ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #22486
Dr. Philgood
Living The Dream!!
 
Dr. Philgood's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Ft Walton Beach,FL (A.K.A. Flatkistan)
Oddometer: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods Rider View Post
February 16 th is the first round of the East so that'll work. Debbie says its ok so lets get a party planned!
Sweet! In in and will bring some kick ass BBQ Chicken and Baby Backs ribs for the party! Reed should already have championship locked up by then, but will still be fun to watch! Cant wait & thanks to you and Debbie for letting us use the home again. Are wifes/ girlfriends invited also? I cant bring both obviously
__________________
LivingTheDream!!!
Dr. Philgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #22487
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz
 
skid=mark's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Back in the Sandbox
Oddometer: 754
Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetosail View Post
Btw, if I could rant for just a moment: wtf is up with the state of Florida?!?! 4 times higher insurance than Chicago for the same coverage, and I just had to pay $747 to register and title my new bike. Crazy!

Who do you have insurance with? Geico was the best deal I found...was Illinois a "no-fault" state?
__________________
2012 Husaberg TE300: Like a KTM--only bettah 2007 Suzuki DR650: ...SuMo or dirt?--definitely DIRT
2010 Ducati Hypermotard:
Hooligan machine 1974 Kawasaki H2 750: Denco pipes, ported
Anybody can go fast in a straight line...

skid=mark screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 03:45 PM Reason: misspelled a word
skid=mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #22488
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke
 
MItrnsplnt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Brigantine, NJ
Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Philgood View Post
Sweet! In in and will bring some kick ass BBQ Chicken and Baby Backs ribs for the party! Reed should already have championship locked up by then, but will still be fun to watch! Cant wait & thanks to you and Debbie for letting us use the home again. Are wifes/ girlfriends invited also? I cant bring both obviously
Pending my work/flight schedule, I'd be in also!! I can also bring something good to eat to add to the mix! Blah, blah, blah Reed...He's old and broken...good, but another Windham now. I think that Barcia is going to be a contender for the title....Lites Champion looking to make a name for himself. You remember what he did to Villapoto/Dungey when he raced two rounds in the outdoors on a 450...he didn't give a f*ck who needed points or not.... He's my pick for this year and if he gets hurt, Villapoto will probably take it.
__________________
'09 KTM 530EXC (do-it-all workhorse)
'04 KTM 250EXC (ST switchblade)
'13 Sherco 3.0 (trials billy-goat)
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271

MItrnsplnt screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 04:05 PM
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #22489
Just_P_Dirty
Its more fun when Dirty!
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Oddometer: 272
finally got my parts from santa- aka ups. hopefully i can get my bike back together this weekend. got it also set up for the road just need to put it back together and change sprockets...
__________________
Dirty
Just_P_Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #22490
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
Pending my work/flight schedule, I'd be in also!! I can also bring something good to eat to add to the mix! Blah, blah, blah Reed...He's old and broken...good, but another Windham now. I think that Barcia is going to be a contender for the title....Lites Champion looking to make a name for himself. You remember what he did to Villapoto/Dungey when he raced two rounds in the outdoors on a 450...he didn't give a f*ck who needed points or not.... He's my pick for this year and if he gets hurt, Villapoto will probably take it.
Oh I can see the wine induced discussions now as the big screen flickers in the background...

We had a blast last time. Always a big thanks to Rick for even considering lettting us loose in his home...
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #22491
livetosail
Wayward Traveler
 
livetosail's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Pensacola, FL
Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by skid=mark View Post
Who do you have insurance with? Geico was the best deal I found...was Illinois a "no-fault" state?
Progressive. Yes, IL was a no-fault. They also recognized motorcycles as commuter vehicles as opposed to recreational vehicles as FL does. Since I don't own a car that makes a big difference for me...
__________________
05' R1200GS
92' K75
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
livetosail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #22492
MadMax400
Studly Adventurer
 
MadMax400's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Crestview, FL
Oddometer: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_P_Dirty View Post
finally got my parts from santa- aka ups. hopefully i can get my bike back together this weekend. got it also set up for the road just need to put it back together and change sprockets...

Road!!!
__________________
13' KTM 450 XC-W
MadMax400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #22493
cpg7562
just me..
 
cpg7562's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Pace, Fl - USA
Oddometer: 102
Dakar 2013!

Everyone got their DVRs set to record the first stage of the Dakar tonight/tomorrow morning? 1:30am on NBC sports net, ch 827 on mediacom.

196 motorbike entries - only 2 Americans (Johnny Campbell and Kevin Muggleton). 161 car entries only 1 American (Robby Gordon and his navigator Kellon Walch). No americans on Quads or in Trucks. So your US picks are slim this year, as usual.
__________________
Chris
'10 KTM 690 R

My Spot
cpg7562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #22494
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke
 
MItrnsplnt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Brigantine, NJ
Oddometer: 658
Brox!

Rotorhead and I rode/scouted Brox today to see how much of it was actually closed and lined off, and we rode 48 miles of uninterrupted closure except for the crater and even found some new trails that were awesome (off camber, up/down hills)....kind of like the snake trail but only better. The only thing is that it doesn't connect with anything at the end and you have to turn around....so we'll have to modify that one and make a connector. Snake trail is still accessible too without any issues! Did puddle road out to Escribiano Pt and some semi-deep puddles, but nothing crazy. Overall Brox still rips and it was a blast today! Lets get this locale back in the mix! Hunters were there, but minimal...and somewhat courteous with some hand waves....
__________________
'09 KTM 530EXC (do-it-all workhorse)
'04 KTM 250EXC (ST switchblade)
'13 Sherco 3.0 (trials billy-goat)
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #22495
ElusivePedro
Layin' Low
 
ElusivePedro's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oddometer: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg7562 View Post
Everyone got their DVRs set to record the first stage of the Dakar tonight/tomorrow morning? 1:30am on NBC sports net, ch 827 on mediacom.

196 motorbike entries - only 2 Americans (Johnny Campbell and Kevin Muggleton). 161 car entries only 1 American (Robby Gordon and his navigator Kellon Walch). No americans on Quads or in Trucks. So your US picks are slim this year, as usual.
Thanks for that reminder - TO THE DVR!
__________________
Pete
Wet Compass & Depends
"Frank" - '89 XL600V Transalp
"Buttercup" - '04 AN250 Helix
ElusivePedro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #22496
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
Rotorhead and I rode/scouted Brox today to see how much of it was actually closed and lined off, and we rode 48 miles of uninterrupted closure except for the crater and even found some new trails that were awesome (off camber, up/down hills)....kind of like the snake trail but only better. The only thing is that it doesn't connect with anything at the end and you have to turn around....so we'll have to modify that one and make a connector. Snake trail is still accessible too without any issues! Did puddle road out to Escribiano Pt and some semi-deep puddles, but nothing crazy. Overall Brox still rips and it was a blast today! Lets get this locale back in the mix! Hunters were there, but minimal...and somewhat courteous with some hand waves....
I was just thuinking about heading out there in the morning! Thanks for the update Ian!
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #22497
ElusivePedro
Layin' Low
 
ElusivePedro's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oddometer: 2,587
Question PAR Guys...

When I sell my '97 LC4, I am interested in a "late-model" 2-smoke KTM (what - an '07?). No more than ~$5/6k -- and then I am IN again (tall order, I know). I am getting too old and weak to pick up 4 strokes, no matter the displacement. Lemme know if something blips on your radars within that range. At sweatfest (m'not sure of the title, but where i rented the shitter at on mad's place) When there, Vic's buddy had one that was like about $8k. Dude didn't stick around long but I was LUSTING on what I saw. I like the torque of 4 strokes, but prefer the weight factor of 2 smokers. Just thinking out loud. I'm probably stupid to even think that such a thing even exists...
__________________
Pete
Wet Compass & Depends
"Frank" - '89 XL600V Transalp
"Buttercup" - '04 AN250 Helix
ElusivePedro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #22498
Barney
I reckon so
 
Barney's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusivePedro View Post
When I sell my '97 LC4, I am interested in a "late-model" 2-smoke KTM (what - an '07?). No more than ~$5/6k -- and then I am IN again (tall order, I know). I am getting too old and weak to pick up 4 strokes, no matter the displacement. Lemme know if something blips on your radars within that range. At sweatfest (m'not sure of the title, but where i rented the shitter at on mad's place) When there, Vic's buddy had one that was like about $8k. Dude didn't stick around long but I was LUSTING on what I saw. I like the torque of 4 strokes, but prefer the weight factor of 2 smokers. Just thinking out loud. I'm probably stupid to even think that such a thing even exists...
Be nice to see you back on the trail Pete. Seen plenty of street legal KTM 2 smokes around.
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #22499
Barney
I reckon so
 
Barney's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 887
Did a little ride and dine with these folk's today.





Surprised KLR's aren't lined up around the block with the lunch prices they have here.
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #22500
ineptizoid
they all do that
 
ineptizoid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Underachievement Nexus of the Universe
Oddometer: 5,333
Two Cousins--home of hi-quality food at KLR prices!

Did Wildman ride a buncha big mondo wheelies on that Ducati? That's what I woulda done.

But only if Swampy wasn't around
__________________
*FAIL*

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014