Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #7066
Vico1
Takin' it Easy

Oddometer: 5,313
know all about them spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt
Me and my buddy rode the BW today and had a blast!!! Had a big ass spider latch on to me and it had black and white stripes with big ASS fangs!!! God damn that shit freaked me out but we still had a good time, I'll try and post a pic up....I'm out for tomorrow....
Its the August spider fest when the first man through get to eat spiders all day long. Every trail we rode was covered with them. Will be tomorrow too. This is when the front guy (Spider Man) pays for price for NO DUST.

Sorry you wont be on this on Ian. See ya next time.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:35 PM   #7067
souljamcdiddy
Truck Driver

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1
Post if you are going to be late or not show. We can wait if you are running late....
As always, I'm gonna try to be out. If I'm not on time, leave without me! I'm quite familiar with the area and have friends and family who live off mooney dr, about 1 mi down the road from timberlake entrance should I get myself into trouble. Always got my GPS & phone. I'm a big boy and I'll try and catch yall if I can.
souljamcdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #7068
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,846
Timber Lake

I'm in Fairhope drinking wine with my wife. Tried to connect with Hookin Up but no luck.

Remember, when riding TL, stand up and twist the throttle!!!! Don't be a sissy....G A S I T !!!!!!!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #7069
ineptizoid
Dust. Wind. DUDE!

Oddometer: 4,930
Had a great trip up to VA. I trucked the KLR up to Suches GA and rode up to my dad's from there. Spent a couple days riding around the Suches area before heading north to VA, got to see some of my favorite places in N GA

Had a great time visiting my dad and riding around southeastern VA...took the ferry to Jamestown and saw an incredible sunset

The James River...I used to swim right here when I was a kid. Good memories!

Rode the Blue Ridge Parkway for the first time in 10 years or so

Camped on the banks of the Yadkin River at Rider's Roost, about a half-hour south of the Parkway in Ferguson NC

Saw Paul Bunyan's bike at Cherokee County Cycles in Andrews NC...makes the KLR look like a Z-50

KLR ran like a champ throughout the 1800-mile trip. I think she's ready to do it again!

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:11 AM   #7070
SingleTrackJeff
Lurker and Hangaround

Oddometer: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid
Had a great trip up to VA. I trucked the KLR up to Suches GA

KLR ran like a champ throughout the 1800-mile trip. I think she's ready to do it again!
You picked a great place to start the trip, "TWO" is one of my favorite places to visit in N Ga.

Loaded up and rolling to TL

When in Doubt G A S I T !!!!!!! W F O
SingleTrackJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:56 AM   #7071
Vico1
Takin' it Easy

great ride report

Enept,

Always wanted to take a solitary trip like that. Great stuff and glad you got a chance to take the rides you want.

Gonna sling some sand at Eglin. Hot already.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:03 AM   #7072
freebornman
pointman

Oddometer: 1,230
sunday

on my way to tl.
wd
Old 08-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #7073
NC HILLBILLY
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,082
Back at McDonalds again with internet service. Boy o Boy did this hillbilly have a great ride today in Eglin ! I really got a new appreciation for how all you guys blister thru that fluffy white stuff called sand. Everyone really rolled out the red carpet. Vic led us at a great pace and waited at every turn. George and Jeff rode sweep taking great care of me at the back of the pack ! Its been years since I've been this tired (and hot) at the end of a 4 hour ride. I really enjoyed meeting everyone today. Thanks again for a great time. If ya'll are ever up my way, I hope to return the favor. Be sure to give me a call Woods Rider if you want to head out on the Stroms sometime this week............Mark

Current Stable:

2007 DR 650 (For The Rougher Stuff In Life)
2009 DL 1000 (For Those Laid Back Days)

Bygone Days:

69 Honda 50-----72 Suz 90
74 DT 250-------78 TT 500
80 KZ 650-------87 KLR 650
88 NX 250-------99 DR 650
03 DRZ----------04 SXC 625
06 950 ADV----- 99 DR 200
NC HILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #7074
Vico1
Takin' it Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC HILLBILLY
Back at McDonalds again with internet service. Boy o Boy did this hillbilly have a great ride today in Eglin ! I really got a new appreciation for how all you guys blister thru that fluffy white stuff called sand. Everyone really rolled out the red carpet. Vic led us at a great pace and waited at every turn. George and Jeff rode sweep taking great care of me at the back of the pack ! Its been years since I've been this tired (and hot) at the end of a 4 hour ride. I really enjoyed meeting everyone today. Thanks again for a great time. If ya'll are ever up my way, I hope to return the favor. Be sure to give me a call Woods Rider if you want to head out on the Stroms sometime this week............Mark
Mark,
Glad you had a good time! I thought you would have a rough time, but you did really well for a sand virgin. I tried to judge the pace so as not to pressure you but you were always right there so I picked up the past to a "damn fast enough" and you were still right there. Awesome and it was really good to meet you. And thanks for going to Micky Ds to post up.

As far as the rest of you FF... very kool ride today (not cool ya understand). The loss of the day was Gavin. Mother nature showed her ass with a slick angled log and Gavin went down hard - obviously since he rides hard. He was in shock for a few minutes but we got him cooled down and sorted out and sent him limping home on his own. God we are a cruel bunch!

Lets see, Single track, Jag, Sallad, Barney, Hillbilly, and WarriorDad (thanks as always for running sweep and keeping all the ducks in a row). Great ride guys. I think everyone was riding really well cause the past was f-a-s-t!!

The pictures will reveal that for some strange reason I was the only orange bike out of eight! How can that be.

I am going thru videos now and will post when I can get them loaded....

Yes I came home and took a 3 hour NAP.

Epic ride!

Old 08-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #7075
souljamcdiddy
Truck Driver

Oddometer: 72
That spill rattled my brain. It took me a good 15-30 min to fully recover. As far as I go... I'm left with a sore neck and a BADLY bruised left knee. It rattled my head so hard, that I was on the verge of unconscienceness. I could hear you guys around me, but was temporarily blinded, couldn't focus on anything. Felt like I was drunk. Popped a couple ibuprofen and I'm good for now. We shall see (or feel rather) the real damage in the morning!

Seems all the bike suffered was bars and levers. I was able to heat and bend my levers back to their original places and thanks to George, I all ready have the bike up and going again with the bars off his old WR. Thanks everyone for your patience & help. Jeff thank you for the taxi back to Navarre. Once I'm over this sore knee in a few days probably I'll be out ridin. I will miss next weekend since I will be in the Carolinas.

Jeff, let's see that death log!

souljamcdiddy screwed with this post 08-08-2010 at 05:32 PM
souljamcdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #7076
Vico1
Takin' it Easy

Yea!

Glad you are ok. We were worried. Mend fully before coming out again. As fast as you ride you need to be 100%.

We had another log crossing later which we have some on tape (Brett this ones for you).

I will post when I can.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #7077
Barney
I reckon so

Oddometer: 841
Enjoyed the ride today, thanks for leading us through Eglin Vic. Good to meet everyone that I haven't met before. Glad your ok Soulja.

Pics from our snack break.

Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #7078
sallad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 742
Had a great time today for sure. Gotta say that was one of the best rides I have been on this year, minus the part where Gavin crashed. Forgot my camera and GPS this so I have no idea where I have been and don't have any proof that I was there.

Did pick up a nail in my rear tire on the way home though
sallad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #7079
Barney
I reckon so

Oddometer: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1

We had another log crossing later which we have some on tape (Brett this ones for you).

I will post when I can.
Seemed like a good idea at the time.
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #7080
Vico1
Takin' it Easy

This is NC Hillbilly.
http://contour.com/node/102332

This is the log jam... Warrior Dad is commenting.
If you look close you can see Brett fall. And then watch WD show us how it done.
http://contour.com/node/102350

Unfortunately most of the footage was pointing down to much. My fault. Sorry WD. We did get some good stuff on the last section. Give you all some idea of roads. This is one of my favorite sections. A little long but good to watch. Got Jeff and Jim on here at least.

http://contour.com/node/102336

Hope you all enjoy and can actually open. I had to download a flash player but it is no trouble.

Great ride and hope to do it again.

Rick George and I have been talking about putting on another Turkey Trot ride after Thanksgiving. All day ride with lunch and gas in Crestview. Anyone interested?