ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #24421
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR56 View Post
make sure your bike is 100% reliable, and it doesn't have to be Orange (a KTM) but it helps.
Isn't that what you call an oxymoron?
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #24422
r_bin
Studly Adventurer
 
r_bin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 680


Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
Isn't that what you call an oxymoron?
r_bin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #24423
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,794
waterproof?

show me your felt ring
__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #24424
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR56 View Post
Don't get me wrong guys, you need to be able to ride in tight quarters in deep sand and waterproofing your bike wouldn't hurt...I would highly recommend good knobby tires, make sure your bike is 100% reliable, and it doesn't have to be Orange (a KTM) but it helps.

As far as personal protection...helmet, eye protection, boots, gloves, long sleeves, etc. If it is your first time, being over protected instead of under protected is a good thing. You can always take stuff off and tie it to your handlebars...and by the way, it is hot. A camel back or some way to carry fluids is a big plus.

I Just didn't want to give anybody the wrong impression and have them show up in tennis shoes and/or with street tires, etc.
So what time is everyone meeting there? I am 1.5 hrs away.
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #24425
ShortDistanceHunter
Vagitarian
 
ShortDistanceHunter's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: under the do long bridge
Oddometer: 142
thiz thread needz more cowbell sdh
__________________
The Original Dollar Sign Wii Hunter (beware of imitations)

Yamaha Vino scooter: practical yet fun (145cc wiseco high-comp bigbore kit installed + pumper carb + suspension by gmd computrack+ procircuit pipe + dunlop d908rr rallyraids)

Acme DeLuxe Professional Rain Gauge: a delightful little rain gauge

I was an Adventure poser when Adventure posing wasn't cool.
ShortDistanceHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #24426
SkidBrown
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Milton, FL
Oddometer: 18
Really going to try and make it guys, but ive got some figurin out to do first...

Got myself into a pickle by making my usual mistake (damnit)...

Bike is 01 XR650L

Changed too many things on the bike at once as I waited for parts to arrive, and now ive got carb issues.

Heres what I did- Took 4 disks of the IDS2 slipon (from 12 down to 8) as I felt 12 were a few too many by the PO.

Installed a UNI filter, removing the stock paper one that was in there.

Removed snorkle from airbox

Drained Ethanol gas and dumped in 87 'pure gas' as i run in all my stuff

Jets stayed the same as I was running before changes at 160 main and 55 pilot with daves mods..

The low end power is great, but 3rd gear at WOT im stuttering like hitting a rev limiter, but not. Im thinking lean??

Thanks in advance for any help.
SkidBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #24427
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidBrown View Post
Really going to try and make it guys, but ive got some figurin out to do first...

Got myself into a pickle by making my usual mistake (damnit)...

Bike is 01 XR650L

Changed too many things on the bike at once as I waited for parts to arrive, and now ive got carb issues.

Heres what I did- Took 4 disks of the IDS2 slipon (from 12 down to 8) as I felt 12 were a few too many by the PO.

Installed a UNI filter, removing the stock paper one that was in there.

Removed snorkle from airbox

Drained Ethanol gas and dumped in 87 'pure gas' as i run in all my stuff

Jets stayed the same as I was running before changes at 160 main and 55 pilot with daves mods..

The low end power is great, but 3rd gear at WOT im stuttering like hitting a rev limiter, but not. Im thinking lean??

Thanks in advance for any help.
Yep. Increase main jet for a start.
Edit: if its doing it in third before the revs are even up then I would jump to a 180 and go from there.
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R

burmbuster screwed with this post 07-25-2013 at 02:24 PM
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #24428
ShortDistanceHunter
Vagitarian
 
ShortDistanceHunter's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: under the do long bridge
Oddometer: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidBrown View Post
Really going to try and make it guys, but ive got some figurin out to do first...

Got myself into a pickle by making my usual mistake (damnit)...

Bike is 01 XR650L

Changed too many things on the bike at once as I waited for parts to arrive, and now ive got carb issues.

Heres what I did- Took 4 disks of the IDS2 slipon (from 12 down to 8) as I felt 12 were a few too many by the PO.

Installed a UNI filter, removing the stock paper one that was in there.

Removed snorkle from airbox

Drained Ethanol gas and dumped in 87 'pure gas' as i run in all my stuff

Jets stayed the same as I was running before changes at 160 main and 55 pilot with daves mods..

The low end power is great, but 3rd gear at WOT im stuttering like hitting a rev limiter, but not. Im thinking lean??

Thanks in advance for any help.
chavez izzat u?
__________________
The Original Dollar Sign Wii Hunter (beware of imitations)

Yamaha Vino scooter: practical yet fun (145cc wiseco high-comp bigbore kit installed + pumper carb + suspension by gmd computrack+ procircuit pipe + dunlop d908rr rallyraids)

Acme DeLuxe Professional Rain Gauge: a delightful little rain gauge

I was an Adventure poser when Adventure posing wasn't cool.
ShortDistanceHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #24429
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
So what time is everyone meeting there? I am 1.5 hrs away.
If you are 1.5 hrs away you are gonna be real early.

We wont start until 9AM Saturday morning...

Seriously -

I expect about 10 riders with three first time riders (to our group anyway). So this will NOT be a fast burn ride where we ride just under the speed limit.

We will go as fast as EVERYONE is comfortable. Once we start to ride we can adjust the pace and the terrain. I was planning on starting with well maintained roads until I saw what the skill level was and then adjusting as we go.

There is NO gas available on this ride. If you Ride you bike in please stop at Milton or Holt and gas up. I was planning a 60 mile ride out and back to Hutton. You need to be able to go that far or bring extra along with you.

We should NOT have any water issues on this ride (and we shouldn't have last weekend either when two bike got stuck/flooded so who knows).

Bring a snack or several snacks and LOTS of water. We will be stopping a lot and its important to stay hydrated... BTW start drinking water NOW for Saturday morning.

Full riding gear is highly recommended. If you don't have boots let me know and I will bring you a pair!!!

We should be back to Hutton by 1PM.

Looks like we have a good ride brewing... that's the way it starts...

R-bin you in or are you and WR gonna be riding a different adventure?
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #24430
r_bin
Studly Adventurer
 
r_bin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post

R-bin you in or are you and WR gonna be riding a different adventure?
I think I might try to make it. Sounds like a good ride for a dr650. I've added a lot of shit to it the last two weeks so I do need to make sure everything works for the TET.

So maybe I can make it.
r_bin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #24431
ShortDistanceHunter
Vagitarian
 
ShortDistanceHunter's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: under the do long bridge
Oddometer: 142
me 2 maybe
__________________
The Original Dollar Sign Wii Hunter (beware of imitations)

Yamaha Vino scooter: practical yet fun (145cc wiseco high-comp bigbore kit installed + pumper carb + suspension by gmd computrack+ procircuit pipe + dunlop d908rr rallyraids)

Acme DeLuxe Professional Rain Gauge: a delightful little rain gauge

I was an Adventure poser when Adventure posing wasn't cool.
ShortDistanceHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #24432
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
If you are 1.5 hrs away you are gonna be real early.

We wont start until 9AM Saturday morning...

Seriously -

I expect about 10 riders with three first time riders (to our group anyway). So this will NOT be a fast burn ride where we ride just under the speed limit.

We will go as fast as EVERYONE is comfortable. Once we start to ride we can adjust the pace and the terrain. I was planning on starting with well maintained roads until I saw what the skill level was and then adjusting as we go.

There is NO gas available on this ride. If you Ride you bike in please stop at Milton or Holt and gas up. I was planning a 60 mile ride out and back to Hutton. You need to be able to go that far or bring extra along with you.

We should NOT have any water issues on this ride (and we shouldn't have last weekend either when two bike got stuck/flooded so who knows).

Bring a snack or several snacks and LOTS of water. We will be stopping a lot and its important to stay hydrated... BTW start drinking water NOW for Saturday morning.

Full riding gear is highly recommended. If you don't have boots let me know and I will bring you a pair!!!

We should be back to Hutton by 1PM.

Looks like we have a good ride brewing... that's the way it starts...

R-bin you in or are you and WR gonna be riding a different adventure?
Thanks, Vico. Nothing like a day ride with the Camelbac and energy bars.
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #24433
r_bin
Studly Adventurer
 
r_bin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDistanceHunter View Post
me 2 maybe
Cool. It's been a long time SDH; so long, it's been never.


Bring a long your rocking shoes!
r_bin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #24434
bartohob
Adventurer
 
bartohob's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: fort walton bch fl
Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by waysherr View Post
I don't "cobble"ask Hatch. When I get through with it you can't tell it from stock other than being one inch longer......and it's the one made for it
hey thats just a figure of speech i say. im sure that you dont cobble be back after the weekend going on boat fri around noon wont be back till mon
bartohob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #24435
SR56
Bullfrog
 
SR56's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 285
Suzuki or Yamaha

I am thinking about a new scoot mainly for riding Eglin and Blackwater...which one is better if my choices were limited to the Suzuki DRZ400S or Yamaha WR250R? I am particularly interested in hearing from those who own or have ridden them. I have all the specs printed in front of me. Thanks for the input!
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014