Menz - got mine last night...

The Fog thing works GREAT! love it!

now on the Rain thing...couple of questions:
  • Apply with round yellow pad?
  • Wipe clean with white cotton cloth?
(I'm imune to instructions...)

Thanks!
Nadim
You have it right. Apply with yellow pad or with the corner of a cloth. Just put on the thinnest layer possible. That will make the buffing easy.

Let it dry for 5 minutes or until the coating is completely white.

Buff with the included cotton cloth or any soft cotton cloth you have. Just don't use a microfiber cloth to buff as you might just buff off the Raincoat wax.

Oh and thank you for the positive comments on Fogtech.

themenz screwed with this post 03-25-2008 at 08:26 AM
themenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #33
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,815
Sweet - thx!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #34
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,039
Thumb Tested in drizzle today!

The ride started out overcast and soon turned windy as the front moved in. That peculiarly small drizzle that comes in with the front began to mist up the windshield of the beloved beast. The tiny drops normally make good vision a chore; a hard rain is actually easier to ride in as the drops combine and run down the visor. This would be the first big test of a new product that claims to significantly improve your riding safety in the rain. Raincoat simply worked as advertised. Never a worry about wiping the visor! Even the tiniest drops ran off like they were impacting a hot frying pan!

Many thanks to you for this great product. It's always nice to get something that is both inexpensive and works as advertised!

I just Raincoated the big winter windshield...
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:52 PM   #35
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer: 10,505
Been suffering last few rains

My test sample finally went dry

Ordered some more tonight
Old 11-03-2008, 06:47 AM   #36
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostre
The ride started out overcast and soon turned windy as the front moved in. That peculiarly small drizzle that comes in with the front began to mist up the windshield of the beloved beast. The tiny drops normally make good vision a chore; a hard rain is actually easier to ride in as the drops combine and run down the visor. This would be the first big test of a new product that claims to significantly improve your riding safety in the rain. Raincoat simply worked as advertised. Never a worry about wiping the visor! Even the tiniest drops ran off like they were impacting a hot frying pan!

Many thanks to you for this great product. It's always nice to get something that is both inexpensive and works as advertised!

I just Raincoated the big winter windshield...
Thanks Roostre! May I have your permission to use this review on my website? If OK, send me a PM as to how you want your name location noted.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:07 AM   #37
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by themenz
Thanks Roostre! May I have your permission to use this review on my website? If OK, send me a PM as to how you want your name location noted.
No problem.
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:57 AM   #38
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostre
No problem.
Done!

Thanks again!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:39 AM   #39
BjornS
Snow commuter

Oddometer: 1
New member here, themenz suggested I should join and share my results.

I'm commuting in swedish winter weather, which means rain and snow in temperatures around -10°C to +5°C (15-40°F). Keeping the visor clean in such conditions is not easy. I have tried many other methods such as "don't wipe, ever", glove-mounted squeegees, stop-and-clean routines and was on the brink of trying tear-offs when I found Raincoat on the web and bought a few packs to test.

Raincoat does indeed work just as claimed on rain and road spray. Anything wet just rolls off. Thin spray tends to get stuck in the middle of the visor, but turning your head to the side blows it right off.

Unfortunately it does not work quite as well on snow. If the snow is cold and dry it just bounces off, but if the snow flakes are big and wet they stick to the visor and won't be blown off even by a head turn. It's pretty much like an untreated visor: You have to wipe it off manually. However when you wipe if off, the residual water left on the visor quickly beads up and rolls off leaving it clean and clear again. So even if Raincoat doesn't "cure" wet snow completely, it still gives me an advantage.

Overall, I'm very happy I found it. Raincoat on the outside and Pinlock on the inside is a great combination.
BjornS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #40
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BjornS
New member here, themenz suggested I should join and share my results.

I'm commuting in swedish winter weather, which means rain and snow in temperatures around -10°C to +5°C (15-40°F). Keeping the visor clean in such conditions is not easy. I have tried many other methods such as "don't wipe, ever", glove-mounted squeegees, stop-and-clean routines and was on the brink of trying tear-offs when I found Raincoat on the web and bought a few packs to test.

Raincoat does indeed work just as claimed on rain and road spray. Anything wet just rolls off. Thin spray tends to get stuck in the middle of the visor, but turning your head to the side blows it right off.

Unfortunately it does not work quite as well on snow. If the snow is cold and dry it just bounces off, but if the snow flakes are big and wet they stick to the visor and won't be blown off even by a head turn. It's pretty much like an untreated visor: You have to wipe it off manually. However when you wipe if off, the residual water left on the visor quickly beads up and rolls off leaving it clean and clear again. So even if Raincoat doesn't "cure" wet snow completely, it still gives me an advantage.

Overall, I'm very happy I found it. Raincoat on the outside and Pinlock on the inside is a great combination.
Welcome to ADVRider! I am glad you joined.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #41
boney
Ride > Post

Oddometer: 1,397
"this video has been removed by the user"

http://76.12.111.23/Videos/RaincoatDemo.wmv = HTTP 404
Old 02-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #42
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boney
"this video has been removed by the user"

http://76.12.111.23/Videos/RaincoatDemo.wmv = HTTP 404
Yeah, updated this and Youtube doesn't have a good way to do that.

Here is a link: Raincoat Application

Embed:

Old 02-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #43
Norwood
2WBMW

Oddometer: 106
Just ordered..both products.
Norwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #44
flyinon2
Bikes, Blues ...

Oddometer: 103
I have a question. I use Plexus to clean my windscreen and visor. Will this remove the Raincoat or will it just lessen the effect with each cleaning? I see where you say that soap and water does not remove it so I was just wondering about the Plexus. I carry a small bottle of Plexus in my tankbag so that I can stop and clean my shield or windscreen anywhere. There are a lot of bugs around here in the corn and bean fields of Central Illinois!
flyinon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:46 AM   #45
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinon2
I have a question. I use Plexus to clean my windscreen and visor. Will this remove the Raincoat or will it just lessen the effect with each cleaning? I see where you say that soap and water does not remove it so I was just wondering about the Plexus. I carry a small bottle of Plexus in my tankbag so that I can stop and clean my shield or windscreen anywhere. There are a lot of bugs around here in the corn and bean fields of Central Illinois!
Good question:

I did testing to see if Raincoat would work after applying Plexus. The good news is that Raincoat sticks and works just as well on a Plexus coated shield.

I will do some testing using Plexus to clean a visor with Raincoat applied. I suspect that Plexus will remove the Raincoat fully or partially.