ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
poondangle OP
Slow

Oddometer: 1,584
Long Beach BMW

I wanted to post up some appreciation for the guys at Long Beach BMW. Its really awesome to deal with truly nice people. Let me give the short version of my tale of woe. I'm all the way on the east coast, near Virginia Beach. About as far away from Long Beach BMW as you can get. I'll honestly probably never step foot in their dealership, but they are doing me a great service right now.

I bought a '74 Kawasaki H1 from my dad. He was temporarily in LA for some work. He currently resides a bit north of Calgary. We had made some arrangement to get the bike back to me through another inmate that was traveling from the east coast to race the Mex 1000. Unexpectedly, my father had to return to Canada on short notice. That left me and the H1 in limbo. It wouldn't work out with my original plans. I quickly got on the horn with a few motorcycle shipping companies. I got my quotes and decided on haulbikes. So far the experience has been good, but only time will tell, Hope I chose well, but that's a different thread.

Anyway, they suggested I have the bike dropped at a local dealership. Well, neither myself, nor my father have any experience, or ties to any local dealer. Other than the fact we've both owned BMWs, we had no prior connection to Long Beach BMW. I looked up dealerships in the zip code, and they had good reviews on Yelp, so I gave them a call. I got to speak to Greg in service, and explained my story. without hesitation accepted to take the bike and hold it until the trucking company could pick it up. Never a moments hesitation. No problems, nothing. When you step back and think about it, they are storing a bike, from a guy they've never met, nor are likely to ever meet. I've never spent a nickle in the place. And they immediately offered any and all assistance I could ever need. They're essentially doing me a favor. My bike is taking up valuable floor space that a new bike, used bike, or customer bike could be taking everyday. Heck, the bike isn't even a BMW, its an old Kawasaki, that isn't even in the best of shape. Its nice to know some dealers still believe in helping fellow riders. So I wanted to publicly thanks them, and encourage anyone in the area to do business with them. They're top notch in my book!
poondangle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:05 AM   #2
Wallrat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 795
Nice man. Good folks there from the few times I've been. Love to hear this sort of thing.
12 Kuberg Start
13 Kuberg Cross
Wallrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:11 AM   #3
poondangle OP
Slow

Oddometer: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallrat View Post
Nice man. Good folks there from the few times I've been. Love to hear this sort of thing.
It's nice. I'm 99% positive that there isn't a dealer within 50 miles of me that would do the same thing.
poondangle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:19 AM   #4
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,379
LB BMW was briefly a Husky dealer. I traded a Ducati Hypermotard 1100S in on a new Husky TR650 for my son to use as his first street bike. I worked out the price of the Husky on the phone, and brought the Duck down to them. They offered me a price I thought was about $500 light on the Duck, and I countered back $800. Salesman looked at the papers, said he did not realize the Hypermotard was an S model, and accepted my price with no further dickering.

Was about the easiest purchase I have ever made. They are nice folks and easy to deal with. Have had no problems with their service department either.

'07 White (the coolest color) GSA rider
'13 Husky Strada & '14 KTM 690 Enduro
SocalRob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:30 PM   #5
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 12,048
I knew the owner back when he was a manager at his pops Mazda then BMW car dealership...nicer guy you could not meet. Efficient, happy, smart and charming. Me and the 'Frenchman' bought literally hundreds of trade in cars from them....hundreds over the years... a pleasure to deal with....straight shooters too and ever so fair.
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:25 PM   #6
groop
So much to ponder

Oddometer: 3,305
Nice to hear stories like this. I've been to LB BMW lots of times, but call Irv Seaver my local dealer.

Forums like this are also a great way for dealership feedback.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #7
bergermeister
housin'

Oddometer: 2,084
I'll just say that parking a bike in their lot is much different than performing competent service.
bergermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #8
Mr B
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
It is refreshing to see someone take the time to compliment, far to often all I read on these forums is complaints, some justified and some not so much..Either way thanks for posting a positive comment....

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote