ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #23161
Hatch
PAR OG
 
Hatch's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montrose, Co
Oddometer: 2,946
Love the racing chatter!

The new technology transponders are a small strip like transponders on merchandise in a store - this will make racing much cheaper. SERA already has incorporated it into the kids races, and I believe nationals are using it now too. Hopefully soon everyone will adopt the new technology - still works with the old transponder readers so clubs don't have to invest in new tech - just start handing out the new transponders for $5 a piece instead of 25!

Also, the number plate thing - it depends on the club. When I worked the hard labor creek HS all riders in all classes had a simple piece of cardstock with a sharpied number on it. made my job a little tough as the handwritten backup to the check, especially after a few laps and the mud was covering half the numbers..

Just make sure to check the sponsoring Club's rules before heading out the door - and bring plenty of cash, you'll want a race shirt. plus that helps out the club!
__________________
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #23162
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,736
Racing Chatter

I have always thought of ADV as the place where old racer migrated after years of going fast.... not as a breeding/proving ground for new racers...

Good for you guys...

GAS ON
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #23163
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
I have always thought of ADV as the place where old racer migrated after years of going fast.... not as a breeding/proving ground for new racers...

Good for you guys...

GAS ON
Plus 1 Vic.
Something happened in my racing career between "a gonna be" and
a "has been".

And that was "nuthin".
__________________
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #23164
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
Plus 1 Vic.
Something happened in my racing career between "a gonna be" and
a "has been".

And that was "nuthin".
Ha ha me too!

Got a couple rooms full of trophies and plaques, a TON of t-shirts and more memories than I can share.

Racing is fun, challenging and affordable!

Now gas it!
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #23165
MadMax400
Studly Adventurer
 
MadMax400's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Crestview, FL
Oddometer: 954
Hey its beginner class, i plan on taking a few stops to sip some water, stretch, watch a few riders go by.. then jump back in.. after all i have 1.5hrs..
__________________
13' KTM 450 XC-W
MadMax400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #23166
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods Rider View Post
Racing is fun, challenging and affordable!


how about "miserable, demoralizing and off the chart expensive!"
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #23167
Hatch
PAR OG
 
Hatch's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montrose, Co
Oddometer: 2,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
how about "miserable, demoralizing..."
ahhh thats only during the race... a couple weeks after, then you start thinking hey that was kinda fun!
__________________
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."

Hatch screwed with this post 03-12-2013 at 05:51 PM
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #23168
ineptizoid
they all do that
 
ineptizoid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Underachievement Nexus of the Universe
Oddometer: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by XT Thumper View Post
Anyone interested in getting together to do some rides?
Just had in mind some simple meet/eat and ride on a SAT or Sunday type rides. A little street and as much dirt as we can find.
Happy Birthday, PAR thread. You turned 5 yesterday. And here's to you, XT Thumper, wherever you are:

As a wise man once said--what a long, strange trip it's been

Yea verily
__________________
*FAIL*

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #23169
Hatch
PAR OG
 
Hatch's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montrose, Co
Oddometer: 2,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post
Happy Birthday, PAR thread. You turned 5 yesterday. And here's to you, XT Thumper, wherever you are:

As a wise man once said--what a long, strange trip it's been

Yea verily
Harumph!
__________________
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #23170
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
ahhh thats only during the race... a couple weeks after, then you start thinking hey that was kinda fun!
We were discussing that very thing at Treemans well after the Kracken had been released. (see dark pics on treemans thread) .

Truth = If you advertise "great ride - all will have fun - family event - great trails" no one show up.
Advertise = Horrible trails, cobby, ball buster, hurt you bad.... its a sell out and a legend....

I can tease cause there are very few enduros that I admit were fun, so why did I do it for 40 years?

Cause it was a level way above mere FUN...
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #23171
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post
Happy Birthday, PAR thread. You turned 5 yesterday. And here's to you, XT Thumper, wherever you are:

As a wise man once said--what a long, strange trip it's been

Yea verily
Damn I missed this one. Five short years and oh so much fun and memories.

While there are a few of us "old timers" still around - and I hope will be here for a long time to come - we must also recognize the active military part of PAR and with that the inevitable movement of these fine guys and gals to other parts of the world. The list is way too long to name each of our PAR riders who have gone on to other worlds to serve our country. But if you have been on this thread for any length of time you will recognize names like Riggy, Rucked Up, Frothenslosh, Reidinitaly, and on and on. Now we are losing MItrnsplt and Rotorhead. Godspeed to all of you.
Then there are those who while not military have passed through the area long enough to make friends and enrich all our lives. That list too is way too long but thanks for joining us. Its been a trip.
Happy Birthday PAR.
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #23172
Hatch
PAR OG
 
Hatch's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montrose, Co
Oddometer: 2,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
I can tease cause there are very few enduros that I admit were fun, so why did I do it for 40 years?

Cause it was a level way above mere FUN...
Quoted for posterity.
__________________
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #23173
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
Quoted for posterity.
Thanks Hatch,
That is especially gratifying since you are a "been there done that" guy who KNOWS what I am talking about.

You have been with PAR from the beginning and are clearly a PAR OG.
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #23174
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by XT Thumper View Post
Anyone interested in getting together to do some rides?
Just had in mind some simple meet/eat and ride on a SAT or Sunday type rides. A little street and as much dirt as we can find.
PM sent
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:01 AM   #23175
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke
 
MItrnsplnt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Brigantine, NJ
Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Damn I missed this one. Five short years and oh so much fun and memories.

While there are a few of us "old timers" still around - and I hope will be here for a long time to come - we must also recognize the active military part of PAR and with that the inevitable movement of these fine guys and gals to other parts of the world. The list is way too long to name each of our PAR riders who have gone on to other worlds to serve our country. But if you have been on this thread for any length of time you will recognize names like Riggy, Rucked Up, Frothenslosh, Reidinitaly, and on and on. Now we are losing MItrnsplt and Rotorhead. Godspeed to all of you.
Then there are those who while not military have passed through the area long enough to make friends and enrich all our lives. That list too is way too long but thanks for joining us. Its been a trip.
Happy Birthday PAR.
Thanks Vic! All of you guys will be missed here, due to all of you fast-as-hell guys molding me into the DS rider that I am today. Hopefully up in southern NJ, there will also be a group of FASTBURNERS that I can unite with. I don't leave till the end of May/beginning of June, but will be on leave for 3 weeks in April....so I still have a few more rides with everyone!
__________________
'09 KTM 530EXC (do-it-all workhorse)
'04 KTM 250EXC (ST switchblade)
'13 Sherco 3.0 (trials billy-goat)
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014