Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #27526
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 3,086
good luck BZ

in other news,

I will be moving to Colorado by the end of the month! Got me one o dem wildland firefighting jobs. Gonna be stationed in Montrose, between Grand Junction and Telluride. Workin for the BLM on a type 6 engine.

My question is - where do all you FFs ride when you vacation up there? Also, any idea about OHV regulations? Seems they may require a sticker of some sort?

I'm headin out a lil early to acclimate/ride.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #27527
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert

Oddometer: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
good luck BZ

in other news,

I will be moving to Colorado by the end of the month! Got me one o dem wildland firefighting jobs. Gonna be stationed in Montrose, between Grand Junction and Telluride. Workin for the BLM on a type 6 engine.

My question is - where do all you FFs ride when you vacation up there? Also, any idea about OHV regulations? Seems they may require a sticker of some sort?

Wow! Hate to see ya go but that sounds like a killer deal. And uber pretty area. Have been to both Telluride and Grand Junction, very nice area, you'll love it. Need to get a snowmobile for the winters then you'll be set. Good luck man.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #27528
r_bin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 703
Good luck out there, Hatch.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #27529
HonMudDog
"ORIGINAL" LowBudgetRider

Oddometer: 116
Perry Mtn adventure 4 fun, no time keepers

Yo Yo PAR riders,
Looks like I can't drag the ButcherMan(K-dub) up with me & Mr. Walker is headed to Tenn this wknd to do a family/nephew ride. So it's a solo round trip 4 bonzo here.

Hope 1-2 pm arrival Fri.aft, Vic PM or Email me with gps route/tracks I will try & load on my garmin dinosaur & let me know where to pasture park, I'll work on getting the PAR ADV flagpole up & wild turkey feathers flying.

Thanks to the duke & club for this offering & all efforts involved. Looking forward to seeing all the gent's & mongrels that I missed last Turkey Trot via mis-diagnosed heart attack bruhaha. ( 1.8 mile , $809 waah-mbulance ride for nought)

Ride till ya puke,
JohnnyP

XR650L aka " THE BEAST " tad modify'd ( 2 far farkel'd )
KTM 400 MXC RFS
Safer thru trees @ 45 mph than on tarmac w/caged cell yapping clowns
HonMudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:05 AM   #27530
rotorhead511
Live and let live.

Oddometer: 475
Badass riding over there.

All you need is a plate and an annual OHV sticker. I think it cost us $15 when we went. We road the Telluride/Ouray areas for six days. There is plenty out there. Start lurking on the Colorado regional page or PM MItrnsplt for some good tracks.

And be warned, Calico Trail and Black Bear Pass are a couple of the most spectacular, treacherous, difficult trails out there.

I'm jealous, I'm only moving to NJ.

Quote:
good luck BZ

in other news,

'89 Honda Transalp XL600V

rotorhead511 screwed with this post 04-09-2014 at 04:11 AM
rotorhead511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:12 AM   #27531
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,128
Quote:
good luck BZ

in other news,

Congrats. .

I've only ridden out there twice. Once near the Telluride area and the second in Buena Vista. Awesome, you'll love it. Taylor Park requires a permit and is a must do if you like knarly single track.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:07 AM   #27532
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Oddometer: 815
Quote:
...in other news,

I will be moving to Colorado by the end of the month!...
Enjoy Colorado brother. Happy for you. We talked how cool it is out west, and you beat me to it. Go west young man !!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #27533
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer: 1,749
Quote:
good luck BZ

in other news,

Was going to do that years ago, Went over and did the Red Card training with Fl State forestry, took them 7 months to send me my card, and then they had put my fathers name were my name was to go. could not get them to give me a correct card.

Got a like new par. of Black Diamond mod. # 0909 leather wild-land boots, lace up. 14" tall size 11W, used maybe 3 times in small grass fires, no cuts or scraches, paid around $290.00.

I would take a $50

Dont forget your spark arrester , you dont need to create work. and put in for smoke-jumper, They say its REAL EASY.....
Old 04-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #27534
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,941
You will be missed

Quote:
good luck BZ

in other news,

Good luck and keep in touch. Still only a click away on ADV !

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #27535
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead511 View Post
All you need is a plate and an annual OHV sticker. I think it cost us $15 when we went. We road the Telluride/Ouray areas for six days. There is plenty out there. Start lurking on the Colorado regional page or PM MItrnsplt for some good tracks.

And be warned, Calico Trail and Black Bear Pass are a couple of the most spectacular, treacherous, difficult trails out there.

I'm jealous, I'm only moving to NJ.
awesome, good intel - thank ya sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Congrats. .

I've only ridden out there twice. Once near the Telluride area and the second in Buena Vista. Awesome, you'll love it. Taylor Park requires a permit and is a must do if you like knarly single track.
more good intel! thanks man! btw, comms incoming when I've got a minute re: drz

Quote:
Originally Posted by etingelefunts View Post
Go west young man !!
your voice of wisdom is one of the many that told me the very same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestrider View Post
put in for smoke-jumper, They say its REAL EASY.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Good luck and keep in touch. Still only a click away on ADV !
Thank ya maestro, I'll definitely be keeping in touch, after this summer I very well may be back for a winter season of burning on eglin.. that is, unless I find more preferable winter work over there.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #27536
SR56
Bullfrog

Oddometer: 374
Riding

Hatch,

Thanks for all the good info, advice and pictures...have a blast with the new terrain (not much sand). There is some elevation change out there I hear...the drive to the top of Mt Evans (14,270') is very nice (highest paved road in North America) but do a little research on elevation sickness, seriously, it can affect those of us who have lived down low (sea level) for a while.
Just don't end up like this guy...I filed it away for future use.

T. E. Lawrence otherwise known as Lawrence of Arabia
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #27537
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer: 446
Perry Mtn.

I'm out guys, major equipment failures at the plant today & it looks like the o/t is gonna be mandatory! Y'all have fun & be careful
Old 04-09-2014, 09:46 PM   #27538
YJake
Roaming

Oddometer: 321
Beasty Ride This Weekend?

If anybody feels like riding the Gulf I think I'm heading to New Orleans Saturday morning. I may spend the night I may not, depends on how I'm feeling. Hell, I may leave Friday after work and ride all weekend.

If anybody is interested let me know. The weather looks great this weekend and I'm ready to ride

-Jake
Old 04-10-2014, 05:35 AM   #27539
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,941
Perry Mountain DS Ride - April 12

Im in the final stages of preparation. Does anyone have any blinker fluid to spare. I used all mine and Dr Z needs some!

"My Radar" says Sunny for the rest of the week at Perry Mountain. Maybe the woods gods will smile on us and we will have dust and not mud.

YJake - turn north and come join us at Perry Mountain. It aint NOLA but someone is bringing crawfish...and there might be something to drink.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:58 AM   #27540
papa wheelie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Im in the final stages of preparation. Does anyone have any blinker fluid to spare. I used all mine and Dr Z needs some!

"My Radar" says Sunny for the rest of the week at Perry Mountain. Maybe the woods gods will smile on us and we will have dust and not mud.

YJake - turn north and come join us at Perry Mountain. It aint NOLA but someone is bringing crawfish...and there might be something to drink.
I have some blinker fluid to spare. right side or left?