Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #27961
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
vic, if ya waited a lil bit ya coulda rode the arkansas train robber enduro!
the only time i rode it, it was pouring rain so hard at the start line I couldn't see my minute on the scoreboard

speaking of enduro/endurance
today I rode the absolutelyfuckinhardest trail ive ever ridden. place called dry creek ohv area about 10 min from home

trail called "fingers"
made perry mountain's worst look like ...blackwater?
colorado will hurt you fellas. this aint no country for "cruisin"
it's balls out, or you ain't gettin out!
pics to follow, when I get the time..
I rode the Train Robbers twice. Once it was awesome - but they messed up a check for something... and once it was raining and a real mess. Plus it was long way to go for a ride....

Enjoy your Colorraado experience. I rode several enduros while I was living in Ft Worth. Awesome place for a flatlander. I remember one Enduro that started at the bottom of Pikes Peak and when up to top and back. You jetted for the middle and hoped for the best. I was on Husky 420 back then.

Enjoy your time out there but listen to me ..."don't break ANYTHING".

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:57 AM   #27962
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert

Oddometer: 571
Hurricane Lake Today

Meeting Corey @ Hurricane Lake south for 10 am roll out today. Sorry for short 3 hr notice, set it up last night and I meant to post up but fell asleep.

Any and all are welcome to join us if you can play today. Plan on 60-75 miles.
OrangeGarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #27963
Dirtwoman
Plexus Princess

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR56 View Post
Is that a Kawador or a Labrasaki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
We have never been to Arkansas so when the wife said she would like to go we made it a visit/ride/get away kinda thing. Short story we had a wonderful trip.

Great time but honestly the North GA is a LOT closer!!!

Great pictures! That food looked yummy too. I have been wanting to go to Arkansas, but just have not worked out yet.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #27964
GDUB77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Wink Suspension help

Anyone know a good suspension person to help me out with the '13 KTM 450 xcf it's just seems really harsh guess a revalue or something. Thanks in advance.

'09 KTM 400 XC-W. Sold
'13 KTM 450 XC-F.
GDUB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #27965
sperz1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDUB77 View Post
Anyone know a good suspension person to help me out with the '13 KTM 450 xcf it's just seems really harsh guess a revalue or something. Thanks in advance.
http://www.rrracing.net/

Bob is a top notch guy. Several inmates here will vouch for this. He did the front end on my DR not long ago.

2009 Buell XB12xp
1998 Suzuki DR350se
sperz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #27966
GDUB77
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperz1 View Post
http://www.rrracing.net/

Bob is a top notch guy. Several inmates here will vouch for this. He did the front end on my DR not long ago.
Thanks sperz I have heard of Bob but didn't know how to get ahold of him. Once again thanks.

'09 KTM 400 XC-W. Sold
'13 KTM 450 XC-F.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #27967
lapdog
Old Skool

Oddometer: 51
Thumb suspension

Another vote for Bob at R n R racing. He is the best and will treat you fair
lapdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #27968
lapdog
Old Skool

Oddometer: 51
Ride

Hey shout out to Vic when are you leading another group thru Blackwater? I wanna do that again and bring college boy (my 21 year old son) that's here for the summer
lapdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #27969
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,897
Train Robbers Enduro

One of my all time faves! Like a roller coaster with rocks. I'll never forget catching Mark Hillburn (same class) who was three rows in front of me before the first check.

Crazy Jim Cook and his buddies decided it would be fun to route us across a rock face about 40 miles in. I watched Mark fall down the hill and thought, OK, he's done. Bastard got back up and diced with me till the end. Still beat him though.

Glad you had fun Vic.

I left you a vm.

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #27970
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer: 753
Cool2 fork setup

Quote:
Hey GDUB;
Before you spend your hard earned $$$ on a "revalve", etc., make sure you have got your sag set right and the click adjustments front and rear set to factory specs., compression and rebound. It is highly unlikely you need a "revalve". The click adjustments are very sensitive on the newer USD forks. I have made great improvement to my 2012 Husaberg forks by carefully tracking adjustments. Just start moving in the desired direction-- probably less compression and less rebound damping. If you reduce compression damping, decrease rebound damping the same, to start. Especially if there is a section where you particularly notice harshness, take a break, make the adjustment, and ride that section again.

If that doesn't make the forks smooth (plush) enough for you, and it still has the stock fork seals, upgrade to the best fork seals you can find (like SKF) to eliminate stiction. It would probably be worthwhile to confirm your weight is matched to the fork springs, especially if you bought the bike used, but if the suspension is set up correctly, the forks should work pretty well for riders between 155 and 200 lbs. without a lot of adjustment.

I did have to change my fork springs--I bought my bike used-- it had heavier springs than I needed for my weight--165 lbs. R&R did the spring install, but I do all my own suspension work now...

Just my 2 cents.
Anybody can go fast in a straight line...
skid=mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #27971
GDUB77
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid=mark View Post
Hey GDUB;
Before you spend your hard earned $$$ on a "revalve", etc., make sure you have got your sag set right and the click adjustments front and rear set to factory specs., compression and rebound. It is highly unlikely you need a "revalve". The click adjustments are very sensitive on the newer USD forks. I have made great improvement to my 2012 Husaberg forks by carefully tracking adjustments. Just start moving in the desired direction-- probably less compression and less rebound damping. If you reduce compression damping, decrease rebound damping the same, to start. Especially if there is a section where you particularly notice harshness, take a break, make the adjustment, and ride that section again.

If that doesn't make the forks smooth (plush) enough for you, and it still has the stock fork seals, upgrade to the best fork seals you can find (like SKF) to eliminate stiction. It would probably be worthwhile to confirm your weight is matched to the fork springs, especially if you bought the bike used, but if the suspension is set up correctly, the forks should work pretty well for riders between 155 and 200 lbs. without a lot of adjustment.

I did have to change my fork springs--I bought my bike used-- it had heavier springs than I needed for my weight--165 lbs. R&R did the spring install, but I do all my own suspension work now...

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks Skid. I set sag before I ever rode the bike and also had it resprong for my weight. I tried the 3 stock KTM settings. Thinking maybe I should have left the stock springs. To me the bike just does not corner well. Thought about getting a ride lower link and backing the clickers way back and to see what happens. Harsh ness at the track seemed fine but at hard labor creek it was rough. I know that place is rough just thought/hoped it would soak up the bumps/roots better.
Hey do you do your own suspension work do you have the vacuum pump gauge thing that KTM says you need for doing WP forks. Or is that BS anyways just wondering. Thanks again.

'09 KTM 400 XC-W. Sold
'13 KTM 450 XC-F.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:53 AM   #27972
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,820
General Info and griping

So about three weeks ago - based on recommendation of Glen at KTM World- I sent my 500 cylinder and head to Millennium Technologies in WI. I have called them several times to see how they are progressing. So far they are still waiting on a "valve".... which I can get overnight BTW.

I should have used someone closer. I believe Mad Max had better luck with his guy in GA. Anyway... that's the story there. Im a little pissed. AND they are not cheap...

We will see how this works out.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #27973
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,858
Quote:
So about three weeks ago - based on recommendation of Glen at KTM World- I sent my 500 cylinder and head to Millennium Technologies in WI. I have called them several times to see how they are progressing. So far they are still waiting on a "valve".... which I can get overnight BTW.

I should have used someone closer. I believe Mad Max had better luck with his guy in GA. Anyway... that's the story there. Im a little pissed. AND they are not cheap...

Yep
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #27974
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer: 753
Forks

Quote:
Thanks Skid. I set sag before I ever rode the bike and also had it resprong for my weight. I tried the 3 stock KTM settings. Thinking maybe I should have left the stock springs. To me the bike just does not corner well. Thought about getting a ride lower link and backing the clickers way back and to see what happens. Harsh ness at the track seemed fine but at hard labor creek it was rough. I know that place is rough just thought/hoped it would soak up the bumps/roots better.
Hey do you do your own suspension work do you have the vacuum pump gauge thing that KTM says you need for doing WP forks. Or is that BS anyways just wondering. Thanks again.

Yep, have all the tools to perform all the maintenance/rebuild for those forks. Sounds like we had the same complaint--harshness over roots/small sharp bumps, etc. It was great on the big hits. Small to medium stutter bumps at speed were aggravating and tiring. Roots were physically painful to hit.

I have seen situations where the technician, not being as familiar with the bladder forks, doesn't put any air in them. While they WILL operate w/out air, it is not designed to work that way. That is one of the reasons I bought the tools. I can do simple stuff like changing oil, or adjusting air in the bladder, fork seals, etc.

Once you decide where you want to take the bike for a repair/tune up/rebuild, then ALL the adjustments after that are a logistics/time issue loading and delivering the bike back to the shop-- that part I didn't like. Plus, I can make minor or experimental changes myself on a rainy day or evening w/ very little downtime.

Not saying you need to buy tools and do your own work, but I would definitely make sure you have done what you can before taking it to the local shop. It will make it much easier for the repair facility, and easier for you to dial it in when you get it back. My experience was that for these forks, it wasn't just bolt on and go... I was ready to trade mine for the older style which are easier to adjust but not as good overall for aggressive riding, until I decided I should man up and fix the damn things!

If you wanna borrow the hypodermic needle to refill/adjust the bladder, LMK. I use my mountain bike shock/fork air pump with the KTM needle and it works great...

PS, since you are down that way near PapaWheelie (Steve), if you get a chance to ride with him, he has a pretty good handle on dialing in those forks... Might could give you some advice on adjustments...
Anybody can go fast in a straight line...
skid=mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #27975
GDUB77
Adventurer

Quote:

Man Vic I kind of fill some of the pain. I bought a complete light kit from Doctor Endro back on Apr 18th and still have not seen my lights. They would not e-mail me back or call me back. I had to threaten to can the credit card people to protest payment and write bad reviews (which I probably will still do) to get them to call me back. They blamed it on the back ordered parts and every thing else. Still no reason not to call or email me. They also said they now have everything. I told them the have until the end of the week before I call the cc people. So I guess we will see.
For everyone else I would not order form doctor endro!!!!

'09 KTM 400 XC-W. Sold
'13 KTM 450 XC-F.