User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
ironbutt84 OP
Time Traveler

Oddometer: 141
Easterners Wanna Ride Colorado?

Do you live in the east and always wanted to ride Colorado? Street, DualSport, offroad, we can get your bike there for you. Ck it out at www.TrailRideWith.Us
ironbutt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
inbred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
What a cool business you've created. I'm going to give your Moab trip some serious thought. I'll keep checking your site for availability.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,826
Do you have rates available just for the bike transportation?
ie what if you want to travel for the week or 2..not returning to the same hotel each night.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
Do you have rates available just for the bike transportation?
ie what if you want to travel for the week or 2..not returning to the same hotel each night.
cool idea they have have.
i'd say these guys are trail riders hence the same place each night vrs dual-sport/adv tourers.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
ironbutt84 OP
Time Traveler

Thumb

We do it both ways, just a haul or the trip with the bells and whistles. It's in the website but in a nut shell I typically drop off the street oriented bikes, Adventure bikes included, in Colorado Springs where Pikes Peak can start your journey. I've done this trip by mountain top and black top but never both with the same bike. For the more dirt oriented souls, we base out of Crested Butte and exclude black top as much as possible. I recently had an F800GS, somebody totalled it for me, and could definetly have had a fantastic time on that in Colorado. You could even shoot over into Utah for a few days. The truth is you could spend a month there and still leave plenty to see for several trips to come. I'm hoping to get some plans together for the Moab trip but I've been having a tuff time getting there to do my homework for that trip. Maybe just a haul for the first time geared towards Adventure Bikes would be the ticket. Yea, why didn't I think of that! Ok, if I do that for late september whoz in?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,203
Send me a message if you ever need a hand. I shipped horses all over the US for years and one time dropped 2 HDs off in Daytona on the way to West Palm. Drove the 550 with gooseneck cuz I never bothered with the CDL, but that never stopped me from getting in the FL with a 15 horse trailer. Farm plates are the way to go. I ride a TE 610 right now, but see a 990r in my future.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.877030,-72.750965
Life is good!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #7
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,660
I checked out your site and it's a great service you offer. Where do owners drop off their bikes for shipping to Co?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
ironbutt84 OP
Time Traveler

Well 1 Lunger, I appreciate the offer, I'll ad you to the list of those making a similar offer. I don't do this for the money, I do it so I have an excuse to go ride. Don't get me wrong, I cover my expences and throw a few bucks towards the mortgage on this rig but for a couple years it was in the red for most of the trips.
To answer the other question, you drop off at my shop in Ephrata Pa. or anywhere along my route. I've picked up as far west as St Louis on my way to Ca and picked up bikes in Texas to bring back east. I also am for hire for any trips you may want to put together and will handle as much or little as you like. Let me know!
Old 02-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #9
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,660
That's fantastic! I've done Colorado that way 3 times and it sure makes things a lot easier than having to ride across the midwest in summer! Will definitely bookmark this thread.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,557
The link to "Colorado Vacations" on http://www.trailridewith.us/ doesn't go anywhere.

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbutt84 View Post
Well 1 Lunger, I appreciate the offer, I'll ad you to the list of those making a similar offer. I don't do this for the money, I do it so I have an excuse to go ride. Don't get me wrong, I cover my expences and throw a few bucks towards the mortgage on this rig but for a couple years it was in the red for most of the trips.
To answer the other question, you drop off at my shop in Ephrata Pa. or anywhere along my route. I've picked up as far west as St Louis on my way to Ca and picked up bikes in Texas to bring back east. I also am for hire for any trips you may want to put together and will handle as much or little as you like. Let me know!
I don't want your money, but if you ever need a co pilot and I can get my bike out west in return let me know.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.877002,-72.750788
Life is good!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #12
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by genka View Post
The link to "Colorado Vacations" on http://www.trailridewith.us/ doesn't go anywhere.
I think their webmaster broke it. That link went to a different site a couple days ago.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
ironbutt84 OP
Time Traveler

Sorry about the link trouble. I just changed Domain hosts and don't have the bugs out yet. It will get you there on down the page, thats my day job. I;ll get it fixed yet.......thanks for the heads-up! ooops, no it doesn't! Where's that guys phone #.

ironbutt84 screwed with this post 02-24-2012 at 08:30 PM Reason: more info
Old 03-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #14
inbred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
I'd be quite interested in the late Sept. moab trip. I'd be into the transport only thing as if I'm going to be in moab I'm going to want to camp under the desert sky night.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #15
ironbutt84 OP
Time Traveler

That's the beauty of it, you do what you want, when you want, with who you want. Get some buddies and we'll do it!