ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #13561
jimjim
Just another FF!
 
jimjim's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: oHIo
Oddometer: 1,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Ugh! That's a long way over there.
"Just Go"!
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #13562
bikeneil
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Southern Ohio
Oddometer: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Ugh! That's a long way over there.

It's closer than some of my other file photos. I need to build up my supply.

Sion and I had a race home to see who got the last tag, he showed up as I was getting ready to leave.
bikeneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #13563
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Southern Ohio
Oddometer: 2,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
"Just Go"!
Easy for you to say, slacker.
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #13564
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer
 
ArmyJoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeneil View Post
It's closer than some of my other file photos. I need to build up my supply.

Sion and I had a race home to see who got the last tag, he showed up as I was getting ready to leave.
Get a smartphone and post the pic from the tag location.
__________________
2009 Can-Am Spyder RS, 2008 Yamaha WR250R

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #13565
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Southern Ohio
Oddometer: 2,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
Get a smartphone and post the pic from the tag location.
You're talking about two of the tightest guys in Ohio!
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #13566
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer
 
ArmyJoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
You're talking about two of the tightest guys in Ohio!
Well, you can't bring Skittles to a gun fight.


__________________
2009 Can-Am Spyder RS, 2008 Yamaha WR250R

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #13567
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer
 
vivid dadas's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Thumbolia
Oddometer: 864
Nice tag
__________________
"Five stinking radicals in a three cylinder Saab!"
vivid dadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #13568
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,536





Fire Department, ( New) Matamoras
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #13569
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,536
Previous tag, I'm not really sure what the name of this town is. It is listed on different maps as both New Matamoras and Matamoras, the city limits signs - there are 2 right next to each other - say both New Matamoras and Matamoras.... our WV friends call it New Mat, that's what I have heard most people refer to it as. Anyway....

New tag, in keeping with the volunteer FD theme, is in a town you might think was founded by freed slaves, and not too far from a lake whose name always makes me think of "chlamydia". Never far from the gutter, my mind is.

Side note, the bike is a bit muddier in this picture than the other tag shot in New Mat... I rode a ton of Monroe County dirt roads on the way home, and managed to get stuck in the mud on a downhill abandoned road that was apparently still in use by the Amish, meaning it was muddier than shit and all torn up from hooves and wagon wheels. Ended up having to strip the bags off, lie the bike on it's side, and drag it out of the rut; then walk it under power about 1/4 mile back up the road I had just come down. Took about an hour....

__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #13570
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter
 
SlipChip's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: East of CleveOh
Oddometer: 3,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Side note, the bike is a bit muddier in this picture than the other tag shot in New Mat... I rode a ton of Monroe County dirt roads on the way home, and managed to get stuck in the mud on a downhill abandoned road that was apparently still in use by the Amish, meaning it was muddier than shit and all torn up from hooves and wagon wheels. Ended up having to strip the bags off, lie the bike on it's side, and drag it out of the rut; then walk it under power about 1/4 mile back up the road I had just come down. Took about an hour....

Nice tagging and good story Mark, still enjoying that Yammie? I guess you didn't like the windscreen? I think, in another thread, Mike G alluded to a tire issue, what are you running now?
__________________
Chip
`92 Yamaha TDM 850

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #13571
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer
 
vivid dadas's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Thumbolia
Oddometer: 864
Nice tag on a (I thought,) very cold day.
__________________
"Five stinking radicals in a three cylinder Saab!"
vivid dadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #13572
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip View Post
Nice tagging and good story Mark, still enjoying that Yammie? I guess you didn't like the windscreen? I think, in another thread, Mike G alluded to a tire issue, what are you running now?
It's growing on me.

Shinko 705s, which (incredibly) are much nicer than the stock Metzler Tourance EXPs... the Metzlers I literally had to fight at low speeds to get the bike to turn, the Shinkos just flop right over, nice and easy.

The windshield sucks. The buffeting is so bad it is honestly almost unbearable. The Madstad bracket I tried in an attempt to cure the buffeting also sucked. No windshield is the most comfortable for me, but it looks retarded. I've been looking for some option to cover up the exposed mounts, like maybe a Buell Lightning flyscreen, or a GS flyscreen, or something. At some point I need to fly to Japan and kick the windshield designer right in his little yellow dick.
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #13573
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer
 
ArmyJoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Shinko 705s
I'm seriously thinking about trying them on the WRR. I suspect that 80/20 will be my ratio. And I figure I can buy a shit load of replacement tires before I can cost-justify spending 1K on moto rims on the WRR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
At some point I need to fly to Japan and kick the windshield designer right in his little yellow dick.
__________________
2009 Can-Am Spyder RS, 2008 Yamaha WR250R

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #13574
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Southern Ohio
Oddometer: 2,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post

The windshield sucks. The buffeting is so bad it is honestly almost unbearable. The Madstad bracket I tried in an attempt to cure the buffeting also sucked. No windshield is the most comfortable for me, but it looks retarded. I've been looking for some option to cover up the exposed mounts, like maybe a Buell Lightning flyscreen, or a GS flyscreen, or something. At some point I need to fly to Japan and kick the windshield designer right in his little yellow dick.
On my Wee, I ended up moving my Madstad brackets to the lower than stock height, tilted halfway back, and it worked great! Good wind protection and quiet around the helmet.
I tried every high position to no avail, and was ready to write off the brackets. YRMV.
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #13575
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
I'm seriously thinking about trying them on the WRR. I suspect that 80/20 will be my ratio. And I figure I can buy a shit load of replacement tires before I can cost-justify spending 1K on moto rims on the WRR.
I had them on the WR and liked them quite a bit. Good all roads tire, gravel, pavement. Not great in mud. Last a while on a light bike.
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014