ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 09:08 PM   #27271
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life
 
waysherr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: P'cola
Oddometer: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Check the PM site for video of Pre ride.
Vic,I don't see it....... it's probably me
__________________
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth the ride.
waysherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:13 PM   #27272
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,974
Try video again. I posted it to two sites and its should be up there now.

Also have PM thread un Southeast region...
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #27273
Davebert
Too damn serious!
 
Davebert's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Panhandle Florida
Oddometer: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDUB77 View Post
Has Anyone plated a KTM SX-F before?? Just woundering if it's any different than a XC.....

Thanks
If it already has a plate on it and is current or recent then it's usually fine. If it was originally purchased out of the state and the original purchaser didn't plan on riding it on the road, he/she could have made that practically impossible when the title was created. Don't hand over any cash until that fact is obtained with an option of a refund if you can't get a tag.
__________________
I switched from regular Rotella Triple Protection to the Synthetic T6.

Shouldn't I be doing something else right now?
Davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:39 AM   #27274
GDUB77
Adventurer
 
GDUB77's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Niceville, Florida
Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebert View Post
If it already has a plate on it and is current or recent then it's usually fine. If it was originally purchased out of the state and the original purchaser didn't plan on riding it on the road, he/she could have made that practically impossible when the title was created. Don't hand over any cash until that fact is obtained with an option of a refund if you can't get a tag.
Thanks guys. Think this might be the case. Besides everything I have read on line points to only a 4 speed for the '13 kTm 450 sxf. Owell I will keep looking. Thanks for your guys help.
__________________
A wise ol motocrosser once told me. "As we get older there aren't a lot of good riding days left so don't miss any if you can help it".

'09 KTM 400 XC-W. Sold
'13 KTM 450 XC-F.
GDUB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #27275
SR56
Bullfrog
 
SR56's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 377
450 ktm

The US version of the 450 SX-F is a 5 speed. The Euro version is a 4 speed. I Google "KTM USA" to get the US bikes and specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDUB77 View Post
Thanks guys. Think this might be the case. Besides everything I have read on line points to only a 4 speed for the '13 kTm 450 sxf. Owell I will keep looking. Thanks for your guys help.
__________________
________________________________________
'08 Honda CRF230L
Dream everyday for "the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
T. E. Lawrence otherwise known as Lawrence of Arabia

SR56 screwed with this post 03-17-2014 at 09:17 AM
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #27276
Ogre_fl
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ogre_fl's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Cook Bayou, FL
Oddometer: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by halmc View Post
Any of y'all know what became of that KTM 640 that appeared on Okaloosa CL a short while back? Was the axing price not $4300, and to my eye, that bike has a 19" front wheel? Thanks . . .
Not sure what you are looking for, but FWIW that bike has the stock 21" dual disc front wheel.

Ogre_fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #27277
GDUB77
Adventurer
 
GDUB77's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Niceville, Florida
Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR56 View Post
The US version of the 450 SX-F is a 5 speed. The Euro version is a 4 speed. I Google "KTM USA" to get the US bikes and specs.
Thanks for the back up. Guess I read a EU review. Anyways seems like he didn't want to give all the info about the title or lack there of.
__________________
A wise ol motocrosser once told me. "As we get older there aren't a lot of good riding days left so don't miss any if you can help it".

'09 KTM 400 XC-W. Sold
'13 KTM 450 XC-F.
GDUB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #27278
SR56
Bullfrog
 
SR56's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 377
Plating a SX-F

GDUB77...check your PMs. I sent you a lengthy message on plating.

For anybody wanting to legally ride a KTM on Eglin or Blackwater, my first recommendation would be to buy the 350/500 EXC which comes off the show room floor 100% street legal and ready to go. The 690 does too and is an excellent option for some but it is a little too much bike for me.

The best local option is to go see Davo at D&D Cycles. Yes, Davo is his real name and he is very helpful.
__________________
________________________________________
'08 Honda CRF230L
Dream everyday for "the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
T. E. Lawrence otherwise known as Lawrence of Arabia

SR56 screwed with this post 03-18-2014 at 10:55 AM
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #27279
Vico1
The Maestro
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR56 View Post
GDUB77...check your PMs. I sent you a lengthy message on plating.
Can you send to me also ... always wondered if it was ok to put bread plate on top of salad plate at a crowded table. And what about finger bowls?

So many plating questions so little time...







yes I know am an asshat! been called that by the best!
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #27280
Orange Crushed
Studly Adventurer
 
Orange Crushed's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Can you send to me also ... always wondered if it was ok to put bread plate on top of salad plate at a crowded table. And what about finger bowls?

So many plating questions so little time...







yes I know am an asshat! been called that by the best!
__________________
2010 KTM 530 EXC Champions Edition
2002 KLR-250
1988 Kawasaki KE-100
Orange Crushed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #27281
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 10,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Can you send to me also ... always wondered if it was ok to put bread plate on top of salad plate at a crowded table. And what about finger bowls?

So many plating questions so little time...

And what's with all the different forks... salad fork, dinner fork, cocktail fork, cartridge fork, fish fork, USD fork?

That's a lot of fukken forks!
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #27282
GDUB77
Adventurer
 
GDUB77's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Niceville, Florida
Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
And what's with all the different forks... salad fork, dinner fork, cocktail fork, cartridge fork, fish fork, USD fork?

That's a lot of fukken forks!
Once again thanks for all the info. Even despite all the FORK in your windows BS!!

Called the tax collectors office "Big Asshats" but basicly I was told as long as the title doesn't say anything about "off road only" they will tag it and if it does you have to get it inspected (DOT tires, blinkers, horn all that BS) to get a tag. Guess we will see!!!
__________________
A wise ol motocrosser once told me. "As we get older there aren't a lot of good riding days left so don't miss any if you can help it".

'09 KTM 400 XC-W. Sold
'13 KTM 450 XC-F.
GDUB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:45 PM   #27283
Jalias
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Check the PM site for video of Pre ride. Great ride and glad I make it before the rains.





Welcome n00bs. Great time of the year to join in. Stay tuned and join in the ride that will be posted up. BTW refer to post #2 for info on rides in this area.
Thanks Vico1.
Jalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:01 PM   #27284
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life
 
waysherr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: P'cola
Oddometer: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDUB77 View Post
Once again thanks for all the info. Even despite all the FORK in your windows BS!!

Called the tax collectors office "Big Asshats" but basicly I was told as long as the title doesn't say anything about "off road only" they will tag it and if it does you have to get it inspected (DOT tires, blinkers, horn all that BS) to get a tag. Guess we will see!!!


GDUB,
If you are looking at SXF's remember they don't have lighting coils or the wiring in the harness to support all the extra stuff With enough $$$ you can pull it off but it's just not worth it IMO. If its a FLA bike with title they don't even need to see it, BUT, if its from out of state,they will want to see it which opens it up to SOMEBODY'S OPINION at that moment which could be a can of worms
__________________
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth the ride.
waysherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #27285
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,909
450 sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDUB77 View Post
Thanks for the back up. Guess I read a EU review. Anyways seems like he didn't want to give all the info about the title or lack there of.
If anyone's looking for a platable KTM 450 SXF my sons is for sale and it's sweet!

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/mcy/4380337407.html
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014