Old 03-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #47
Max Wedge
ADVenture mowing

Oddometer: 236
Raincoat packaging warning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themenz
Don't get me started!

These packets have a combustible carrier. So they are considered hazardous and as such, need to follow some pretty hefty rules. (Don't worry, Raincoat is safe for your visor.) I packaged them specifically to fit within an exemption for DOT (US ground transportation) and IATA (Worldwide Air). But I can't ship via the post office out of the country. The other shipping options are expensive unless ordered in bulk. Within the US, they must go by ground.
One problem I did find with the packaging:

I was cleaning out my tail bag the other day in the spare room where clean laundry was being folded, and one of these fell out out:

The next day, my wife saw it, and read the "raincoat" label on it, and asked my son if it was his, to which he said "no, it must be Dads." Then her head was spinning! She had an emotional roller-coaster ride, imagining all sorts of terrible things, until my son read it a little closer, and told her it was for cleaning faceshields, what did she think it was for?

All was calm by time I got home, but my son and daughter gave me a hard time about it any way. I told them "Your mother knew I was a player when she married me, so calm down."

Maybe I you could change packaging and making the use more visible on these things before some one else gets 'caught'.
Max Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #48
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Wedge
One problem I did find with the packaging:

I was cleaning out my tail bag the other day in the spare room where clean laundry was being folded, and one of these fell out out:

The next day, my wife saw it, and read the "raincoat" label on it, and asked my son if it was his, to which he said "no, it must be Dads." Then her head was spinning! She had an emotional roller-coaster ride, imagining all sorts of terrible things, until my son read it a little closer, and told her it was for cleaning faceshields, what did she think it was for?

All was calm by time I got home, but my son and daughter gave me a hard time about it any way. I told them "Your mother knew I was a player when she married me, so calm down."

Maybe I you could change packaging and making the use more visible on these things before some one else gets 'caught'.
Now that is funny! I hate to admit this, but I did not know that Raincoat was another word for condom until well after I owned the trademark. Even my lawyer who charged me a small fortune did not mention it. Of course, he did not ever see the packaging!

I am working on a package that is more image like. But won't happen for quite a while.

BTW, how did your wife know about raincoats?

themenz screwed with this post 03-09-2009 at 03:18 PM
themenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #49
Max Wedge
ADVenture mowing

Oddometer: 236
Quote:
BTW, how did your wife know about raincoats?

I didn't always have kids.
Max Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #50
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,143
Quote:
Good question:

I did testing to see if Raincoat would work after applying Plexus. The good news is that Raincoat sticks and works just as well on a Plexus coated shield.

I will do some testing using Plexus to clean a visor with Raincoat applied. I suspect that Plexus will remove the Raincoat fully or partially.
How's the Plexus testing going? I too use Plexus and a microfiber cloth to clean the bugs off my faceshield usually every 2-3 hours. If Plexus removes Raincoat, do you know of another product for removing bugs that doesn't affect Raincoat? I'm thinking that possibly maybe using just plain water would work on the bugs?
DRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #51
KevinMTB
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Raincoat code not working

Went to order some raincoat and fogtech but the ADVRider code didn't work for me. Is it still good? Thanks, sounds like a good product.
KevinMTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #52
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer: 10,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMTB
Went to order some raincoat and fogtech but the ADVRider code didn't work for me. Is it still good? Thanks, sounds like a good product.
Seems to have expired
Old 10-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #53
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 5,874
Yuup, expired.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:13 AM   #54
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear
Yuup, expired.

Fixed. The ADVRIDER 20% off coupon is valid again.

themenz screwed with this post 10-22-2009 at 08:36 PM
themenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #55
Watercat
Web Footed Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,424
Thumb Discount on !

Repeat customer here . . . . . .

This product is great for PNWet commuting

" . . . discovery channel has been shit for over a decade . . . this (ADVrider) is actually good." - OldAndBusted

Expect the unexpected! - Skunked & DfunkD

2006 Husky TE 610
2005 Big Strom
2010 THRUXTON
Watercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #56
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watercat
Repeat customer here . . . . . .

This product is great for PNWet commuting

See PM message for testing new version.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #57
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,685
How long does an application of fogtech last? If I have to continuously apply, it is not the product for me.

thanks
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #58
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
How long does an application of fogtech last? If I have to continuously apply, it is not the product for me.

thanks
Usually 3 to 5 days, but that can vary. I have reports from one rider who gets 15 days out of an application. Some get less.

There are many variables such as brand of shield or glasses, humidity levels, heat, wind, method of application. All of these affect the longevity of the coating.

Best way is to try it, I will give your money back if it doesn't work.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #59
NorCalTA
Roaming ADV Gnome

Oddometer: 1,479
What is the shelf life of Raincoat? Once a packet has been opened, will the remaining product deteriorate and become unusable over time?

NorCalTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:49 AM   #60
themenz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalTA
What is the shelf life of Raincoat? Once a packet has been opened, will the remaining product deteriorate and become unusable over time?
Sorry for the delayed reply!

If you tightly fold the edge of the packet a couple of times and hold closed with a paper clip, you can probably get it to last 8 months or so. I have a couple that have gone nearly a year without drying out.