My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:42 AM   #21422
Gimmee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Yea I think I dodged another bullet.... I hate to pull 14hrs to a mud fest....But it is one of the better DS out there.

I figured guys would be returning today.

Gimmie? How did you like it?

My scooter had 50lbs of mud on it. No rain Sat night trails went from slop to bitchin on Sun. Didn't ride Sun Wussed out-too tired. Met Jack Penton. Had fun-going back next year!!
Gimmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:30 AM   #21423
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidinitaly View Post
And the hits just keep on coming!!! I swear, I should have never taken videos of any riding anywhere... it always causes more work and headache in the end... No need to ask what I mean, I'm just venting. - everything is just too damn PC these days!
Am I missing something here.....what vid are you talking about?
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #21424
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,823
Awesome Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
Man that was a great vid ... the best ever... all those shots of MItrnsplnt sliding thru turns and getting air and of course the wheelies.... totally awesome... thanks for posting...

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #21425
reidinitaly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
Apparently my videos (save a couple) have caused waves over the last few months and they have been criticized… I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and all, but damn – one day they’re good to go and the next, well, deletions happen. I pay my hard earned money for the cameras, spend even more valuable time editing/uploading and people just aren’t happy. So when someone gets bent out of shape, I get the messages to please remove/edit title etc… I’ll do it because I’m one hell of a nice guy, but it’s really starting to wear on me. You can only get pushed so far on stuff before you start to get belligerent. Guess I’m there already!

Keep the Rubber Side Down
reidinitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #21426
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,979
Quote:
Apparently my videos (save a couple) have caused waves over the last few months and they have been criticized… I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and all, but damn – one day they’re good to go and the next, well, deletions happen. I pay my hard earned money for the cameras, spend even more valuable time editing/uploading and people just aren’t happy. So when someone gets bent out of shape, I get the messages to please remove/edit title etc… I’ll do it because I’m one hell of a nice guy, but it’s really starting to wear on me. You can only get pushed so far on stuff before you start to get belligerent. Guess I’m there already!
look man I tried to keep this on pms but if you insist on making everything as viewable as possible, by those who hate us dirtbikers, then here it is

The Florida Forest Service IS WATCHING THIS SITE. They feel like we are riding willy nilly on the ohv area without paying the proper fees and before the proper agreements are in place. this is a BIG PROBLEM with the head foresters in tallahassee.

NO ONE here locally is pissed at you Reid, if you re-read my apology to you in a private message, youll see that I said "sorry man, I know you put alot of money in the camera, time in taking and editing the video, and you're proud of a well made product. but it is simply jeopardizing the future of this riding area."

I dont know how much clearer I can make it man, we dont have a problem with you or your awesome videos, its the state that does.

by the way, all of you will notice the riding area thread has been deleted. this is on purpose. Let's try to just let this all quiet down, let dust settle, let sleeping dogs lie, etc.. until the go ahead is issued from tallahassee. then when everything is said and done, we will have florida's third state ohv riding area, built and maintained by local riders for all of our benefit!

Hatch screwed with this post 09-12-2012 at 10:18 AM
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #21427
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Man that was a great vid ... the best ever... all those shots of MItrnsplnt sliding thru turns and getting air and of course the wheelies.... totally awesome... thanks for posting...
There was no vid ... damn I was just messing with Ian....

I am totally lost now. What does the OHV park have do do with us riding BW?

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #21428
ineptizoid
they all do that

Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
The Florida Forest Service IS WATCHING THIS SITE.
And they ain't the only ones, just sayin. +1 to everything Hatch said, but especially this.

There's no shortage of people who would like to keep us all out of EG and BW; giving them more ammo (figuratively speaking) to shoot at us is counterproductive, to say the least.

*Back into PAR Lurk Mode*

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #21429
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer: 445
Berg

Skid, I "marked" your berg at Bob's today.......
Old 09-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #21430
reidinitaly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
look man I tried to keep this on pms but if you insist on making everything as viewable as possible, by those who hate us dirtbikers, then here it is

The Florida Forest Service IS WATCHING THIS SITE. They feel like we are riding willy nilly on the ohv area without paying the proper fees and before the proper agreements are in place. this is a BIG PROBLEM with the head foresters in tallahassee.

NO ONE here locally is pissed at you Reid, if you re-read my apology to you in a private message, youll see that I said "sorry man, I know you put alot of money in the camera, time in taking and editing the video, and you're proud of a well made product. but it is simply jeopardizing the future of this riding area."

nothing said about any of your other vids from blackwater or eglin - not by me. this only pertains to anything having to do with the word "whiting" and when you google whiting ohv or whiting field ohv, your videos are the FIRST THING that comes up. and while they are excellent videos, they are also hard proof that there is riding going on, that doesn't involve work.

yes I know this is completely assbackwards of the state to think that we're going to build trails without riding them but if thats what it is going to take, then thats what itll take.

I dont know how much clearer I can make it man, we dont have a problem with you or your awesome videos, its the state that does.

by the way, all of you will notice the whiting thread has been deleted. this is on purpose. Let's try to just let this all quiet down, let dust settle, let sleeping dogs lie, etc.. until the go ahead is issued from tallahassee. then when everything is said and done, we will have florida's third state ohv riding area, built and maintained by local riders for all of our benefit!
HATCH,

I did read your PM's and yes, I do understand that you apologize for asking me to remove my videos. I would have let sleeping dogs lie and that would have been the end of it, but no, you wanted to turn it arround and put ME on blast (see red highlighted area above in YOUR post). You need to re-read my posts - Nothing in my recent posts on ADV had anything pointing at any particular person, persons or group. You aren't the first to contact me (on PM's or Youtube) and ask me to edit something of mine. So I say again, nothing I put on ADV was pointed at anyone directly! I said nothing of WHITING FIELD OHV, nor did I put you out there as the one pushing for video removal/editing. All I in-iterated to was that I was getting tired of so many people criticizing the videos titles, speeds portrayed in them, and the such.

As for your Goggle.com skills, I applaud them! Don't blame me for having my video be the first one that pops up even though I initially changed the name and then later, went in and deleted the entire series (per your request to hide the areas we ride), blame google... These videos had been up for over six months and I know more than a couple of the WFO (Whiting Field OHV) riders have shared them on multiple occasions on Facebook and other media facets. Make sure you track them down as well, they may have downloaded it long a ago and it could sneak up again!!!

I truly understand how important that riding area will be for everyone and I'm equally aware about EGLIN and BW as well. I would never want to do anything on purpose to jeopardize those areas for any of you, nor the future NOOBs that wish to try out our fine sport. Thus my actions in re-naming or even deleting my work, it was done with understanding, but don't be so pompous as to think you control me or my property (even at the possible expense of hurting your riding area). If I want to "vaguely" bitch for just a bit because my time, energy and money didn't pan out the way I had hoped, let me. I didn't reply back to you with a big F/U on the PM's and tell you to go pack sand, I did as you asked.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #21431
reidinitaly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waysherr View Post
Skid, I "marked" your berg at Bob's today.......
Marked it, hell, he let me ride it!!! That thing will be a blast when he gets the sus'penders dialed in. I wish I had an extra $9K laying around to pick up a 'Berg or Katoom 300 XC and do all my goodies to it... it is good to dream isn't it? Thank God I already have one of my dream bikes sitting in my garage right now (albeit still dirty from last weekend)...

Old 09-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #21432
MadMax400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 968
reidinitaly videos

reidinitaly,
Keep the videos coming. Dont give a crap about what the whiners say. And no need to justify yourself. Your doing fine.

In about a month the temps should start dropping a bit and the riding will pick up...
BTW I got me trail tech stand on order.. Going to mess with my susp a bit as well. Back shock is set spot on for static and rider sag.. Right at 35 & 100mm. Time to play with the clickers..
Any tips appreciated.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #21433
reidinitaly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax400 View Post
reidinitaly,
Keep the videos coming. Dont give a crap about what the whiners say.

In about a month the temps should start dropping a bit and the riding will pick up...
BTW I got me trail tech stand on order.. Going to mess with my susp a bit as well. Back shock is set spot on for static and rider sag.. Right at 35 & 100mm. Time to play with the clickers..
Any tips appreciated.
When you set your rider sag, do you do it in full riding gear, full tank of fuel, camel bak, tool pouch, everything you take riding with you? Also, be very aware as to where you sit while riding and try your best to sit in the same location when setting sag (best to have a friend help). A couple of inches too far forward can have drastic results on setting your "actual" rider sag, because when you get out in the sand, we have a tendency to ride a bit further back. If your pre-load is set for a forward / attack riding position, and your ride over the rear wheel, your forks will feel too stiff as your riding low in the rear... Other than that, make sure you don't have too much preload cranked into your forks as that can cause them to feel like they want to push as well...

Old 09-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #21434
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,979
Quote:
HATCH,
not sure why we're arguing about this, its over and done with, and as said before, I greatly appreciate you cooperating with all of us riders who are trying to get the park started, and I hope this doesn't dissuade you from joining in the fun once it's open.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #21435
reidinitaly
Gnarly Adventurer

We haven't begun to argue... Simple statements of fact. Run your world, I'll run mine. Videos will be reposted...

Quote:
not sure why we're arguing about this, its over and done with, and as said before, I greatly appreciate you cooperating with all of us riders who are trying to get the park started, and I hope this doesn't dissuade you from joining in the fun once it's open.