Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #25801
rideawaywk
Wayno

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperz1 View Post
So which one of you fast burners did I see heading south on 87 today? Was in a charity group ride on my buell with son in tow.
I think that was me. I passed a big group of bikes on my way home after our ride. That was my first but not last ride with Vic and the guys...
rideawaywk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #25802
rotorhead511
Live and let live.

Oddometer: 475
Sweet, you know how to ge there? You can follow me if you want.

Vic, any objections to an 830 roll out? MI has to drive to my house from Mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by czonian View Post
I'm in, back from great weekend at Barbers and ready to ride.
'89 Honda Transalp XL600V
rotorhead511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #25803
czonian
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
I'd like to follow u out. Can be at your place at whatever time

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead511 View Post
Sweet, you know how to ge there? You can follow me if you want.

Vic, any objections to an 830 roll out? MI has to drive to my house from Mobile.
czonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #25804
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Oddometer: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
Welp, got a job offer in Tejas and I'm moving there on the DR (don't have a car) friday. Real shame I didn't get to ride with more of you. Gonna miss blackwater a ton- there isn't much within a few hours riding where I'm headed and certainly nothing as pretty.

Take it easy
Where in Texas?
Unless you are wedged deep into DFW or Houston area seems like the rest of Texas has decent pickins for dual sport and MX riders.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #25805
rideawaywk
Wayno

Oddometer: 16
Alright I'm finally on the forum. Looking forward to riding with you guys again this weekend. Just need a time...
rideawaywk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #25806
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by etingelefunts View Post
Where in Texas?
Unless you are wedged deep into DFW or Houston area seems like the rest of Texas has decent pickins for dual sport and MX riders.
Austin

Houston isn't too bad since the national forest is just north of it, but about 2-3 hours from Austin. There are plenty of dirt roads in Texas to explore, but its not like blackwater or eglin. There's Emma long park in Austin but on anything less than a KTM 300 that's a .

There is big bend some hours away though . Blackwater and eglin are really gifts to us dual sporters (and nature lovers in general). You don't really realize it until its time to leave.

I might be getting a truck and wr250r for trips to Colorado and back here to visit family, so I'll be posting here for riding buddies
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #25807
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Oddometer: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
Austin

Houston isn't too bad since the national forest is just north of it, but about 2-3 hours from Austin. There are plenty of dirt roads in Texas to explore, but its not like blackwater or eglin. There's Emma long park in Austin but on anything less than a KTM 300 that's a .

There is big bend some hours away though . Blackwater and eglin are really gifts to us dual sporters (and nature lovers in general). You don't really realize it until its time to leave.

I might be getting a truck and wr250r for trips to Colorado and back here to visit family, so I'll be posting here for riding buddies
Big Bend is a long ways off, but a place I'd spend an entire winter exploring and roughing it given a chance.
">

etingelefunts screwed with this post 10-17-2013 at 12:07 AM
etingelefunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #25808
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,977
Ahh Texas !

I lived in Ft Worth from 76 to 82 and raced the Texas State Enduro and Cross Country circuits. Also rode some of the Black Jack Enduros in OK.

It was always big bike country to me. I ran 390 and 420 Huskys and loved the open parts of TX. Austin was always hill country and Houston was piney woods but everything else was rocks and thorn bushes. God I remember how you would get those thorns stuck in your hands (this was BEFORE hand guards were invented).

That was all in another life time. Who knows what its like now. Enjoy your time and get out there and explore.

Let me know if they still run the Caney Creek Enduro near Austin.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #25809
Vico1
The Maestro

Saturday MItrnsplnt Ride

And Moab too come to think of it.
Froth? come on out for old times sake. We can talk about Riggy and Reidinitaly and all the others.

8:30 roll out seems like a good time. Hopefully it will be cool (weather man says high of 73!!!) so we don't need to beat the heat.

Sounds like a rather large gathering so it should be fun.

You all know to keep it quiet around the campground.

BTW - if any are riding in please note that there is no gas available. If you top out in Baker and can handle 70 miles on a tank you will be ok.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #25810
gulf wanker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
:s uper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Sure come on out and join us.

This Saturday morning will see the return of another PAR fastburner who has been deployed away from us for awhile.

The pace will be fast but all are welcome. I think you will find Blackwater a step above Point Washington (IMHO).

for general info see below:

To all n00bs:
There are generally three types of riding offered on the PAR thread. Hope you enjoy the area riding as much as we all do…

1) ADV rides- slower paced (not slow but slower paced) rides through mostly Blackwater State Park and other areas beyond. Bigger 650s 400s do well on these rides. For those wanting a good ride without a fast pace. Stops, pic opps, and eating are normally on the agenda. Rides are as long or short as folks want.

This is where n00bs should start. Get a feel for the area and the guys.

2) FASTBURN – This is phrase I coined a while back to refer to a much faster paced ride through the tightest trails/jeep roads we can find. Most rides are through Eglin so permits are required. High skill levels are not required but highly recommended. The rides are usually in the morning and are over in 3 to 4 hours. ExRacers wind up in this group.

3) Beasty Rides where the action is almost all street. Great rides through Fl, Al and beyond. Watch for posts. Certain big rides every year. North Monroe County is a favorite ride destination.

YOU MUST HAVE A TAGGED AND STREET LEGAL BIKE FOR ALL RIDES
Meeting Places

Blackwater State Park – Hutton Unit
From Milton – East on HW90 to Hutton Store (about 9 miles from Milton bridge) and turn LEFT on to Deaton Bridge Rd (signs point to State Park and Canoe Rental). Go North 2 miles and Hutton Unit parking will be on the left.

Blackwater State Park – Karick Lake Day Use Area
30 53.740
86 38.425
Go to Baker Florida and go North on 189 for 8 miles and turn Right (East) at the NORTH entrance and follow paved road past two bridges to the Day Use Area. Do NOT go to the South entrance.

Broxson Landing(Eglin Permit Required)

From Pensacola – take I10 East and exit HW87 (Exit 37?) and go South until you cross the big bridge and then turn LEFT to boat ramp and ADV Parking Area.

From 98 – go to Navarre and North on HW87 and then just BEFORE big bridge turn off onto boat ramp area.

Timberlake Pond (Eglin Permit Required)
30 28 30.90 N
86 36 01 61 W
From Pensacola on 98 - Head East until you reach Mary Ester Cut Off. Big Four Lane just past Target. Stay on Mary Ester cut-off until it tees into Beal street. Take a LEFT and keep going about 5 miles. On the way you will pass Fair Grounds on left and Golf Course on Right. You are close. Keep going and look to left for Red Sign and parking area can be seen from road.

From I -10 - Exit I-10 South on 85 towards Niceville. Bear Right at 126 and go to Airport. Just before airport, Turn Right on 4 lane and then take Next (first) right onto one way - then join 4 lane and look for Second Paved Right. (First right is for bicycles) Look for sign - gravel parking area. Park toward the end.

Spec Pond (Eglin Permit Required)

Get On I-10 and get off at Exit 70 (HW285) and then go SOUTH 3 miles and exit at Spec Pond on your LEFT (east side of road). You can see pond from road.

Turkey Trot V – ADV Ride Supreme

November 8 9 10 - Don’t miss it…
gulf wanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #25811
SR56
Bullfrog

Oddometer: 377
WR250R Yamaha

Called R&R a few minutes ago to check on the WR250R they had for sale at one time...it is no longer for sale. The owner changed his mind. Thanks too several of you who mentioned it to me.
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #25812
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
And Moab too come to think of it.
Froth? come on out for old times sake. We can talk about Riggy and Reidinitaly and all the others.

8:30 roll out seems like a good time. Hopefully it will be cool (weather man says high of 73!!!) so we don't need to beat the heat.

Sounds like a rather large gathering so it should be fun.

You all know to keep it quiet around the campground.

BTW - if any are riding in please note that there is no gas available. If you top out in Baker and can handle 70 miles on a tank you will be ok.
Looking forward to seeing everyone, it's like a Fastburn class reunion. Would be good to get Froth out, but that's a shot in the dark......HA! But hey, Moab is going to be there...expecting some log hopping from him and even Mr.Trials (Rotorhead) now. Anyone seen the ghost formally known as Dr.Philgood or our cute little crossdresser S K I T T L E S! It's going to be fun!
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #25813
Vico1
The Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
Looking forward to seeing everyone, it's like a Fastburn class reunion. Would be good to get Froth out, but that's a shot in the dark......HA! But hey, Moab is going to be there...expecting some log hopping from him and even Mr.Trials (Rotorhead) now. Anyone seen the ghost formally known as Dr.Philgood or our cute little crossdresser S K I T T L E S! It's going to be fun!
got word that Dr. Philgood with make it out...

Skid you gonna make it?

OC, OG, SR56, etc.... well?

Old 10-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #25814
Gimmee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
BW Fastburn

N
Gimmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #25815
Vico1
The Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmee View Post
N
That's quite a lengthy message for you!

Hope you can make it.

BTW I am staying at Karick and will prolly take an afternoon ride and watch the sunset if anyone wants to join me.