Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2010, 06:07 AM   #9406
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt
That wasn't the same log that took me out on the last ride, by any chance was it?

JP is definitely the man!!!!
Glad JP was able to help!

No it was a different log (set of three actually - they are gone now). These are the one Soulman crashed on a while back.

If I may preach a little, When you are leading the pack and you come across a hazzard slow down and point it out. The next man should pass it along. WRONG, this just does not happen, especially with this group. This is what caused MI to hit his is log and I was leading. So here is the deal, when you come up on a danger, dont slow down and point, STOP and wait for all to catch up and be aware. Its the only safe thing to do. The frist rider has great trail visibility the second rider pretty good but after that inevatible dust will cloud vision etc.

The same thing for turns. Leaders cannot depend on the guys in back to stop and make sure the guy behind them makes the turn. It just doesnt happen. They simply get caught up in keeping up and blast ahead.

Now I wait at each turn and look for last man to be sure he sees us. This method beats waiting for the last few guys to realize they took a wrong turn and then come back and find you etc.

Just common trail sense.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:23 AM   #9407
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,139
So you were able to fish the valve keeper out with the tiny magnet?

Plus 1 on those valve guides.
Wouldn't want the new valves to be brushing against possibly damaged valve guides.

JP's a super guy for sure.
Its always a great day when he's along for the ride, and talk about being prepared,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DAYUMMM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt
Looks like you guys had a sweet ride yesterday, that's awesome. I was there in spirit!!!

That wasn't the same log that took me out on the last ride, by any chance was it?

Well, update on the bike, I just went and purchased 2 new intake valves (all f-ed from hitting the piston) and a new cam chain. So a few more days delay on getting everything back together, hopefully that will be all. JP is definitely the man!!!!
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:23 AM   #9408
Davebert
Too damn serious!

Oddometer: 832
test run

A small group from Crestview is going on a test run (monkey walk ) to check out the place today. We will probably end up at the starting place at 11:00 as we have to meet at our normal place in case some stragglers show up. Anybody that want's to show us around is most welcome as we don't know where we are going other than the maps from here...
Thanks,
DB
Davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:43 AM   #9409
freebornman
pointman

Oddometer: 1,230
sunday?

i'll be out in the range today, not sure what time yet. trying for around 12.
i'll post up when i'm about to leave out.
power station.
fbm
Old 11-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #9410
freebornman
pointman

congrats

i still have to smile on my face from when joel and i watched you blast past us on your 1st attempt in the deep stuff, we kinda thought we were gonna have to chase after you, you just kept going. nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinJunkie
FBM, I owe ya a million! Yeah, I got the sand thing. In reality, last week I wasn't working on the sand, I was perfecting my dismount. I had a few that would've made the olympics judges score a 9.8 ;) Saturday I went out and just rode it. Thanks to BZRider too, and just so you know, Billy, I was looking ahead. So now I've got a question. If I put orange plastics on my bike, will it turn into a KTM overnight? Because if it doesn't work, I may have to try some other means to get a KTM. After riding yesterday, the TT should be fun.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:50 AM   #9411
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,669
Suggestion

You guys might want to go down 85 and enter Eglin on 211 West Bound and you could pick up the Trot trail at Metts Landing.

If you think it would be of any help I can email you route chart. PM with your email and I will send XL or PDF.

Otherwise if you can read maps (large enough scale>) you should be able to follow route. Also we have been runing the same rodes a lot so simply look for knobby tracks.

You could at least ride to the helos and that area.

Good luck and have fun.

BY the way you are suppose to call Eglin and listen for range info. Give em a call then if asked you can say you did. There are some closures for today but should not affect your ride.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #9412
Davebert
Too damn serious!

We are leaving here in about 15 minutes but have to go to the Tom Thumb on 90 and Antioch road in Crestview to get with the group and then head to R-Bluff Rd and head west...probably hit 87 at around 11:00.
DB
Old 11-07-2010, 07:01 AM   #9413
Davebert
Too damn serious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1
You guys might want to go down 85 and enter Eglin on 211 West Bound and you could pick up the Trot trail at Metts Landing.

If you think it would be of any help I can email you route chart. PM with your email and I will send XL or PDF.

Otherwise if you can read maps (large enough scale>) you should be able to follow route. Also we have been runing the same rodes a lot so simply look for knobby tracks.

Good luck and have fun.

BY the way you are suppose to call Eglin and listen for range info. Give em a call then if asked you can say you did. There are some closures for today but should not affect your ride.
Vic,
I PM'd you my email. Send in pdf is fine or Excel.
Thanks,
DB
Old 11-07-2010, 07:18 AM   #9414
hooknup
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebornman
i still have to smile on my face from when joel and i watched you blast past us on your 1st attempt in the deep stuff, we kinda thought we were gonna have to chase after you, you just kept going. nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fbm
George what do you think I should say in my email to cyra about the barkbusters? Take picture and give brief explanation like (Bike fell over and bark buster broke).

09 530 exc - great bike SOLD

1969 Honda Ct-70 (Late night yard basher)
hooknup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #9415
Davebert
Too damn serious!

We are out of here...without the maps. Couldn't wait any longer. We have a big map and printed the little GPS one too.
DB
Old 11-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #9416
ineptizoid
Not Mission Capable

Oddometer: 5,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
BTW: anybody heard from Inept today? He was sposed to head out to BW round 13.00-- haven't heard from him....
Wow y'all have been some posting mofos in the last 24 hours! I just got caught up. Yeah, had a great ride yesterday with Dan in BW, excellent weather, a little on the nippy side after sunset though! Explored around Indian Ford/Sandy Forest, and stuck to the named/numbered roads as per the rules. SDH woulda been happy to see me riding by the rules.

bzrider told me about one of the best primitive campsites in the whole forest just off Sandy Forest, lotsa room, it's right on the river with a huge sandbar, truck/trailer accessible, and the price can't be beat. I'm thinkin after hunting season's over we oughta have a shindig out there.

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #9417
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid
Wow y'all have been some posting mofos in the last 24 hours! I just got caught up. Yeah, had a great ride yesterday with Dan in BW, excellent weather, a little on the nippy side after sunset though! Explored around Indian Ford/Sandy Forest, and stuck to the named/numbered roads as per the rules. SDH woulda been happy to see me riding by the rules.

bzrider told me about one of the best primitive campsites in the whole forest just off Sandy Forest, lotsa room, it's right on the river with a huge sandbar, truck/trailer accessible, and the price can't be beat. I'm thinkin after hunting season's over we oughta have a shindig out there.
TONY did u find the sie off of norman riley ? i am going to fire up he klr and hi a few trails ou this way
bzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #9418
freebornman
pointman

Isde Mexico

well as i predicted, those assholes "drug dealers" blew up some trucks in mexico not too far from the last, day 6 stage of the six day enduro. forcing the event organizers to CANCEL DAY 6.
my friend fred hoess and his team bob agonis memorial, did well and could have moved up in the standing s but for the canceled 6th day, which is the huge motocross race that the americans always do well in.
but all are safe and next year maybe the powers that are, won't hold this event in a third world country.
fbm
Old 11-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #9419
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1

Good luck and have fun.

Vic can you e-mail me that chart? glenn.amazon@me.com
thanks
10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:55 AM   #9420
RuckedUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,045
Prep work today so Im ready to roll down south Friday. Anyone give any thought about this Saturdays ride, I know I have!!! All damn week I have. Man I need to retire so I can spend all week on trail...

10' KTM 450EXC
84' Honda 500VT Ascot
RuckedUp is offline   Reply With Quote