*]MX boots Alpinestar Tech Series, not sure which. Checking for a boot that is wide. [/LIST]Open to suggestions on the hunting part[/QUOTE]

My two cents:

You might want to consider the type of riding. If you are NOT gonna MX then you may not need all the heavy gear and may want to consider lighter more comfortable (even less expensive grear) for example:

Alpinestar Tech 6 is what I have been wearing for the last 5 years (yep same boot). They are much lighter and easier to walk in the Tech 8 or 10... if you get a chance pick up the two side by side for weight difference. There are many times when I have enjoyed the lighter boot (like walking down to a waterfall or walking out of the woods)...

Pants with pockets are very handy for DS riding and I like the over the boot type since its not so MXy lookin... good for going into country stores without look looking like Mad Max.

Get a VENTED jersey....you can wear long sleeves under it during the three days its gets cold around here.

Full face and as expensive as you can afford. You may hit tree one day....

Good luck!
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #20789
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
[QUOTE[*]Jersey/pants combo. Thinking Troy Lee[*]MX style helmet and goggles. Something Shoei for my long oval alien gourd[*]MX boots Alpinestar Tech Series, not sure which. Checking for a boot that is wide. [/LIST]Open to suggestions on the hunting part
My two cents:

You might want to consider the type of riding. If you are NOT gonna MX then you may not need all the heavy gear and may want to consider lighter more comfortable (even less expensive grear) for example:

Alpinestar Tech 6 is what I have been wearing for the last 5 years (yep same boot). They are much lighter and easier to walk in the Tech 8 or 10... if you get a chance pick up the two side by side for weight difference. There are many times when I have enjoyed the lighter boot (like walking down to a waterfall or walking out of the woods)...

Pants with pockets are very handy for DS riding and I like the over the boot type since its not so MXy lookin... good for going into country stores without look looking like Mad Max.

Get a VENTED jersey....you can wear long sleeves under it during the three days its gets cold around here.

Full face and as expensive as you can afford. You may hit tree one day....

Good luck![/QUOTE]

I think the finest gear for these parts is Moose Sahara! The jerseys and pants are fully VENTED and will keep you cool. The pants are MX style though.

I,concour with Vic about the helmet. I've been wearing Arai Windham's for the past five or six years. Best $500 spent.
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #20790
freebornman
pointman
 
freebornman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: where abouts unknown
Oddometer: 1,230
info.

?
__________________
Life is a journey,,,So take some trails.

freebornman screwed with this post 08-14-2012 at 06:32 PM
freebornman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014