ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 05:28 AM   #23326
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..
 
forrestrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Foley . Al
Oddometer: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by etingelefunts View Post
Yes... and while I'm smoking Ural Crack thought I'd add...


"Adventure" Package with New Style foot brake system.
Engine skid plate
Black Coating on Dual Hi Mount Mufflers
Integrated heated grips system
Sidecar windshield
Rear bike seat with matching "Cordura" cover
Handlebars and foot pegs for rear passenger
Black Powder coated Engine, Transmission and Final Drive
Color Matched Air Filter Housings
Hand shifter for forward and reverse gears
(Part of "Adv" Package)

Anyone have a doghouse for rent?
Look's like you got the $22,000 + package, when you getting it? I would not mind taking a look at it.
__________________
Forrestrider
forrestrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #23327
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by etingelefunts View Post
Yes... and while I'm smoking Ural Crack thought I'd add...


"Adventure" Package with New Style foot brake system.
Engine skid plate
Black Coating on Dual Hi Mount Mufflers
Integrated heated grips system
Sidecar windshield
Rear bike seat with matching "Cordura" cover
Handlebars and foot pegs for rear passenger
Black Powder coated Engine, Transmission and Final Drive
Color Matched Air Filter Housings
Hand shifter for forward and reverse gears
(Part of "Adv" Package)

Anyone have a doghouse for rent?
If you let me ride in the side car I will let my tongue hang out and howl...

BTW I would seriously think about mounting a MG42 looklike (not real of couse). It would just set it off
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #23328
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
If you let me ride in the side car I will let my tongue hang out and howl...

BTW I would seriously think about mounting a MG42 looklike (not real of couse). It would just set it off
Yes or even a MG 34.
I have a few seconds of 8mm around here someplace.

__________________
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #23329
etingelefunts
retem-odo
 
etingelefunts's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Southeastern U.S.
Oddometer: 800
Heeheehee

You guys are cracking me up.
The Ural is in Boxborough Massachusetts and I plan on flying out to get it in April. First have to sort out closing on a new property in Milton, which will quadruple my shop floor, quadruple size of dog pasture, and double the current living space compared to current bivouac. Hiring several new people after that since we have 995 outstanding orders. Been swamped, but blessed.
__________________
Less pondering. Simply march ahead, to the ends of this majestic planet.
etingelefunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #23330
etingelefunts
retem-odo
 
etingelefunts's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Southeastern U.S.
Oddometer: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods Rider View Post
As you know, I'm in as long as
1 it's not next week as I will be sailing to Key West
2 it's not the week of 4/25-5/3 as I will be sailing in the British Virgin Islands
3 it's not The first week of June as I will be riding BAJA!

Damn, I'm BUSY!
Oooh. Cool itinerary Woods Rider !! Baja in June. Wish I could scrounge the time to do that. Soon perhaps.
1st foray for one of my bikes (not sure which yet) is TAT in August, then onto Modoc CA, and back by way of folks house in NM.
__________________
Less pondering. Simply march ahead, to the ends of this majestic planet.
etingelefunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #23331
Reislust
Still alive
 
Reislust's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 104
Wink Too funny not to share

I was in Ecuador at the beginning of the month, rented a DR650 from Freedom bike rental. Pretty cool except for the throttle limiter... Anyway I saw this chick in the CRAZY traffic in Quito. Didn't notice she was breast feeding until just after I took the shot!!! I thought my riding was high risk!
Reislust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #23332
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reislust View Post
I was in Ecuador at the beginning of the month, rented a DR650 from Freedom bike rental. Pretty cool except for the throttle limiter... Anyway I saw this chick in the CRAZY traffic in Quito. Didn't notice she was breast feeding until just after I took the shot!!! I thought my riding was high risk!
Crazy! That kid could bite when they hit a bump.
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #23333
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,674
DS Ride thru Blackwater and Conecuh Forest

Guys and Gals

Lately I have been exploring North Blackwater and Conecuh National forest along with WoodRider Barney and others...

While its not the Smokeys or Northern Alabama its damn pretty country with lots to see and only an hour away. Low key. Lots of fun.

How about April 20 as a date.

Start at Karick Lake and head North to Open Pond then North up thru Conecuh to 10 different ponds/lakes and Gas and Eat at Wing - 60 miles (not much there but its the only place that works). Then West and South to complete the loop through Blackwater. Another 50 miles.

I will ride the 5hunny but this ride could be done on bigger bikes. Its mostly dirt roads with some pavement. I will leave out all the "real dirty" stuff for another ride. I would plan on lots of stops... 10 ponds!!! and bring some food along.

All day ride. You GS guys might ejoy this one.

what say you all....

BTW I will probably ride up there again this weekend if anyone is interested in splorin and lots of turn arounds...
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms

Vico1 screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 06:25 PM
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #23334
livetosail
Wayward Traveler
 
livetosail's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Pensacola, FL
Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
All day ride. You GS guys might ejoy this one.

what say you all....
Did I heard GS?

I might just hop along. Flight school should be mostly done by then.

BTW, speaking of GS's, anyone have a set of street tires they aren't using? I'm driving from Perdido Key to Milton every day on my Scorpion Ralley's, which aren't quiet or that fuel efficient, to say the least. I'm talking throw-away tires, mostly worn, but still some life in them.

Oh, and WoodsRider... that's way too much fun for someone that isn't terminally ill. Needless to say, I'm super jealous.

Cheers.

Eric
__________________
05' R1200GS
92' K75
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
livetosail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #23335
motomike14
Thumper Crusader
 
motomike14's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Guys and Gals

Lately I have been exploring North Blackwater and Conecuh National forest along with WoodRider Barney and others...

While its not the Smokeys or Northern Alabama its damn pretty country with lots to see and only an hour away. Low key. Lots of fun.

How about April 20 as a date.

Start at Karick Lake and head North to Open Pond then North up thru Conecuh to 10 different ponds/lakes and Gas and Eat at Wing - 60 miles (not much there but its the only place that works). Then West and South to complete the loop through Blackwater. Another 50 miles.

I will ride the 5hunny but this ride could be done on bigger bikes. Its mostly dirt roads with some pavement. I will leave out all the "real dirty" stuff for another ride. I would plan on lots of stops... 10 ponds!!! and bring some food along.

All day ride. You GS guys might ejoy this one.

what say you all....

BTW I will probably ride up there again this weekend if anyone is interested in splorin and lots of turn arounds...
In! Hopefully will have the tt500 back and running by then.
__________________
"The bold adventurer succeeds the best. - Ovid

I drink the koolaid too...just not the orange kind.
motomike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #23336
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,811
OUT. April 20th I'll be in Sacramento. Enjoy, and take some pics so I can be jealous
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #23337
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,139
Out.
I'll be on call.
__________________
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #23338
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Guys and Gals

Lately I have been exploring North Blackwater and Conecuh National forest along with WoodRider Barney and others...

While its not the Smokeys or Northern Alabama its damn pretty country with lots to see and only an hour away. Low key. Lots of fun.

How about April 20 as a date.

Start at Karick Lake and head North to Open Pond then North up thru Conecuh to 10 different ponds/lakes and Gas and Eat at Wing - 60 miles (not much there but its the only place that works). Then West and South to complete the loop through Blackwater. Another 50 mil

I will ride the 5hunny but this ride could be done on bigger bikes. Its mostly dirt roads with some pavement. I will leave out all the "real dirty" stuff for another ride. I would plan on lots of stops... 10 ponds!!! and bring some food along.

All day ride. You GS guys might ejoy this one.

what say you all....

BTW I will probably ride up there again this weekend if anyone is interested in splorin and lots of turn arounds...
In!

Eric, lets o sailing when you're ready buddy!
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:01 AM   #23339
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke
 
MItrnsplnt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Brigantine, NJ
Oddometer: 657
I'm out for the 20th also. Rotorhead and I rode Brox on Sunday in the beautiful weather and it was f-ing awesome! Just as good as it used to be when we rode it all the time and we really didn't see ANY closures.
__________________
'09 KTM 530EXC (do-it-all workhorse)
'04 KTM 250EXC (ST switchblade)
'13 Sherco 3.0 (trials billy-goat)
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #23340
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
Out.
I'll be on call.
How about April 6? Not this weekend but next! We can always do it later. Just trying to do it with cool weather.
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014