Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #26281
halmc
Turkey T*urd

Oddometer: 1,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebert View Post
Halmc,
What kind of problems are you having with PhotoBucket? I use it all the time with no problems...
DB
I too have used it for years. But in the last two months or so, I find that while I can up load just fine, once the image is uploaded -- and appearing in "my library" I can't get a any link to it from the pb site.

Oddly enough, that's not always true. Sometimes I can, and on those occasions I'm following the same path that more often fails.

Or at least I think I am. I've taken up with Smugmug recently and it works every time.
halmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:56 AM   #26282
motomike14
Thumper Crusader

Oddometer: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by halmc View Post
I'm not so sure. One gotta consider the provisions of SS 316.125(4): "The provisions of this chapter with respect to equipment required on vehicles shall not apply to motorcycles or motor-driven cycles, except as herein made applicable." And one got to consider the provisions of SS 316.410 and the several sections thereafter that don't address turn sigs.

I researched turn signals some time ago and came to the conclusion that they are not required on m/c's in Fla. I'm too lazy to do it again, but I do still hold that opinion mostly because I'm aware of no change in the law since then.

On another note, If the MSO for your bike designated it as Off Highway Use you can NEVER make it "truly" legal for on road use in Fla, not with Baja kits, not with the addition of batteries, not even with imagination. That's because Florida lacks the equipment, expertise, and inclination to test bikes for a number of things, not the least of which is lighting intensity, braking distances, and the capacity of the lights to maintain a given intensity for a given time with the engine not operating.

That's not to say that you can't fool the Tax Collectors' offices (agents of the DMV) or the DMV itself. But you will always be subject to the DMV getting around to searching their data base of "street legal" bikes for the OHV designation, and possible revocation of your registration -- a revocation, btw, for which you are not entitled to a point of entry into the administrative process.

KTM provided us with a marvelous gray area in that they for years did not designate on the MSO whether the bike was for on or off road. But under threat of our own DMV and of other states, they now do so.

In the big scheme of things, the erroneous registration of off highway use vehicles is not among the state's most compelling problems. But when it comes to addressing problems that we don't have, government has no peer.
If ya gots a bike under 300cc, I have a good way to get a plate

I drink the koolaid too...just not the orange kind.
motomike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #26283
Davebert
Too damn serious!

Oddometer: 810
Quote:
I too have used it for years. But in the last two months or so, I find that while I can up load just fine, once the image is uploaded -- and appearing in "my library" I can't get a any link to it from the pb site.

Oddly enough, that's not always true. Sometimes I can, and on those occasions I'm following the same path that more often fails.

Or at least I think I am. I've taken up with Smugmug recently and it works every time.
Hmmm, I never have that problem. But if you can see the image in PB, just right click on it and select copy, then paste it into the forum text editor when posting a message. This works with most images on the web but not directly from an image editor. Also, check your user settings and make sure the link options are all checked (under the users settings, albums tab).

Thumbnail Settings

Sort order for new albums

Image Rotation

Links

Easy Linking Mode

Link Back Option

DB

Shouldn't I be doing something else right now?
Davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #26284
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,097
Archieve/ Sticky this

Quote:
With all due respect, those are usual suspects for off-road use only insofar as their respective marketing teams are concerned. Same story with the 800XC. I think a more likely scenario to your throwing around an 800XC would have the 800 doing the throwing.

Over the years I've been riding off road (only about 40) I have seen all too many folks go off-road on bikes that had the cosmetics of a dirt bike with few of the capabilities. After one or two ass-bustings -- and expensive fixes of their bikes -- they either buy a capable bike or are discouraged from ever venturing off-road again, with the admitted exception of groomed, Corvette-safe US forest service numbered roads.

Fit was me, I'd keep that trusty cruiser and pick up a street-legal dirt capable bike, which in my opinion has one cylinder and weighs less than any single member of the Seminole defense. Quite a bit less.
Very well said.
Will not put TKC80's on the VStrom because I know the above is true-true-true, and even though I do take it on what would look like a dirt road you could drive a Corvette down, WE ALL SHOULD know dirt roads can get in bad shape in a hurry.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #26285
halmc
Turkey T*urd

Quote:
Hmmm, I never have that problem. But if you can see the image in PB, just right click on it and select copy, then paste it into the forum text editor when posting a message. This works with most images on the web but not directly from an image editor. Also, check your user settings and make sure the link options are all checked (under the users settings, albums tab).

Thumbnail Settings

Sort order for new albums

Link Back Option

DB
That's a good tip, but I had already checked 'em. I think I'll pm you my password and see can you figure it out, if you're willin'.

Say, the University of Florida has just released their bowl T-shirt for 2013:

HAW-HAW!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #26286
Davebert
Too damn serious!

Quote:
That's a good tip, but I had already checked 'em. I think I'll pm you my password and see can you figure it out, if you're willin'.
Sure, I will take a look. What OS and Browser are you using?
DB

Old 12-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #26287
halmc
Turkey T*urd

Quote:
Sure, I will take a look. What OS and Browser are you using?
DB
Win 7 & IE 11. I'm thinking that the difficulty arose when I was "upgraded" to 11, now that I think on it. PM'd you my username and password.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #26288
Davebert
Too damn serious!

Hal,
I checked with both Firefox (what I use) and also Win7 IE 11 (which I normally never use) and it works with both. Everything looks ok on your PB account. I pm'd you a link on how to enable javascript in IE 11 in case that is your problem. It may be something is trying to protect you like a malware scanner or antivirus app. Try Firefox as it's free and if nothing else just use it for PB. It is a great browser.
DB

Old 12-12-2013, 04:39 AM   #26289
halmc
Turkey T*urd

Quote:
Hal,
I checked with both Firefox (what I use) and also Win7 IE 11 (which I normally never use) and it works with both. Everything looks ok on your PB account. I pm'd you a link on how to enable javascript in IE 11 in case that is your problem. It may be something is trying to protect you like a malware scanner or antivirus app. Try Firefox as it's free and if nothing else just use it for PB. It is a great browser.
DB
Many thanks. When I first sat down this AM, I got a notice that Windows had updated itself last night. PB seems to work now, so either you fixed it, or windows did, but I'm gonna give you the credit cuz you're more generous than MS. I have the link you generously sent me, and will tend to the java issue if PB fails to work for me again.

Thanks for your help.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #26290
Davebert
Too damn serious!

Quote:
Many thanks. When I first sat down this AM, I got a notice that Windows had updated itself last night. PB seems to work now, so either you fixed it, or windows did, but I'm gonna give you the credit cuz you're more generous than MS. I have the link you generously sent me, and will tend to the java issue if PB fails to work for me again.

Thanks for your help.

No problem. Any time...
DB

Old 12-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #26291
halmc
Turkey T*urd

Old 12-13-2013, 04:53 AM   #26292
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,552
Travels

Barney is riding in Baha and I am in the Bahamas. Barney sent pic but I will have to wait until I get back in CONUS before posting for him.

Safe Journey Brett.

any plans to ride this weekend? Maybe Sunday?

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #26293
rotorhead511
Live and let live.

Oddometer: 428
I wouldn't mind getting out on Sunday. Not sure were the best no hunter zones are. Maybe I should say fewest hunters. How is Timberlake this time of year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Barney is riding in Baha and I am in the Bahamas. Barney sent pic but I will have to wait until I get back in CONUS before posting for him.

Safe Journey Brett.

any plans to ride this weekend? Maybe Sunday?
'89 Honda Transalp XL600V (Coming in Sep)
rotorhead511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #26294
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead511 View Post
I wouldn't mind getting out on Sunday. Not sure were the best no hunter zones are. Maybe I should say fewest hunters. How is Timberlake this time of year?
Its actually one of the better areas cause there is no hunting allow for much around there. Certainly better than Spec or Brox...

let me know if you wanna meet over there. Close for me!

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #26295
SR56
Bullfrog

Oddometer: 270
Bike Bandit Discount

12-13 thru 12-16 if you buy a Gift Card from Bike bandit you get 10% off the card...the code to enter is CARD10. You also get 2.5% in Bandit Bucks so you really get a 12.5% discount. You can buy the card now and use it later...no expiration or you can give them as gifts as well.

For example, if you buy a $200 card it costs you $180 and you get $4.50 in Bandit Bucks.

Like most internet based sites they will also price match just about anything...on the bad side, they don't carry OEM parts for the Orange bikes.

Merry Christmas!
T. E. Lawrence otherwise known as Lawrence of Arabia

SR56 screwed with this post 12-13-2013 at 04:36 PM
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote