Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2008, 08:35 AM   #91
Dakotarider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Mugwest, I'll just ride and meet you at the Petro about 8:30. I am on the west side and it will take 1/2 hr to get there or so. The XR has a full baja kit w/ mirrors. The speedo and DOT's are the only thing lacking.
Dakotarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #92
sallad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Yass-- Jerry beat me to it, Rocker-- give us some data on this route! We might can put together a 'Trans-Panhandle Trail' route, something i've been wanting to do for a while

Agreed, Broxon Landing is a good jump-off loc. Dakota, if you'd rather not trailer it, you can ride over w/ me via US90 to SR87, never touching I-10. I usually stay off 10 anyway to save the knobs. By shadowing me over the lack of speedo would'nt be an issue. Are you good to go in all other areas (tag, blinkers, lights etc) ?

Anybody else? Salladmaster, where you at man?

Later champs

MRP
No knobs here yet guys.. Still waiting on these dang Conti road attacks to wear out. Can't wait to get some tires and ride with all of you!!
sallad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:17 AM   #93
wontco
B00n

Oddometer: 27
Brother Mug, you know I've got blood in Broxson Landing (believe geneologically speaking there should be an 's' in there) since Broxson is my late G'ma's maiden.

Wish I could be heading out with all you folks on the weekly Ops, but Sat on-air is my one constant. Plus the Tourance wearing F650 would be a effing pinata (and my un-able ass with it) trying to keep up.

I'm there in spirit -In more ways than one it seems if you're headed out from Broxson landing- have fun! Be safe!

KeB
wontco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #94
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,894
Bad news fellas, today I was riding down the highway and the fuckin key rattled out of the ignition on my bike, so I have no way to start my bike or open the gas tank. sucks

Im gonna take care of it tomorrow mornin, but will definetly be late gettin out to the ridin area.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #95
Hatch
PAR OG

ok well apparently it cant be fixed. took the bike down to p'cola motorsports, they found a blank that fit, took the code off the ignition, made the key, and it didnt work. the best price for a professional locksmith was 85 bones, which I dont have. almost thinking at this point of just takin the screwdriver and hammer to it

anyone know a good locksmith that aint gonna charge that much? (I know its not a bad price, I just dont have it right now)

mug- how was ridin in that rain?
Old 05-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #96
Dakotarider
Adventurer

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTjerry
ok well apparently it cant be fixed. took the bike down to p'cola motorsports, they found a blank that fit, took the code off the ignition, made the key, and it didnt work. the best price for a professional locksmith was 85 bones, which I dont have. almost thinking at this point of just takin the screwdriver and hammer to it

anyone know a good locksmith that aint gonna charge that much? (I know its not a bad price, I just dont have it right now)

mug- how was ridin in that rain?
XT- Take the lock to Ubers on Fairfield, south of Home Depot. I took a pick-em-up bed box lock there and he made me TWO keys for $ 7.50. Forget P' cola ripoff motosports! The rain... well it was muddy and wet! Had a good time riding with Mugwest though. I put 150mi. on from house to house, that equals to 75 in area. He even caught the ol' XR once for me! Go figure, the WHOLE forest and I had to park the XR on the Beammer!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #97
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,090
Long distance ADV rider coming our way!

Hey Pensacola/Area Gang,
I`ve offered "Mr. Cob" accomidations on his round the US tour that will be starting soon. Click on this link to view some of his plans:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335572
He has accepted my invitation, and states that sometime in late July or early August he`ll be passing through. By that time, I hope to have ridden with you all, and maybe you all would like to have a get-together at my place when he gets here to hear some his wild and crazy stories. Mr. Cob is a wildman on his Ural Gearup, and I`ve enjoyed reading his posts and viewing his videos on the Adventure Rider site. I`ll keep you posted, and will be getting together for a ride in the Blackwater Forest and Eglin (had my permit from jackson guard for several months now)
Regards,
Madhouse
Old 05-04-2008, 07:58 AM   #98
Dakotarider
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
and (Dak, speaking of that get-a-little-closer moment earlier in the day, do you think you rashed the rear spokes on that stump?)
I think it was just "time". 4 years of bashing and "0" maintenance on the spokes... As for the kind words about my "skills", it was 1/2 luck and 3/4 uncontrolled kaos! BTW, I found a spoke wrench in the KLR tool pouch and will attempt to fix it today.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #99
PorkChopExpress
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 442
Does Pensacola terrain suit heavy trailies?

I am moving from San Diego to Pensacola this summer and I am debating if I should bring my KTM 950 Aventure or sell it.
PorkChopExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #100
Dakotarider
Adventurer

Eglin Pass info

[quote=Mugwest]
I questioned him on what the penalties for various infractions are-- turns out the biggest legal hit is riding off the clay roads in the various clay pits that are all over the place out there-- he said if caught shredding offroad there's a court appearance involved and they get the erosion people at Jax Guard to go take pix of the damage and try to charge the rider w/ 'environmental vandalism' or some such charge. If the damage is severe they attempt to levy a monetary penalty for repair/remediation.

MRP[/quote

Confirmed on Friday 2 MAY 08. The Police are hot and heavy out there, not from coffee and doughnuts, buy your pass and enjoy. Otherwise, if cought without, be banned and if Military, get your Command involved because Eglin LOVES to get EVERYONE involved, even for Stupid simple infractions. Be safe fellas! Dakotarider
Old 05-04-2008, 11:36 PM   #101
Hatch
PAR OG

Thanks for the tip Dakota an Mug, I'll be checking in with both places tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be down for some ridin friday!

Madhouse, hope to meet ya at the next ride - that sounds like a great idea and plenty of time to plan, Im in!

Porkchop - if yer already contemplating selling, sell it an get somethin smaller that can ride atop of this bottomless sand

...and how do you park an XR on a Beemer?

Hatch screwed with this post 05-05-2008 at 08:48 AM
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #102
Dakotarider
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTjerry
...and how do you park an XR on a Beemer?
Must have been all that "skill" Mugwest was praising me on!
Old 05-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #103
Hatch
PAR OG

Heres to Dakota:

Not only can he park an XR on a BMW, but he has kick ass advice on locksmiths - Uber's had me in and out in 15 minutes (5 to do the job, 10 to talk to em about their awesome armory in the store) and for a new key with a duplicate, it totalled out at 12.50 - cant beat that, literally!
Thanks again man!!

So whats the plan for the next ride folks? Friday?
Old 05-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #104
ineptizoid
Not Mission Capable

Oddometer: 5,146
Hey Riders, Suches was incredible, as always--lotsa good riding in the Chattahoochee Natl. Forest! I've got lots to do this Sat. AM but will be up for an afternoon ride, no doubt about it. Got some new shoes on the little KLR that should help with my lack-of-traction issues.

Madhouse, sorry you couldn't make it to Suches, we hooked up with JP/Morris/Roy on Saturday and Morris led us on an epic ride. Also, I'd love to meet this famous advrider "Mr. Cob," he's a living legend around here! I've been greatly entertained by his trip reports, I'm sure hearing them in person would be even better...

Hope to see you riders Saturday.

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #105
Dakotarider
Adventurer

10 May 08

Well, what will it be this weekend boys? I saw that XTJerry can ride Friday, (PM me) what about Sat? I can only go until 2. I need to pick up my boy between Crestview and Navarre early in the afternoon. I will just throw the mighty XR in the cage and unload around the hwy 87 area and meet you all someplace. I know it is a short day but what the hey! It is a ride non the less. I don't have a GPS and I don't have the area expertise so I don't want to lead but would be happy to trail along. I received my Trail Tech Vapor and rear pads today and need to finish the install on the XR. The KLR is ready to go if needed! After watching Mugwest ride the Beemer, the Kawi would have been a lightweight! Man can he handle that thing! Like Al Bundy would Say " Let's Ride!"