Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #16
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDino
Sweet - ordered (even before your answer)

Can i use them on my car/eye-glasses :)?
Yes, as long as you have plastic lenses. Raincoat will not work on glass. Great for bicyclist goggles too.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:15 PM   #17
SNicky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Ordered......

I'm very excited about this! I have had a lot of problems with mist and light rain on my morning comute.

SNicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #18
duc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by themenz
Yes, as long as you have plastic lenses. Raincoat will not work on glass. Great for bicyclist goggles too.
To quote Christopher Walken on the Census clip from SNL - "Questions"

So mine is this; does it have any negative impact on polarized coatings on plastic lenses?

Thanks for all the prompt responses.
duc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #19
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc
To quote Christopher Walken on the Census clip from SNL - "Questions"

So mine is this; does it have any negative impact on polarized coatings on plastic lenses?

Thanks for all the prompt responses.
Interesting question and I can't answer it. I am pretty sure Raincoat will work fine but....I honestly have not tried polarized plastic lenses yet.

I will go out today and buy some plastic polarized sunglasses and give you a report. I need new sunglasses anyway. Now I can write them off as research!

If you're willing, I could send you a pouch and you can try at no cost. Send your shipping address to gene (at) motosolutions (dot) com
Old 03-15-2008, 08:05 AM   #20
duc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by themenz
Interesting question and I can't answer it. I am pretty sure Raincoat will work fine but....I honestly have not tried polarized plastic lenses yet.

I will go out today and buy some plastic polarized sunglasses and give you a report. I need new sunglasses anyway. Now I can write them off as research!

If you're willing, I could send you a pouch and you can try at no cost. Send your shipping address to gene (at) motosolutions (dot) com
I am using a relatively pricey set of specs (Native's), so I wouldn't want to experiment on them.

I already have a decent order in, so I'll stick to using it on my helmet until I hear if it's cool on polarized lenses.

Thanks agian.
duc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:17 AM   #21
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc
I am using a relatively pricey set of specs (Native's), so I wouldn't want to experiment on them.

I already have a decent order in, so I'll stick to using it on my helmet until I hear if it's cool on polarized lenses.

Thanks agian.
Understandable! I tried Raincoat on my Maui Jim sunglasses, which are polarized. Didn't work!!! After thinking long and hard realized Maui Jim's are glass lenses... . Raincoat won't work on glass.

Test results later today, thanks for the question!
Old 03-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #22
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow
Been when waiting for 'the menz' to come out with the goods. Tried the trial, stuff. Worked great all winter, summer, spring, rain, slush, sleet.

great product
Slush, sleet?!! Tell me more!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #23
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Bought some Ray Bans

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc

Thanks agian.
Went to Walnut Creek Sunglass Hut and bought some very nice Ray Ban sunglasses with gray polarized plastic lenses. Applied a nice thin coating of Raincoat to one side, let dry and polished the powder off with a cotton cloth. Checked in strong light and no defects such as smears, spots or halos. Waiting for the sun to go down to see if any halos around street lights, but I don't think so.

Now for the water drop test. Raincoat was awesome! Drops literally bounced off!

Then used a fine mikst sprayer. The Raincoat side started rolling the sprayed drops when they were about 1/3rd the size of the uncoated side. Those drops were also smaller and more rounded. Plus an easy breath on the lenses wiped the spray away. The uncoated side took a very strong blow and still had lots of big and small drops left on the lenses.

I think you should feel very comfortable with Raincoat on polarized lenses.

Can you think of any other test?
Old 03-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #24
Watercat
Web Footed Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,424
Here in PacificNorthWet the "Raincoat" will come in handy . . . . .

Looking forward to receiving the order.

" . . . discovery channel has been shit for over a decade . . . this (ADVrider) is actually good." - OldAndBusted

Expect the unexpected! - Skunked & DfunkD

2006 Husky TE 610
2005 Big Strom
2010 THRUXTON
Watercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #25
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Extended the 20% off coupon to March 31st

I extended the ADVRIDER 20% discount coupon to March 31st. Thanks to everyone that has ordered Raincoat and Fogtech. I am very anxious to get feedback on Raincoat!

themenz screwed with this post 03-16-2008 at 07:42 AM
themenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #26
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,101
PM'd ya !

thanks

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:43 PM   #27
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc

Thanks agian.
OK, now it is three days later. I have worn my Raincoated polarized sunglasses everyday, carried them in my fleece jacket pocket, washed them twice, once with dish soap.

Still no defects in vision and the Raincoat is still working about as well.

themenz screwed with this post 03-18-2008 at 02:49 PM
themenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #28
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,624
OK, I was ready to order some and so off I go to your website and see that you won't ship them little packets to Canada ... whats that all about?
Dan Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #29
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander
OK, I was ready to order some and so off I go to your website and see that you won't ship them little packets to Canada ... whats that all about?
Don't get me started!

These packets have a combustible carrier. So they are considered hazardous and as such, need to follow some pretty hefty rules. (Don't worry, Raincoat is safe for your visor.) I packaged them specifically to fit within an exemption for DOT (US ground transportation) and IATA (Worldwide Air). But I can't ship via the post office out of the country. The other shipping options are expensive unless ordered in bulk. Within the US, they must go by ground.

Fortunately I am expecting my Candadian distributor to stock fairly soon--see IATC - Fogtech and Raincoat Soon. And my UK distributor just ordered--V2 Mal --Fogtech and Raincoat Soon. Hopefully they will cover all of Europe.

Bottom line, keep checking and you will see Raincoat soon.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:24 AM   #30
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Any user experiences with Raincoat?

Many of you should have received your Raincoat by now, thank for the orders. If you have tried it out in weather, I would like to hear about your experiences either here or directly to me gene (at) motosolutions (dot) com.

Also, I have cleaned my polarized glasses several times and handled them for about 9 days. Raincoated side is definitely not working as well. It would need to be recoated. Still no halos or clarity problems.