ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2009, 04:45 AM   #6481
mynamewasmud
Hillbilly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdbeard55
What doesn't make any damn sense is how I rode 280 miles and got Bruce'd twice!

-Jim-
You should use your magic eight ball, shake, shake, shake, will I make it back in time to post this picture. Try again later.
mynamewasmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:10 AM   #6482
Solace
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit
Are people still keeping score on who has how many tags?
Why would we do that, Mr. Luke? It's not a race, there are no prizes or trophies. Like Dave Letterman would say "this is only an exhibition, this is not a competition, so please No Wagering". I only kept score to see how I did against Meef. I'm not even close!

By the way, you're in the top ten for 2009 - just one more to get you into double-digits ...

MeefZah36
mpenner29
Solace24
Just GO!20
Mr. O16
mynameismud11
Mister C10
dox9
buildit9
bruceride8

Heh.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #6483
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,647
Wicked 'sup.

Mornin'... *sip*

Oh yeah, and...

TAG!

Coonskin Library, Amesville, right behind Amesville Elementary and right next to their playground. It's even on their property, apparently. NO TRESPASSING!

All the kids were at recess. And screaming. At me. HEY IT'S A MOTORCYCLE YAYYYYYYYY!!!! There were about 20 of them scattered about the playground, about 5 of them were hounding me. For quite a while. "Hey we didn't know it was you until you took your helmet off!" "Hmm. Well you didn't know it was me anyhow, because you don't know who I am!"

Eventually the teachers called them back to the playground and I was left alone (briefly) to explore a place I've driven past a million times but never stopped.

Mrs. dox actually grew up in Amesville and went to Amesville Elementary, whose property the Coonskin Library resides on. Cool spot, I've never been here before.

Took a peek in the windows to see what's inside:

What's funny is, Mrs. dox suggested last week that I go get this tag as a file photo. When I told her Denny used it as a tag, she was a little disappointed that I didn't get to use it first. But that's OK, I will make it up to her by going after it.

New tag after lunch!

dox screwed with this post 11-24-2009 at 09:54 AM
dox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #6484
Just GO!
Countersteer it.

Oddometer: 2,867

Cool
Old 11-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #6485
mynamewasmud
Hillbilly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dox
Mornin'... *sip*

Oh yeah, and...

TAG!

Coonskin Library, Amesville, right behind Amesville Elementary and right next to their playground. It's even on their property, apparently. NO TRESPASSING!

All the kids were at recess. And screaming. At me. HEY IT'S A MOTORCYCLE YAYYYYYYYY!!!! There were about 20 of them scattered about the playground, about 5 of them were hounding me. For quite a while. "Hey we didn't know it was you until you took your helmet off!" "Hmm. Well you didn't know it was me anyhow, because you don't know who I am!"

Eventually the teachers called them back to the playground and I was left alone (briefly) to explore a place I've driven past a million times but never stopped.

Mrs. dox actually grew up in Amesville and went to Amesville Elementary, whose property the Coonskin Library resides on. Cool spot, I've never been here before.

Took a peek in the windows to see what's inside:

What's funny is, Mrs. dox suggested last week that I go get this tag as a file photo. When I told her Denny used it as a tag, she was a little disappointed that I didn't get to use it first. But that's OK, I will make it up to her by going after it.

New tag after lunch!
Thank you for posting that before lunch or I would have been going there after work. That is a very touching story and a beautiful stroll down memory lane but, how long doe's it take to eat a sandwich? I get off work in an hour.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #6486
Just GO!
Countersteer it.

Oddometer: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynamewasmud
Thank you for posting that before lunch or I would have been going there after work. That is a very touching story and a beautiful stroll down memory lane but, how long doe's it take to eat a sandwich? I get off work in an hour.

Obviously you've never seen Dox. If you have you would realize that he probably doesn't eat just one sammich for lunch.

Hi, Dox.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #6487
mynamewasmud
Hillbilly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just GO!
Obviously you've never seen Dox. If you have you would realize that he probably doesn't eat just one sammich for lunch.

Hi, Dox.
Lunch is typically noon to one, the same day.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #6488
mynamewasmud
Hillbilly Adventurer

Well, look's like no tagging for me Im off to the range.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #6489
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,647
Sorry for the wait, I got a little tied up with doing actual work for a few minutes while I was composing the post for the new Tag. Enjoy! PM me if you are heading this way... It's fairly close to me.

New Tag:

It's been driving me absolutely insane, as I've been wanting to use this as a tag for a while now. In the summer, our new tag is obscured by trees and is hard to see from a distance. But in the winter, it can be seen from many places around town.

This place was home to many that the state deemed to be "mentally disturbed". I think some of our Tag players would have qualified for a visit to this place as a patient back then. It was one of the places known for performing the infamous "lobotomy" procedure, and is widely known by those interested in the topic as a site of high paranormal activity.

It has roads that snake through the woods, then lead to nowhere.

Remnants of buildings and other structures that are now just a few walls, holding on to their last days before crumbling to dust.

Abandoned buildings that are beyond renovation, with rubble and relics of a bygone era.

Even from a distance, the way that it is built into the hillside, it's very difficult to get an idea of just how big this complex is without roaming around it's haphazard streets, hills and trails.

The cemetery is as eerie as any in the state.

Especially the area where the headstones are arranged in a large circle, all facing each other, like old time mental patients in wheelchairs, engaged in the eternal conversation of the clinically insane.

The old guard building (or so it appears) keeps watch over the backside of the largest structure on the property, the main building.

From the front, the main building is as dark and mysterious as it is large.

And it's really hard to get a sense of how big it is until you see it in person and walk around the complex.

Completed in the year crested atop it's main entrance...

... the Asylum didn't actually open until 1874. It operated here through changes in medicine and science until it was closed in 1993. Shortly thereafter, it was acquired by another kind of state funded institution.

It's grand entrance and a large portion of the main building is now a portal to the arts, housing an art museum & gallery. The rest of the main building and many of the other outbuildings are now offices and laboratories for research.

The Tag Shot:

Old 11-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #6490
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,711
this would make an awesome farnsy tag
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #6491
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch
this would make an awesome farnsy tag
"oh my god, something warm is running down my leg... oh my god there is a warm goo filling the back of my pants!"

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #6492
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,806
Hmmm...well there's a place that brings back memories, and reminds me it might be time to tell the spiders that live in my belly that no, I don't feel like bananas right now. Maybe it's time to kill again.

Wait, what are we talking about? Oh, nice tag Dox.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #6493
mynamewasmud
Hillbilly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset
Hmmm...well there's a place that brings back memories, and reminds me it might be time to tell the spiders that live in my belly that no, I don't feel like bananas right now. Maybe it's time to kill again.

Wait, what are we talking about? Oh, nice tag Dox.
I thought Penner was the creepy one.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:55 PM   #6494
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynamewasmud
I thought Penner was the creepy one.
They have a competition going to see who can be the creepiest.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #6495
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit
They have a competition going to see who can be the creepiest.
I am the creepy one. Swingset is the pervert. Try to keep it straight!

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote