User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #7636
Barney
I reckon so

Oddometer: 890
Saturday ride

I'd like to tag along and I'm good for Eglin or Blackwater, it would be cool to see some of the old hardware scattered around the range though.

Brett
Barney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #7637
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1
So where and when to ride?

At best I can do 2 out of three days ridng. But where?

One very good option is to ride Spec Saturday morning. That means we can eat BBQ in Mossy Head (they are not open on Sunday). We have also (thanks to Mugs direction) found some good twisties in the Hat Tree area so it will be fun to explore some more.

Other than that I really dont care.

Lets get some feed back from you FFs.
I have sworn off my dual sportn' 530 till after the race next Sunday. It's just too weird adjusting to the different cockpit of the 300 2T from the 530 4T.

That being said, Robin and I will be at Mossy Head preparing for the enduro Saturday morning. Stop by and say hello!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!

Woods Rider screwed with this post 09-03-2010 at 09:05 AM
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #7638
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,053
Can anyone give me the low down on D&D cycles of PCola. Im looking for a new dealer to do business with Im just not happy with the one I got my bike from.
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #7639
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,251
Across the spectrum there. Got two buddies with very positive results at DD's cause they went in knowing its gonna be expensive, but worked at a friendship/partnership since they're close and they enjoy Ducati's and KTM's.
Others around here can't stand the place.
Again, attitude and working at developing a relationship with local dealer/stealerships has worked well for me personally.
Matter of fact, Kiley's has been outstanding to me over the decades.
Again, your mileage may vary depending on expectations and attitude.
Go in pissy or
go in with a good attitude.
They're only human too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extsieg
Can anyone give me the low down on D&D cycles of PCola. Im looking for a new dealer to do business with Im just not happy with the one I got my bike from.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #7640
C-note4
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
May have 2 new guys joining, was at Malbis yesterday and a guy bought that KLR so I told him about the group and yall, but he still said He and his buddy would join.

Anyone planning to be at the Oasis for breakfast Saturday? Hoping to catch up with some more of you guys. Already met forrestrider so...
C-note4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #7641
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,938
Just got word I am out for tomorrow. Mug and Inept sorry I missed you guys.

I THINK I can ride Sunday and Monday for sure if anyone is still wanting to ride.

Next weekend is Enduro!

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #7642
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-note4

Anyone planning to be at the Oasis for breakfast Saturday? Hoping to catch up with some more of you guys. Already met forrestrider so...
With a name like C-note you better stay far away from Inept... Or atleast hide your foldin' money.... That dude is ?!CHEAP!?
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #7643
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer: 799
Dirt bikes plated in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJArt
FYI I do not believe you can plate a WR450 in the state of Fl. Due to the MCO/Title stating it is "for off road use only". Good luck with that one. I been down this road before. That is why most folks get the KTM/DRZ etc..
If you can work it right you might get lucky. Get one that is allready plated and avoid the hassle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
Truth about plating a "dirtbike" in FL. There is a big reason there is so much orange out there. A plate is not an option for around here it's a must have

[thats the problem i spoke with the dealer all the performance jap bkes have offroad only titles .the 250 works ok just fan the clutch like a 2 smoke 125 on the track . keep the revs up .]

My two cents: As AJ says, best bet if you have your heart set on a WR450 is to find one that is plated in another state and bring it here.

That was the main selling point on the KLX450R I just bought. Dude had a "road and trail" title from Tennessee. I passed up several good deals for Florida dirt bikes--too hard to make street legal.

Can't speak for other Jap makes, but some KLX 450's made it into the states with the MSO NOT specifying "off-road only". I saw one advertised over in Mississippi about a year ago...

So either it's got the MSO "loophole" such as the limited production KTM/Husky/etc, or it needs to have been plated already --and might need some blinker/brake light action too...

Good luck and let me know if you want help in locating a bike. I looked on every venue I could find for a couple of months. Found the KLX on Thumpertalk...
Anybody can go fast in a straight line...
skid=mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #7644
riggy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1
Just got word I am out for tomorrow. Mug and Inept sorry I missed you guys.

I THINK I can ride Sunday and Monday for sure if anyone is still wanting to ride.

Next weekend is Enduro!
Vic..i will see what i can do this weekend...maybe sun or monday....cant wait to get back out there!
riggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #7645
riggy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJArt
FYI I do not believe you can plate a WR450 in the state of Fl. Due to the MCO/Title stating it is "for off road use only". Good luck with that one. I been down this road before. That is why most folks get the KTM/DRZ etc..
If you can work it right you might get lucky. Get one that is allready plated and avoid the hassle.
AJ.....i will keep the rattlesnake option in mind! there have been so many times i have wanted to just do a local quick ride right from the house! you riding this weekend?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #7646
riggy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt
Thanks for the props, but I felt like I was slowing everyone up....thanks for waiting for me guys!!

Great video too, Froth!!!! One of my favorite songs!!

After this weekend, I convinced myself to sell the WR250R and get something with a little more oomph.....got my eyes on a nice WR450F.....love the 250, but f*ck me in that deep sand, I'm just bouncing that thing off the rev limiter and shifting/down-shifting that thing like crazy. Thought I was going to be doing some more long distance traveling with that thing, but for here on these trails, I need some more P-O-W-E-R!!! Have a guy from FWB coming this Saturday to check her out. Wish me luck!!!

If I still have her this weekend, anyone planning on riding on Monday?

i think monday madness is the way to go!! you should get that 450 EXC on craigslist....its already plated.......
Old 09-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #7647
freebornman
pointman

Oddometer: 1,230
week end rides?

so guys i'm back in town from the terrible north, drove over 2400mi. since sunday. glad to be home...
ok what's up for riding this weekend? who's got rides planned already and who still needs someone to ride with?
wd
Old 09-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #7648
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

riding this weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriordad
so guys i'm back in town from the terrible north, drove over 2400mi. since sunday. glad to be home...
ok what's up for riding this weekend? who's got rides planned already and who still needs someone to ride with?
wd
WD, Right now my take is that it is shaping up by majority for a Saturday ride and a monday ride. Vic is out for tomorrow but available Sun-Mon., so that might sway some votes.

I am available 2 out of the 3 days...kinda thinking monday for sure.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #7649
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

{so guys i'm back in town from the terrible north, drove over 2400mi. since sunday. glad to be home...
wd}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagluvr
WD, Right now my take is that it is shaping up by majority for a Saturday ride and a monday ride. Vic is out for tomorrow but available Sun-Mon., so that might sway some votes.

I am available 2 out of the 3 days...kinda thinking monday for sure.
George, I got:

Dirt Freak: Sat

sperz, Mug, Inept for sat. --maybe doing their own thing...

MITransplt: Monday

Vico is sun and or monday

Riggy is sun and /or mon.

I will try to adjust to whatever...

Barney wants to play too
Old 09-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #7650
freebornman
pointman

Oddometer: 1,230
sat?

Dirt Freak: Sat

so rob are you coming over to ride tomarrow?
if so let me know .
thanks, wd