ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #26281
halmc
Turkey T*urd
 
halmc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Tallahassee, Florida -- home of good ideas
Oddometer: 2,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebert View Post
Sure, I will take a look. What OS and Browser are you using?
DB
Win 7 & IE 11. I'm thinking that the difficulty arose when I was "upgraded" to 11, now that I think on it. PM'd you my username and password.
__________________
BMW R1200RT; KTM 300 XCW; KTM 400 EXC; Suz DR350ES

* * *

Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names -- JFK
halmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #26282
Davebert
Too damn serious!
 
Davebert's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Panhandle Florida
Oddometer: 938
Hal,
I checked with both Firefox (what I use) and also Win7 IE 11 (which I normally never use) and it works with both. Everything looks ok on your PB account. I pm'd you a link on how to enable javascript in IE 11 in case that is your problem. It may be something is trying to protect you like a malware scanner or antivirus app. Try Firefox as it's free and if nothing else just use it for PB. It is a great browser.
DB

__________________
I switched from regular Rotella Triple Protection to the Synthetic T6.

Shouldn't I be doing something else right now?
Davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #26283
halmc
Turkey T*urd
 
halmc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Tallahassee, Florida -- home of good ideas
Oddometer: 2,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebert View Post
Hal,
I checked with both Firefox (what I use) and also Win7 IE 11 (which I normally never use) and it works with both. Everything looks ok on your PB account. I pm'd you a link on how to enable javascript in IE 11 in case that is your problem. It may be something is trying to protect you like a malware scanner or antivirus app. Try Firefox as it's free and if nothing else just use it for PB. It is a great browser.
DB
Many thanks. When I first sat down this AM, I got a notice that Windows had updated itself last night. PB seems to work now, so either you fixed it, or windows did, but I'm gonna give you the credit cuz you're more generous than MS. I have the link you generously sent me, and will tend to the java issue if PB fails to work for me again.

Thanks for your help.

__________________
BMW R1200RT; KTM 300 XCW; KTM 400 EXC; Suz DR350ES

* * *

Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names -- JFK
halmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #26284
Davebert
Too damn serious!
 
Davebert's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Panhandle Florida
Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by halmc View Post
Many thanks. When I first sat down this AM, I got a notice that Windows had updated itself last night. PB seems to work now, so either you fixed it, or windows did, but I'm gonna give you the credit cuz you're more generous than MS. I have the link you generously sent me, and will tend to the java issue if PB fails to work for me again.

Thanks for your help.

No problem. Any time...
DB
__________________
I switched from regular Rotella Triple Protection to the Synthetic T6.

Shouldn't I be doing something else right now?
Davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #26285
halmc
Turkey T*urd
 
halmc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Tallahassee, Florida -- home of good ideas
Oddometer: 2,064
__________________
BMW R1200RT; KTM 300 XCW; KTM 400 EXC; Suz DR350ES

* * *

Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names -- JFK
halmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:53 AM   #26286
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,939
Travels

Barney is riding in Baha and I am in the Bahamas. Barney sent pic but I will have to wait until I get back in CONUS before posting for him.

Safe Journey Brett.

any plans to ride this weekend? Maybe Sunday?
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:59 AM   #26287
rotorhead511
Live and let live.
 
rotorhead511's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Lower Bank, NJ
Oddometer: 474
I wouldn't mind getting out on Sunday. Not sure were the best no hunter zones are. Maybe I should say fewest hunters. How is Timberlake this time of year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Barney is riding in Baha and I am in the Bahamas. Barney sent pic but I will have to wait until I get back in CONUS before posting for him.

Safe Journey Brett.

any plans to ride this weekend? Maybe Sunday?
__________________
'12 450 XC-W
'11 300 XC
'04 GasGas TXT Pro 280
'89 Honda Transalp XL600V
rotorhead511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #26288
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead511 View Post
I wouldn't mind getting out on Sunday. Not sure were the best no hunter zones are. Maybe I should say fewest hunters. How is Timberlake this time of year?
Its actually one of the better areas cause there is no hunting allow for much around there. Certainly better than Spec or Brox...

let me know if you wanna meet over there. Close for me!
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #26289
SR56
Bullfrog
 
SR56's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 373
Bike Bandit Discount

12-13 thru 12-16 if you buy a Gift Card from Bike bandit you get 10% off the card...the code to enter is CARD10. You also get 2.5% in Bandit Bucks so you really get a 12.5% discount. You can buy the card now and use it later...no expiration or you can give them as gifts as well.

For example, if you buy a $200 card it costs you $180 and you get $4.50 in Bandit Bucks.

Like most internet based sites they will also price match just about anything...on the bad side, they don't carry OEM parts for the Orange bikes.

Merry Christmas!
__________________
________________________________________
'08 Honda CRF230L
Dream everyday for "the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
T. E. Lawrence otherwise known as Lawrence of Arabia

SR56 screwed with this post 12-13-2013 at 05:36 PM
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #26290
SingleTrackJeff
Lurker and Hangaround
 
SingleTrackJeff's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl.
Oddometer: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR56 View Post
12-13 thru 12-16 if you buy a Gift Card from Bike bandit you get 10% off the card...the code to enter is CARD10. You also get 2.5% in Bandit Bucks so you really get a 12.5% discount. You can buy the card now and use it later...no expiration or you can give them as gifts as well.

For example, if you buy a $200 card it costs you $180 and you get $4.50 in Bandit Bucks.

Like most internet based sites they will also price match just about anything...on the bad side, they don't carry OEM parts for the Orange bikes.

Merry Christmas!
I am not sure now much, but they also give a discount for being an AMA member also.
SingleTrackJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #26291
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,939
Barney is out west riding around somewhere all by himself. Here is pic he sent but cant post.

Good luck out there !




BTW - Back home and thinking about Sunday ride somewhere.
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #26292
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Barney is out west riding around somewhere all by himself. Here is pic he sent but cant post.

Good luck out there !




BTW - Back home and thinking about Sunday ride somewhere.
Wow Barney's out there alone? He asked me to go but I couldn't. He said he had PapaWhelie going too.

Have fun Barney. Can't wait to hear about your adventure!
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #26293
Barney
I reckon so
 
Barney's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 890
Been riding in Baja since Monday, everything from beach to mountains, no bandito or chupacabra incidents to report so far. Staying in a gay friendly (not that there's anything wrong with that) hotel right off the malecon in LA Paz tonight.
Barney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #26294
rotorhead511
Live and let live.
 
rotorhead511's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Lower Bank, NJ
Oddometer: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Its actually one of the better areas cause there is no hunting allow for much around there. Certainly better than Spec or Brox...

let me know if you wanna meet over there. Close for me!
Let's call it a plan. 0900 rollout or we can go later if you think it'll help with hunters.
__________________
'12 450 XC-W
'11 300 XC
'04 GasGas TXT Pro 280
'89 Honda Transalp XL600V
rotorhead511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #26295
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead511 View Post
Let's call it a plan. 0900 rollout or we can go later if you think it'll help with hunters.
9AM roll out sound fine with me. Its been ages since I have ridden there so how knows what we will find.

Looks like the makings of a fast burn ride...

Who else is in?

Dr Phil and Papa Wheelie may be in.
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014