ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 04:01 AM   #24481
SR56
Bullfrog
 
SR56's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 248
Saturday Morning Ride

Wheels rolling at 9AM, Hutton Unit.
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #24482
SR56
Bullfrog
 
SR56's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 248
Vico1 thank you!

Great ride this morning starting at the Hutton Unit and heading North...nine riders showed up and we all followed Vico1 thru the roads of Blackwater that were paved, gravel, dirt, and sometimes even where there wasn't a trail...well at least that is what it looked like some times. He always gets us back to where we started somehow or other. I think he is part homing pigeon.

Vico1, Please pass along a great thanks to your son for making sure everyone made it...I know it isn't as much fun bringing up the rear but at least he can take credit for not losing anyone.
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #24483
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,427
Thanks

Thanks to everyone on the ride in BW today. Had a blast. Spent about 3 hours cleaning the steed. I believe mine ended up the dirtiest for some odd reason
Special thanks to Vico's son for trailing me most of the day. Sorry but I am terrible with names the first go around. I certainly look forward to more rides out there. Hopefully I didn't slow you guys up too much. Got more comfortable on the bike as the day went on. Now I need to order my fold away mirrors and adjust the clickers a bit.

Brad
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #24484
Rusty Jug
Studly Adventurer
 
Rusty Jug's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: SW Missouri
Oddometer: 503
Sounds like a fun day! I can't wait!



Sent from inside of my Man Cave to outer space then back to your space.
Rusty Jug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #24485
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,519
Todays Ride

Yea we had a pretty good turn out and a great ride. Right at 60 miles with very little pavement...

I gotta say for all the heat we normally have I have been riding this past 4 or 5 weekends with very little heat and almost no rain. Today was perfect example - well we did have some dust along the way... in the back.

Talk about a mix - here the list in no order

Burmbuster - 690KTM
waysherer - 450 Kaw
jmoore - 450 VOR
SR56 - 230 Honda (he got the big bike award)
Orange Garrett - 450 DRZ
Skid Marks = 300 Hausaber
Gimmie - 5 hunny
Dr Philgood - 525XC - KTM
Vico1 - 5 Hunny

Thanks to all of you for being safe out there.
I know there was some front wheel lofting going on but everyone rode safe and respected the other guys line.

No injuries and no breakdowns

A big +1 for our n00b who did very well for first time out on a big scoot. Well done.

Vids are in the soup now and will post when they are done. How about some of you others with cameras (Wayne!!!). Phil will post when he learns how...

BTW - while I actually enjoy leading (been doing it all my life) but I certainly don't mind if anyone else wants to step up to "Ride Leader" status.

And yes I always give thanks to "tail end Charlie" who keeps us all together. Thanks Phil... I notice he did move up a little once Burmbuster starting getting some sand legs...
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #24486
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life
 
waysherr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: P'cola
Oddometer: 347
Vico

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR56 View Post
I think he is part homing pigeon.

__________________
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth the ride.
waysherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #24487
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Yea we had a pretty good turn out and a great ride. Right at 60 miles with very little pavement...

I gotta say for all the heat we normally have I have been riding this past 4 or 5 weekends with very little heat and almost no rain. Today was perfect example - well we did have some dust along the way... in the back.

Talk about a mix - here the list in no order

Burmbuster - 690KTM
waysherer - 450 Kaw
jmoore - 450 VOR
SR56 - 230 Honda (he got the big bike award)
Orange Garrett - 450 DRZ
Skid Marks = 300 Hausaber
Gimmie - 5 hunny
Dr Philgood - 525XC - KTM
Vico1 - 5 Hunny

Thanks to all of you for being safe out there.
I know there was some front wheel lofting going on but everyone rode safe and respected the other guys line.

No injuries and no breakdowns

A big +1 for our n00b who did very well for first time out on a big scoot. Well done.

Vids are in the soup now and will post when they are done. How about some of you others with cameras (Wayne!!!). Phil will post when he learns how...

BTW - while I actually enjoy leading (been doing it all my life) but I certainly don't mind if anyone else wants to step up to "Ride Leader" status.

And yes I always give thanks to "tail end Charlie" who keeps us all together. Thanks Phil... I notice he did move up a little once Burmbuster starting getting some sand legs...
Good to see you're still at it Vic!

Robin andI leave for our epic. TETS ride tomorrow. I'll post up a RR and catch you when we get back....
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #24488
Rusty Jug
Studly Adventurer
 
Rusty Jug's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: SW Missouri
Oddometer: 503
Vic I hope you don't wear out before next week, I'm pumped for the backwoods of Florida! :)
Rusty Jug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #24489
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods Rider View Post
Good to see you're still at it Vic!

Robin andI leave for our epic. TETS ride tomorrow. I'll post up a RR and catch you when we get back....
You know me.

You guys have a great time and be SAFE out there. Do us a favor and take a few pics to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Jug View Post
Vic I hope you don't wear out before next week, I'm pumped for the backwoods of Florida! :)
Looking forward to showing you around.
I have a video in the works and will post tomorrow. This is what you can expect.

Phil took some awesome video today and I am editing now. You can really tell the difference in quality between my stuff and his HD. Just takes a long time to download etc.
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #24490
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
You know me.

You guys have a great time and be SAFE out there. Do us a favor and take a few pics to share.



Looking forward to showing you around.
I have a video in the works and will post tomorrow. This is what you can expect.

Phil took some awesome video today and I am editing now. You can really tell the difference in quality between my stuff and his HD. Just takes a long time to download etc.
I hope he got me in the ginormous mud puddle. Water above the cylinder and roosting the crap out of myself standing by the bike to get it out. What a site. Or maybe when I was stuck on the log.
He could have made an entire movie of my escapades today!
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #24491
TitaniumKaren
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Florida Panhandle
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
I have a video in the works and will post tomorrow.
TitaniumKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #24492
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life
 
waysherr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: P'cola
Oddometer: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
I have a video in the works and will post tomorrow. Phil took some awesome video today and I am editing now. Just takes a long time to download etc.

It is now 12:30 AM & I just got through editing 2 1/2 hrs of raw footage down to about 20 minutes gonna crash & try to upload tomorrow (today!)...
__________________
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth the ride.
waysherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:55 AM   #24493
jmoore774
VOR - Black Beauties
 
jmoore774's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Gonzalez, Florida
Oddometer: 33
Guys, I really enjoyed the ride Saturday. It was a good mix, rider & terrain wise. I've got buckshot rock blast bruises all over my arms & orange clay muddy water stains on everything. So much for the noob ride. It was more like a fastburn most of the ride ... especially the little tight section of trail that was overgrown, rutted out, mud slicker than cat shit on linoleum, with the numerous fallen logs, vines, and assorted other attention getters. Whoooo hoooo! Lets do it again!
__________________
Mika Ahola, 12/13/74 - 1/15/12, R.I.P
5 Time World Enduro Champ riding Husky, TM, VOR, & Honda Motorcycles. Forever roost in peace!
jmoore774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:18 AM   #24494
SkidBrown
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Milton, FL
Oddometer: 18
Really wanted to make it out guys but my jetting issues and half hearted rear tire would have made things verry tricky. Ill be there next time.

-Jon
SkidBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:26 AM   #24495
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by waysherr View Post
It is now 12:30 AM & I just got through editing 2 1/2 hrs of raw footage down to about 20 minutes gonna crash & try to upload tomorrow (today!)...
Hah! I had my footage plus Phils... done to 1/2 hour myself and still cutting.

10 minutes is about the most anyone will watch...
This footage is SOOOO awesome I may make a CD. That is the only way you can appreciate the full HD power of Phils camera...

Anyway - still souping...
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014