User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #26386
ElusivePedro
Layin' Low

Oddometer: 2,587
Talking

She sure is easy on the eyes. Whatta slick piece of machinery. Get thumbs up all the time. :-) She rides real nice too.

"Buttercup" - '04 AN250 Helix
ElusivePedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #26387
Dirtwoman
Plexus Princess

Oddometer: 221
Hard Labor Creek today...

Was GRRRRRREAT! Perfect weather Dexter, the ole KTM rider that runs the place added lots more trails than the last time we were out there. If you haven't been out there yet and love to ride dirt trails... that is the place to be plus I understand they are doing a harscramble out there soon... I was looking forward to doing my first enduro soon, but maybe I could start with a harscramble first. Hatch we missed you!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #26388
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,979
mehh me too. Instead I was service testing new fire hose yay!

I think I may make the HLC harescramble my first HS as well - we can lose together!

Who else is gonna bang bars Feb 2nd at the ball 'n chain?
Old 12-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #26389
MadMax400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
mehh me too. Instead I was service testing new fire hose yay!

I think I may make the HLC harescramble my first HS as well - we can lose together!

Who else is gonna bang bars Feb 2nd at the ball 'n chain?
I'm in! See you there.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:55 AM   #26390
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,822
Good Option

HLC would be a SAFE option during hunting season.

I rode Black Water with Waysherr, Papa Wheelie, and Skid=Marks over Friday and Saturday. Hunters were all over the place. Words were passed and looks given. One place there were about 5 hunters parked IN THE ROAD and the guy threw up his hands like "what the hell are you guys doing to us". Amazing.

BTW we did have a nice conversation with BW Ranger or what ever they are. He said Karick will start to charge $2.00 each for parking at the day use center sometime in mid January. I don't believe this has anything to do with motorcycles but just a way to increase funds. We may have to find a free spot to meet and ride (Hutton Unit only North). Although 2 bucks aint bad.

After all that I want to wish all of you a very wonderful Holiday Season. And to be politically incorrect... Merry Christmas you FFs.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #26391
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,203
Vic and everyone,

I hardly hunt at all, but can appreciate the position of the hunters.

MANY of my customers do hunt and I can tell you that we are defiantly in danger when we ride out there during hunting season.
We chose a sport that already has fairly large risk that we accept and try to manage.
Riding this time of year in hunting areas have the remote possibility of a "accident" of a different kind than we're use to.

Take that anyway you want.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #26392
mikej55
Livin the Dream

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax400 View Post
I'm in! See you there.
I will be there too! I rode it last year also and it was a pretty good run.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #26393
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer: 445
Karick vid

Here's the video from Sat., a little long but Vic was on the gas & it's hard to "cut" stuff out but we had a great ride Check out the yota in the last minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-j0Z...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #26394
SingleTrackJeff
Lurker and Hangaround

Oddometer: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
Vic and everyone,

I hardly hunt at all, but can appreciate the position of the hunters.

MANY of my customers do hunt and I can tell you that we are defiantly in danger when we ride out there during hunting season.
We chose a sport that already has fairly large risk that we accept and try to manage.
Riding this time of year in hunting areas have the remote possibility of a "accident" of a different kind than we're use to.

Take that anyway you want.
Maybe we should all ware camo and put gun racks down the forks.
SingleTrackJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #26395
Vico1
The Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
First off Im sorry I mentioning the Hunters thing again. Its been beat to death.

I don't want hunters to stop hunting. They enjoy it. They deserve it. And whether we mess up their hunting or not - it doesn't matter cause they believe we do and that's what matters!

I do my best to let them alone and not spoil their day. I just try an stay away from the dirt during heavy hunting season. BUT sometimes a guys get a new bike and wants to ride. I just wish THEY would be a little more tolerant of US.

Also - I really don't want to believe that one human being would actually shoot another over a deer hunt.

End of Subject for me.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #26396
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,979
just to add some pennies to the convo

I was driving a jackson guard fire engine around a block of woods we were about to burn, a group of hunters had purposely blocked the road with their trucks so that I couldn't get around and stood there with arms crossed and shotguns in hand. I got out and put on my best customer service face and asked hows it going guys? I was greeted by a hulk of a man right in my face telling me that this was HIS woods and he was gonna hunt there whether we liked it or not and that I was gonna have to take my pretty red truck and turn around.
Some of these guys are out of touch with reality.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #26397
MadMax400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 968
Quote:

I was driving a jackson guard fire engine around a block of woods we were about to burn, a group of hunters had purposely blocked the road with their trucks so that I couldn't get around and stood there with arms crossed and shotguns in hand. I got out and put on my best customer service face and asked hows it going guys? I was greeted by a hulk of a man right in my face telling me that this was HIS woods and he was gonna hunt there whether we liked it or not and that I was gonna have to take my pretty red truck and turn around.
Apparently they do not understand that they are hunting on a Federal Military Reservation. One quick phone call would put an end to that stupidity!
Old 12-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #26398
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,203
Quote:

^^^^^^
What Hatch say's

Those fellas shouldn't be allowed to handle guns.
But they ARE.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #26399
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer: 1,742
Quote:

Years ago we had a BIG woods fire and had engines, tankers, brush-trucks,and any thing else that had a pump and water, standing by for the fire to come to to put every thing we had to protect a subdivision. This we had the road blocked and every body out of the houses, and hoses stretched out, And this woman comes runs our road block running over charged hoses and said to me I cant f-ing block the road and a bunch of other crap. I says to her I the Captain of JVFD and on site commander of this area of the fire and she needs to leave or id have the deputy arrest her. She said I could not do that and more cuss words and found out some things I did not know about my momma. So I waved the deputy over and proved I could in fact have here Ass arrested.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #26400
Vico1
The Maestro

Great Vid

Even if it was mostly of me!

Got splashed a couple times huh?

I will put up some of YOU soon...