ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #23746
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
Good to hear that Robin!



Yes!
Seems to be a good place to wait/grab a bite waiting on everyone.





Bart, its a 160 mile ride on dirt roads and some pavement in Monroe County Alabama.
This ride is a hollow shell of what it use to be because of the massive clear cutting.
Oh well,,it still makes for a ok beast ride.
Personally, I would NOT consider doing it on a orange bike.
Here is a ride report I did a few years ago with the Forrestrider:







Man-o-man do I ever love that Strom! I've been wanting to show Kevin some places for a while and managed to show him a couple. Took some pictures and want to share them with you all.
We don't leave my home as early as I'd liked (Rearview! ) and first stop was at Little River State Park. Here's a few pics:


A short jaunt from the lake is the Gazebo. Built by the CCC during the Great Depression. This whole park was a CCC project.

A little early for lunch. Too bad cause this place served quail.

The next set of pictures just don't do this place justice. Its the "Caves" that you've hear me mention. I think JP's been here once. Wanna take the rest of ya's!
A natural bridge:



Warned Kevin about goin in there. Varmits!



This is the main entrance behind Kevin. Once commited, its about 1/4 mile till you can get out again. There are several places that open up, but you wouldn't be able to climb out of those places. I think Kevin got a couple shots of those places.
Another shot of the opening:

If we ever go back, I could lead the braver fellas all the way through. Haven't done that since the early 70`s. OH YEA!, last time I did that, I spotted a little bat asleep on the ceiling. Gave him a little touch and OH SHIT, he woke up, showed me his fangs and hissed at me!
From there, we rode some really great dirt roads with lots of curves and elevation changes. Crossed several wooden bridges:

Next stop was a old family plot. The main reason for this stop was to show Kevin the resting place of Confederate Captain W.S.Wiggins. Don't see too many of these around here. Here's a link to the Company "F" 36th Alabama. They fought with particular distinction at Chickamauga.
http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.c...drd/stacy.html


I was told by a local resident that slaves were buried beside this families plot.
Now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,here's where the fun really begins. We ride to Tunnel Springs. Years ago, I lead a group of dualsporters through the tunnel, but the road we took to access the track had been gated. Today, we went down another road that was open. Brother, believe me,,,,,,,,,you fellas would have enjoyed this road/trail. Wish I'd made some pictures of the places that Forestrider and I crossed. A 990 Adventure and a WeeStrom were NOT suppose to go into these places. They did quite well actually! A few shots:
It finally occured to me that I oughta make some more pictures when Kevin picked up can of chainlube and discovered it was HIS. The end cap had came out of his jet pack and the lube had fell out. We had just bounced across a creek and he found his cap there.

The next picture doesn't do this section justice. Before, it was jammed with bush's and limbs. A pretty steep angle with a soft surface from a stream was the only thing stoppin us from accessing the track:

The angle of the tree's gives a little prospective of what the beast were up against. This terrain would not even be worth mentioning on the DR650, but the Strom and 990 Katoom? Need monster strength and big balls to take em offroad even a littlebit. We took em anyway

We make it through the 840 foot tunnel without getting Bat-bit. The other side was a mud trap and snagged me and Kevin. Too bad you didn't get a picture of me in trouble Kev! See my tracks in the mud beside the track?


I was exhausted and had to sit down for a little while. Kevin seemed Ok.


One of the reasons I wanted to come back here was to inspect my Geocache that was placed here years ago. Its had many visitors and the contents looked OK. Oh yea,,,someone had placed a pregnancy test kit in the cache for one of the goodies.


We're getting very thirsty by now, and hot foot it to Beatrice and get refreshments. Camden ain't far, so we head there to get a burger and fries.
From there, we head to the car ferry at Haynes island being it should be open during the weekday.

River's way up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so no ferry ride today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again.
Time for another drink:

Alabama Bidet?




There ARE some big pine trees left in Alabama. Suprise!

OK,,,,,,,,,,,,if you've known me for very long, you know I hate to see my bike muddy for long. Couldn't pass up this car wash. Kevin bought in too!

Well, thats about it. I had to be home for some business, so had to book it back to Cantonment. Had a great time Forestrider! Maybe some hooligans can go oneday!

I got a few movies of today. Will post them later in the weekend!
If I'm in town, I'm in fer sho!
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:10 AM   #23747
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 9,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
Good to hear that Robin!



Yes!
Seems to be a good place to wait/grab a bite waiting on everyone.





Bart, its a 160 mile ride on dirt roads and some pavement in Monroe County Alabama.
This ride is a hollow shell of what it use to be because of the massive clear cutting.
Oh well,,it still makes for a ok beast ride.
Personally, I would NOT consider doing it on a orange bike.
Here is a ride report I did a few years ago with the Forrestrider:







Man-o-man do I ever love that Strom! I've been wanting to show Kevin some places for a while and managed to show him a couple. Took some pictures and want to share them with you all.
We don't leave my home as early as I'd liked (Rearview! ) and first stop was at Little River State Park. Here's a few pics:


A short jaunt from the lake is the Gazebo. Built by the CCC during the Great Depression. This whole park was a CCC project.

A little early for lunch. Too bad cause this place served quail.

The next set of pictures just don't do this place justice. Its the "Caves" that you've hear me mention. I think JP's been here once. Wanna take the rest of ya's!
A natural bridge:



Warned Kevin about goin in there. Varmits!



This is the main entrance behind Kevin. Once commited, its about 1/4 mile till you can get out again. There are several places that open up, but you wouldn't be able to climb out of those places. I think Kevin got a couple shots of those places.
Another shot of the opening:

If we ever go back, I could lead the braver fellas all the way through. Haven't done that since the early 70`s. OH YEA!, last time I did that, I spotted a little bat asleep on the ceiling. Gave him a little touch and OH SHIT, he woke up, showed me his fangs and hissed at me!
From there, we rode some really great dirt roads with lots of curves and elevation changes. Crossed several wooden bridges:

Next stop was a old family plot. The main reason for this stop was to show Kevin the resting place of Confederate Captain W.S.Wiggins. Don't see too many of these around here. Here's a link to the Company "F" 36th Alabama. They fought with particular distinction at Chickamauga.
http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.c...drd/stacy.html


I was told by a local resident that slaves were buried beside this families plot.
Now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,here's where the fun really begins. We ride to Tunnel Springs. Years ago, I lead a group of dualsporters through the tunnel, but the road we took to access the track had been gated. Today, we went down another road that was open. Brother, believe me,,,,,,,,,you fellas would have enjoyed this road/trail. Wish I'd made some pictures of the places that Forestrider and I crossed. A 990 Adventure and a WeeStrom were NOT suppose to go into these places. They did quite well actually! A few shots:
It finally occured to me that I oughta make some more pictures when Kevin picked up can of chainlube and discovered it was HIS. The end cap had came out of his jet pack and the lube had fell out. We had just bounced across a creek and he found his cap there.

The next picture doesn't do this section justice. Before, it was jammed with bush's and limbs. A pretty steep angle with a soft surface from a stream was the only thing stoppin us from accessing the track:

The angle of the tree's gives a little prospective of what the beast were up against. This terrain would not even be worth mentioning on the DR650, but the Strom and 990 Katoom? Need monster strength and big balls to take em offroad even a littlebit. We took em anyway

We make it through the 840 foot tunnel without getting Bat-bit. The other side was a mud trap and snagged me and Kevin. Too bad you didn't get a picture of me in trouble Kev! See my tracks in the mud beside the track?


I was exhausted and had to sit down for a little while. Kevin seemed Ok.


One of the reasons I wanted to come back here was to inspect my Geocache that was placed here years ago. Its had many visitors and the contents looked OK. Oh yea,,,someone had placed a pregnancy test kit in the cache for one of the goodies.


We're getting very thirsty by now, and hot foot it to Beatrice and get refreshments. Camden ain't far, so we head there to get a burger and fries.
From there, we head to the car ferry at Haynes island being it should be open during the weekday.

River's way up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so no ferry ride today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again.
Time for another drink:

Alabama Bidet?




There ARE some big pine trees left in Alabama. Suprise!

OK,,,,,,,,,,,,if you've known me for very long, you know I hate to see my bike muddy for long. Couldn't pass up this car wash. Kevin bought in too!

Well, thats about it. I had to be home for some business, so had to book it back to Cantonment. Had a great time Forestrider! Maybe some hooligans can go oneday!

I got a few movies of today. Will post them later in the weekend!


That looks like a cool ride!
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #23748
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke
 
MItrnsplnt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Brigantine, NJ
Oddometer: 658
2004 KTM 250EXC $2500
I have a very clean '04 250 EXC that has a lot of add-ons, runs strong, starts first/second kick each time. Top-end rebuilt last 10-12 hours, total hours not sure. Bike has never been raced, only ridden a few times at Milton MX and some trails locally here in Pensacola. Here's a list of everything that it has:
- Renthal Fat Bars
- Motion Pro 1.5" extended throttle cable
- KTM Handguards
- KTM Billet Orange Master Cylinder and Clutch Cover
- Always used Engine Ice in Radiator
- Enduro Engineering Clutch and Brake Levers
- Enduro Engineering Stator Cover
- Enduro Engineering Head Pipe
- Enduro Engineering 3 Silencer
- Enduro Engineering Case Saver
- Enduro Engineering Clutch Cover
- Renthal Orange 50T Sprocket
- PDS 4 Progressive Rear Spring
- Front Forks recently rebuilt by R&R Racing, new springs (.44), fresh fluids and valving. Sprung for 200lb person with gear
- All new gaskets, fluids, lube, everything re-bleed
- New brake pads
- Enduro Engineering Graphics Kit
- New bearings front/rear
- Front tire almost brand new, rear tire 80% life left

http://images.craigslist.org/3G73Fe3...fddcf71d68.jpg

I'm sure there's more, but can't think of the rest. Now the negatives, I do not have the title for the bike but can assure that the bike is legitimate. If need be, I can give you the VIN# and you can verify it. I bought the bike from a good friend that lost the title a few years back. The black rims have been oxidized, so they are not a shiny gloss black but more of a slightly faded black in some areas. The pic is slightly older, and has been updated with many of the above parts. I can text newer, updated pics. Questions, please call 586-935-8804, located in Pace, FL.
__________________
'09 KTM 530EXC (do-it-all workhorse)
'04 KTM 250EXC (ST switchblade)
'13 Sherco 3.0 (trials billy-goat)
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #23749
custmmc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
custmmc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Leeds, AL
Oddometer: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post

On a different subject, I've been asked to do the Monroe ride again because a bunch of it was missed since it was hunting season and we somehow got separated from each other. We'll run the loop counter clockwise this time and see what happens. Cave should be accessible. This will be a Beast ride so a run through the abandoned train tunnel will be out of the question.............maybe.


First Saturday in June will be the date if its not raining so put it on your calendar.
Does this route go near the Stagecoach Cafe? Is there a lunch stop during ride, or after?
custmmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #23750
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
That looks like a cool ride!
Come go with us!



Quote:
Originally Posted by custmmc View Post
Does this route go near the Stagecoach Cafe? Is there a lunch stop during ride, or after?
Hey Ron!
No, the start/stop is at the McDonalds in front of the Creek Indian Casino.
About 30 miles north east of the Stagecoach restaurant.

Lunch/gas stop in Franklin.
After the ride we ought to eat at the buffet in the casino.

Come go with us!
__________________
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #23751
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,823
I really like my DL650 too... Sadly I've only been able to like it for 454 miles so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
Good to hear that Robin!



Yes!
Seems to be a good place to wait/grab a bite waiting on everyone.





Bart, its a 160 mile ride on dirt roads and some pavement in Monroe County Alabama.
This ride is a hollow shell of what it use to be because of the massive clear cutting.
Oh well,,it still makes for a ok beast ride.
Personally, I would NOT consider doing it on a orange bike.
Here is a ride report I did a few years ago with the Forrestrider:







Man-o-man do I ever love that Strom! I've been wanting to show Kevin some places for a while and managed to show him a couple. Took some pictures and want to share them with you all.
We don't leave my home as early as I'd liked (Rearview! ) and first stop was at Little River State Park. Here's a few pics:


A short jaunt from the lake is the Gazebo. Built by the CCC during the Great Depression. This whole park was a CCC project.

A little early for lunch. Too bad cause this place served quail.

The next set of pictures just don't do this place justice. Its the "Caves" that you've hear me mention. I think JP's been here once. Wanna take the rest of ya's!
A natural bridge:



Warned Kevin about goin in there. Varmits!



This is the main entrance behind Kevin. Once commited, its about 1/4 mile till you can get out again. There are several places that open up, but you wouldn't be able to climb out of those places. I think Kevin got a couple shots of those places.
Another shot of the opening:

If we ever go back, I could lead the braver fellas all the way through. Haven't done that since the early 70`s. OH YEA!, last time I did that, I spotted a little bat asleep on the ceiling. Gave him a little touch and OH SHIT, he woke up, showed me his fangs and hissed at me!
From there, we rode some really great dirt roads with lots of curves and elevation changes. Crossed several wooden bridges:

Next stop was a old family plot. The main reason for this stop was to show Kevin the resting place of Confederate Captain W.S.Wiggins. Don't see too many of these around here. Here's a link to the Company "F" 36th Alabama. They fought with particular distinction at Chickamauga.
http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.c...drd/stacy.html


I was told by a local resident that slaves were buried beside this families plot.
Now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,here's where the fun really begins. We ride to Tunnel Springs. Years ago, I lead a group of dualsporters through the tunnel, but the road we took to access the track had been gated. Today, we went down another road that was open. Brother, believe me,,,,,,,,,you fellas would have enjoyed this road/trail. Wish I'd made some pictures of the places that Forestrider and I crossed. A 990 Adventure and a WeeStrom were NOT suppose to go into these places. They did quite well actually! A few shots:
It finally occured to me that I oughta make some more pictures when Kevin picked up can of chainlube and discovered it was HIS. The end cap had came out of his jet pack and the lube had fell out. We had just bounced across a creek and he found his cap there.

The next picture doesn't do this section justice. Before, it was jammed with bush's and limbs. A pretty steep angle with a soft surface from a stream was the only thing stoppin us from accessing the track:

The angle of the tree's gives a little prospective of what the beast were up against. This terrain would not even be worth mentioning on the DR650, but the Strom and 990 Katoom? Need monster strength and big balls to take em offroad even a littlebit. We took em anyway

We make it through the 840 foot tunnel without getting Bat-bit. The other side was a mud trap and snagged me and Kevin. Too bad you didn't get a picture of me in trouble Kev! See my tracks in the mud beside the track?


I was exhausted and had to sit down for a little while. Kevin seemed Ok.


One of the reasons I wanted to come back here was to inspect my Geocache that was placed here years ago. Its had many visitors and the contents looked OK. Oh yea,,,someone had placed a pregnancy test kit in the cache for one of the goodies.


We're getting very thirsty by now, and hot foot it to Beatrice and get refreshments. Camden ain't far, so we head there to get a burger and fries.
From there, we head to the car ferry at Haynes island being it should be open during the weekday.

River's way up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so no ferry ride today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again.
Time for another drink:

Alabama Bidet?




There ARE some big pine trees left in Alabama. Suprise!

OK,,,,,,,,,,,,if you've known me for very long, you know I hate to see my bike muddy for long. Couldn't pass up this car wash. Kevin bought in too!

Well, thats about it. I had to be home for some business, so had to book it back to Cantonment. Had a great time Forestrider! Maybe some hooligans can go oneday!

I got a few movies of today. Will post them later in the weekend!
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #23752
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
I really like my DL650 too... Sadly I've only been able to like it for 454 miles so far

Good to hear that Robin!



Yes!
Seems to be a good place to wait/grab a bite waiting on everyone.





Bart, its a 160 mile ride on dirt roads and some pavement in Monroe County Alabama.
This ride is a hollow shell of what it use to be because of the massive clear cutting.
Oh well,,it still makes for a ok beast ride.
Personally, I would NOT consider doing it on a orange bike.
Here is a ride report I did a few years ago with the Forrestrider:







Man-o-man do I ever love that Strom! I've been wanting to show Kevin some places for a while and managed to show him a couple. Took some pictures and want to share them with you all.
We don't leave my home as early as I'd liked (Rearview! ) and first stop was at Little River State Park. Here's a few pics:


A short jaunt from the lake is the Gazebo. Built by the CCC during the Great Depression. This whole park was a CCC project.

A little early for lunch. Too bad cause this place served quail.

The next set of pictures just don't do this place justice. Its the "Caves" that you've hear me mention. I think JP's been here once. Wanna take the rest of ya's!
A natural bridge:



Warned Kevin about goin in there. Varmits!



This is the main entrance behind Kevin. Once commited, its about 1/4 mile till you can get out again. There are several places that open up, but you wouldn't be able to climb out of those places. I think Kevin got a couple shots of those places.
Another shot of the opening:

If we ever go back, I could lead the braver fellas all the way through. Haven't done that since the early 70`s. OH YEA!, last time I did that, I spotted a little bat asleep on the ceiling. Gave him a little touch and OH SHIT, he woke up, showed me his fangs and hissed at me!
From there, we rode some really great dirt roads with lots of curves and elevation changes. Crossed several wooden bridges:

Next stop was a old family plot. The main reason for this stop was to show Kevin the resting place of Confederate Captain W.S.Wiggins. Don't see too many of these around here. Here's a link to the Company "F" 36th Alabama. They fought with particular distinction at Chickamauga.
http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.c...drd/stacy.html


I was told by a local resident that slaves were buried beside this families plot.
Now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,here's where the fun really begins. We ride to Tunnel Springs. Years ago, I lead a group of dualsporters through the tunnel, but the road we took to access the track had been gated. Today, we went down another road that was open. Brother, believe me,,,,,,,,,you fellas would have enjoyed this road/trail. Wish I'd made some pictures of the places that Forestrider and I crossed. A 990 Adventure and a WeeStrom were NOT suppose to go into these places. They did quite well actually! A few shots:
It finally occured to me that I oughta make some more pictures when Kevin picked up can of chainlube and discovered it was HIS. The end cap had came out of his jet pack and the lube had fell out. We had just bounced across a creek and he found his cap there.

The next picture doesn't do this section justice. Before, it was jammed with bush's and limbs. A pretty steep angle with a soft surface from a stream was the only thing stoppin us from accessing the track:

The angle of the tree's gives a little prospective of what the beast were up against. This terrain would not even be worth mentioning on the DR650, but the Strom and 990 Katoom? Need monster strength and big balls to take em offroad even a littlebit. We took em anyway

We make it through the 840 foot tunnel without getting Bat-bit. The other side was a mud trap and snagged me and Kevin. Too bad you didn't get a picture of me in trouble Kev! See my tracks in the mud beside the track?


I was exhausted and had to sit down for a little while. Kevin seemed Ok.


One of the reasons I wanted to come back here was to inspect my Geocache that was placed here years ago. Its had many visitors and the contents looked OK. Oh yea,,,someone had placed a pregnancy test kit in the cache for one of the goodies.


We're getting very thirsty by now, and hot foot it to Beatrice and get refreshments. Camden ain't far, so we head there to get a burger and fries.
From there, we head to the car ferry at Haynes island being it should be open during the weekday.

River's way up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so no ferry ride today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again.
Time for another drink:

Alabama Bidet?




There ARE some big pine trees left in Alabama. Suprise!

OK,,,,,,,,,,,,if you've known me for very long, you know I hate to see my bike muddy for long. Couldn't pass up this car wash. Kevin bought in too!

Well, thats about it. I had to be home for some business, so had to book it back to Cantonment. Had a great time Forestrider! Maybe some hooligans can go oneday!

I got a few movies of today. Will post them later in the weekend!

That's nice.
__________________
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #23753
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
That's nice.
I miss the Davis Island Ferry...you know it's closed now (at least thats what Monroe County told me when I called a month or so back)/........
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #23754
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods Rider View Post
I miss the Davis Island Ferry...you know it's closed now (at least thats what Monroe County told me when I called a month or so back)/........
Yea, it doesn't (didn't) run on weekends anyway.

Answering all pm's now.
__________________
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #23755
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 9,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
Come go with us!


Dammit, I wish it wasn't 500 miles away!


The rest of May and June are fooked for me.
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #23756
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,886
Blackwater / Conecah Ride

Going to take Spectre up to ride the loop we all did a couple weeks ago tomorrow.

We will leave Karick at 9 am if anyone wants to join us.
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #23757
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods Rider View Post
Going to take Spectre up to ride the loop we all did a couple weeks ago tomorrow.

We will leave Karick at 9 am if anyone wants to join us.
Cant make it sorry. You guys will have fun.

Any one planning anything this weekend. I know its Mothers day but that's on Sunday afternoon for me!
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #23758
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life
 
waysherr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: P'cola
Oddometer: 444
Gimmee report

Hey Gimmee, how about a Renfroe Valley ride report......hope it went well
__________________
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth the ride.
waysherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #23759
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by waysherr View Post
Hey Gimmee, how about a Renfroe Valley ride report......hope it went well
Yea let us know what we missed. I will bet it was pretty awesome this year!

Maybe next year I will make it back up there.
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #23760
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,734
First shot at tires

Gotta move some stuff out.

Anyone interested in a set of Shinko tires for Beast
110/80R19 Front
150/70R17 Rear

In good condition with lots of miles left. $75 for pair.

I also have Helmets Chest protectors, gloves, goggles fairly good set of boots and lots of other old but still serviceable gear if anyone is interested.

__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014