User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2014, 06:04 AM   #29296
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,976
LBL this weekend?

Ive lost track. Is LBL this coming weekend?

You guys have fun. Im in DC this week and wont be back till Friday late.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #29297
Allaces
Clowns to left of me

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Ive lost track. Is LBL this coming weekend?

You guys have fun. Im in DC this week and wont be back till Friday late.
Yes sir.....LBL this weekend. Leaving on friday. Have fun in D.C.
Allaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #29298
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaces View Post
Yes sir.....LBL this weekend. Leaving on friday. Have fun in D.C.
Brad G. and me (more rhyming) leaving friday too.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #29299
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert

Oddometer: 655
Smoky's, TET, Big Dog DS Route

Been a great five days of riding, over a thousand miles, no bike problems, no weather issues, nobody fell down, (except me while crossing a stream with boulders that have owl snot on them) Two days of twisty tarmac with Waysherr and Skid, and a butt load of off road utopia splore'n.

Skid said that Waysherr rides like old people f#*^. And he should change his name to Wayslow. He was so bored he left yesterday and Waysherr rolled out this morning leaving me all by myself. Ahh, life just keeps get'n better n better.
Just kid'n, I'm just not into shirt'n Atlanta between the hours of 8 and 10 am.

Will post some pics, eat breakfast and head for home. Was gonna hit Highland Park or Cheaha for one more day but my body hurts in more places than I could ever imagine.

Yesterday I made it from Robbinsville NC to Tellico TN and back. 88% non-paved, awesome. Even found some single track, got lost, then got really lost and scared. Got a signal, shot a video with phone where I'm crying and begging Waysherr to come find me. NO response. Oh well, that's why it's called Adventure Riding. For me, it was a truly epic day. Even better than the TET and Robbinsville, Andrews round trip combined.

[IMG]http://3115.smugmug.com/photos/i-zNSTpxJ/0/L/i-zNSTpxJ-
L.jpg[/IMG]

Shit

happens

when

splore'n

Finally!!

Gotta love this sign

That's the Cherohala Skyway going over my route...........

This is on the TN Big Dog Dual-Sport route

Guess this means that I can't pitch my tent and live here

When in doubt,,,,,take the muddy route (this rhyme's for you Tony)

Got more pics but I'm hungry and I've been get'n ragged on for post'n too many pics.

P'cola bound and down...........
Old 09-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #29300
mikej55
Livin the Dream

Oddometer: 71
Got more pics but I'm hungry and I've been get'n ragged on for post'n too many pics. (quote)

OG, no such thing as too many pics!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:49 AM   #29301
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,256
^
+1

Keep those pictures/smart ass comments coming.
You got talent!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:49 AM   #29302
AsphaltMonkey69
n00b

Oddometer: 2
hey to all!

Hello,

Somewhat new to area and have ran into allot of dead ends trying to find people to ride with.. finally while out in Pensacola test driving a new car, the salesman who rides directed me to this site... Seems very active and I'm optimistic,,

Now I'm a knee dragger, so be gentle lol.. but I was told there are a good number of S.B. guys here... Anyways it's all about having your knees in the breeze, right?

Anyways I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting some good fellas to go riding with and hope I'm in the right spot...
AsphaltMonkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #29303
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeGarrett View Post
Been a great five days of riding...
P'cola bound and down...........
If you have done the Skyway first I think doing off-road route to Tellico(or if traveling east to Robbinsville) is pretty cool. It is nice to see the road from the trail. The old cabins and campsites are also enjoyable. I have heard this route referred to as the Gravahala.

Ran into this group riding last April

A good bit of the ride keeps you down by the river

Old 09-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #29304
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltMonkey69 View Post
Hello,

Somewhat new to area and have ran into allot of dead ends trying to find people to ride with.. finally while out in Pensacola test driving a new car, the salesman who rides directed me to this site... Seems very active and I'm optimistic,,

Now I'm a knee dragger, so be gentle lol.. but I was told there are a good number of S.B. guys here... Anyways it's all about having your knees in the breeze, right?

Anyways I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting some good fellas to go riding with and hope I'm in the right spot...

Yep you made it to PAR. If you can't find rides here you are in trouble.

Just keep posting up and join us for the fun. We consistently have ride with 10 plus. End of Seprember we will have the Turkey Trot where we will have 40 to who knows like minded hooligans on everything from xr100s to wings and Connie's. however orange is the predominant color.

See page two for details on rides and meeting places.

There is no club, no meetings, no elected officers and certainly no fees or dues or donts for that matter. We meet eat greet and ride.

Your turn. Join in.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #29305
MadMax400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,017
Quote:
Hello,

Keep in mind that is is mostly a dual sporting/dirt bike/enduro rider network. If your looking for knee dragging, crotch rocket riders your in the wrong place. Although there might be a few lurking in here. There is another place you might look if you google pensacola sport bikers or something like that.
Anyhow good luck on your search.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #29306
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ginger View Post
If you have done the Skyway first I think doing off-road route to Tellico(or if traveling east to Robbinsville) is pretty cool. It is nice to see the road from the trail. The old cabins and campsites are also enjoyable. I have heard this route referred to as the Gravahala.

Ran into this group riding last April

A good bit of the ride keeps you down by the river

BG, that's cool that I was on the same route you've been on. I got on gravel @ Joyce Kilmer and just wandered around a bit north of Cherohala then some on south and came out about 4 miles east of Kat's restaurant (that is closed on Tuesdays) got a burger, fries, coke @ Tellico Beach.

On return, just past where I came out, took a road north and wandered around, got onto some stuff that wasn't showing on gps even when zoomed in to 50 yrds. It was super steep stuff really rutted, lot's of fun. But took me back down to pavement, a little further east I picked up another that just kept hook'n up with one after another, went good bit to the north and eventually back down and finished on the section where I originally started from by JK.

When I put track into Garmin Basecamp and showed Wayne he said he's bring' n two bikes next time. I love the twisty tarmac but told Wayne I'm just bring'n off road gear next trip. I could spend a week just pidlin around the woods inside a triangle of Robbinsville NC, Suches Ga and Tellico TN.

I forgot to clear the SD card in my camera and maxed it out. I took bunch more pics and some video with my phone.

If you're going to Barber's for Vintage Days I'll see you there. If not, I'll see ya at the Trot. If your wing is not 100% by Trot, no worries, bring a big bike and do the ADV route. It's very enjoyable and relaxing, no rough stuff.

We can talk at Trot but I'm gonna try to go back up to TN NC NGA the 2nd week of Nov if that's something that might be possible for you?
Old 09-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #29307
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeGarrett View Post
Skid said that Waysherr rides like old people f#*^. And he should change his name to Wayslow.

Damn Skid that hurts This is a rough bunch.....u try to be nice & courteous & somebody wants to bend u over I guess next trip I'm gonna have to pick up the pace
Old 09-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #29308
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert

Quote:

AM69, welcome! Don't pay MadMax no nevermind. He's just a grumpy old man waiting to retire and only rides off road stuff. However, we do have street rides that are referred to as "Beast Rides".

There are also a few guys on this site that can flat out embarrass the average sport bike guy in the twisties. And they'll do it whilst riding a Goldwing, Concours, Multi Strada, etc...

I just got home couple hours ago from 5 days in N GA, NC and TN. Two of which were some of the best curvy tarmac around and I'm not just talk'n bout the "Dragon" which has 318 curves in I think 11 miles. I was wringing the neck on my little CBR 600 (track bike) trying to stay on the rear wheel of a guy riding a full dress 1400 Connie. Yeah, I know what you're think'n, I must not be able to ride. You might be right, but you get my point anyway.

A few of us (me included) also love to do track days (road racing) and it's gonna be cool'n off in a month, so one can be somewhat comfortable in full leathers. Three tracks close by, Jennings GP, Barber's and NOLA.

So, I don't know if you're in the "Right Place", I just don't think you're in the wrong place entirely.

I'm not one to "drag a knee" on Public roadways but I do like a spirited ride on tarmac. I have a Ducati Multi Strada 1200 and a Aprilia 1000 R, both of which handle way better than my riding skills demand.

So don't let the grumpy old guys run you off, (i'm 59) til you figure out if this is the right place or not.

Just kid'n ya Art, don't beat me up or nothing like that.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #29309
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert

Quote:
Originally Posted by waysherr View Post
Damn Skid that hurts This is a rough bunch.....u try to be nice & courteous & somebody wants to bend u over I guess next trip I'm gonna have to pick up the pace

You know how Skid is......
Old 09-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #29310
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer: 447
Mtns

This past few days was the bomb. Over 700 in 3 days. My buds (OG? Skid?where r u??)abandoned me so yesterday I rode by myself. 300 miles incl blueridge parkway, smokey mtns nat. park, foothills parkway, dragon, hellbender all in one loop. AM69 come join us some time, I go up 6 or 7 times a yr. You are more than welcome