Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2010, 05:40 PM   #6961
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer: 1,717
Well got the fork back, They said it was fixed. They said there was a leak in the top. Some thing I told them when I took it back over there. I guess I know more about bikes than I thought. they also told me they replaced the fork oil that leaked out and ther was a good bit of it. well see. also but wont be able to get to putting it all back together till the end of the week, couse of finals.

How is sept. 18 for the BBQ??? Thats what Im shooting for.

I looked out the window today and started sweating.
forrestrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:42 PM   #6962
sallad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestrider
I looked out the window today and started sweating.
sallad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #6963
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpau
I am delighted to hear that.....we felt awful about the FD failure and here we thought we were doing the new owner a favor by changing out both bearings......... sorry for the frustration....... Hope you have some fun this weekend....
no worries it was an unforsean thing .who would of guessed a bad bearing i replaced the pivot bearings checked all he measurments everthing looks good thanks again .
bzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:53 PM   #6964
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer

tony when we doing another beast ride i sure enjoyed the ride to red level i always wanted to do a camp out ride like that just checking out dirt roads and trails
Old 07-31-2010, 05:53 PM   #6965
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,651
That is why I don't mess around with dealers, Kevin. I can fuck it up at home way cheaper! Usually I don't though, because I actually care if it is done right and verify that it's actually fixed.

I fixed the front brake light switch on Kim's GS450 today. I was very happy that the switch could be disassembled, cleaned, greased and re-assembled so that is works properly again without spending any money. I tried it a bunch of times and it worked great. Kim got home, and I showed her that it was fixed but the lever was harder to pull then. I started pulling it again later, and it was very stiff. I got to thinking, maybe the master and reservoir did not like being upside down while I was tinkering with the switch. Pulled it off the center stand and confirmed that there are indeed no front brakes at all anymore. I pulled the guts out of the switch to eliminate it (the way it's designed, it could cause a problem.) Sure enough, the brakes don't work. Guess its back to square one. Good thing there were no test rides.
Philip Kuntz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:00 PM   #6966
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse
Billy, lets shoot for Aug 14th or 15th for the Monroe County ride.
Can't stress enough that we've gotta have wheels rollin early so we don't have to be in such a hurry. This ain't no race ride.
We'll be ridin dirt roads (ha,,,,,just like Eglin and Blackwater, only with without the sand )with many interesting places along the way as destination points.
Rick wants to go and has a family commitment next weekend and good to go the next,,,,,,,,,,Forrestrider needs a bit more time and I'm confident he'll be ready by then,,,,,,Melvin and couple more wanna go too.

As far as campin,,I suppose if you wanted to, you could camp at the beginning/end spot.
Its still too hot for me to camp.
Its Claude Kelly State Park on Hwy 21 about 15 miles north of Atmore Alabama.
14th or 15th sounds good i wont have my knobbies by then but the tourences worked well on dirt roads.i need to get up with you about getting that map download if its alright
Old 07-31-2010, 07:08 PM   #6967
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,091
Thumb Beast Ride date set

Billy, lets shoot for Aug 14th or 15th for the Monroe County ride.
Can't stress enough that we've gotta have wheels rollin early so we don't have to be in such a hurry. This ain't no race ride.
We'll be ridin dirt roads (ha,,,,,just like Eglin and Blackwater, only without the sand) with many interesting places along the way as destination points.
Rick wants to go and has a family commitment next weekend and good to go the next,,,,,,,,,,Forrestrider needs a bit more time and I'm confident he'll be ready by then,,,,,,Melvin and couple more wanna go too.

As far as campin,,I suppose if you wanted to, you could camp at the beginning/end spot.
Its still too hot for me to camp.
Its Claude Kelly State Park on Hwy 21 about 15 miles north of Atmore Alabama

Edits,edits, edits
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:03 PM   #6968
slomo510
what to ride today?

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriordad
i'm planning on riding tomarrow morning 8:00ish, thinking about starting out from hwy87 power station. if anyone is interested. let me know .
wd
is this a rain or shine event? i'll be there if it is raining... i was street riding this morning from 7-11 and the last hour was miserable... if it rains at least it will keep the temperature down...
WERA#510
2013 R1200GSW
slomo510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:35 AM   #6969
freebornman
pointman

Oddometer: 1,230
i'll be there rain or shine
wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflsv
is this a rain or shine event? i'll be there if it is raining... i was street riding this morning from 7-11 and the last hour was miserable... if it rains at least it will keep the temperature down...
Old 08-01-2010, 04:49 AM   #6970
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer: 1,717
I came downstairs from doing some painting, and my phone message dinger was going off. So called my voice mail and it was from Kip (cleefurd) the new rider that sold that B-King and went up north to get that 990 he got on e-bay. First off he asked me what I was going to do about my forks and that his bike was going to need some work, Cause he was riding in the Badlands doing 70+ and the next thing he knows he wakes up in the hospital, He said he broke both wrist and his Back and is in a brace and was limping home with the bike in the truck.

So I thought when I call him I would offer our help to unload the bike for him when He gets home I know he lives around P-Cola, What say yall?
Im going to call him a little later.
forrestrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:57 AM   #6971
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer: 703
Help a feller out...

Quote:
I came downstairs from doing some painting, and my phone message dinger was going off. So called my voice mail and it was from Kip (cleefurd) the new rider that sold that B-King and went up north to get that 990 he got on e-bay. First off he asked me what I was going to do about my forks and that his bike was going to need some work, Cause he was riding in the Badlands doing 70+ and the next thing he knows he wakes up in the hospital, He said he broke both wrist and his Back and is in a brace and was limping home with the bike in the truck.

So I thought when I call him I would offer our help to unload the bike for him when He gets home I know he lives around P-Cola, What say yall?

I am in North P'cola. Let me know...
Anybody can go fast in a straight line...
skid=mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:12 AM   #6972
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,526
Sorry I've been so quite lately. Between computer shyte & working 7 days a week, I have not been able to play any. All work & no play....
I did get a chance to weigh my bike, 315lbs with only .5 gallons. I can't add the photo (damn iPhone)
Maybe one day I'll take some time off & play. I better go I'm supposed to be working.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:13 AM   #6973
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

i am in the south west area let me know ,i would be glad to help
Old 08-01-2010, 06:18 AM   #6974
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer

i went for a ride this morning and passed a gs f800 grey on perdido key see anyhing other han crusers on the road around here is un usual
Old 08-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #6975
SingleTrackJeff
Lurker and Hangaround

Oddometer: 546
Oasis for breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzrider
i went for a ride this morning and passed a gs f800 grey on perdido key see anyhing other han crusers on the road around here is un usual
My wife and I took a ride yesterday morning early before my work and saw the same GS f800 we spoke at a light he said he was an ADV ridder but I didn't a name, but sweet bike. Leaving in a few to ride to the Oasis for breakfast.

Kevin if I can help when the gets to town I am on the west side
SingleTrackJeff is offline   Reply With Quote